Windows 10: can you get windows store to detect already downloaded games

Discus and support can you get windows store to detect already downloaded games in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; me and my brother just bought halo wars 2 and its a pretty big download we are on limited internet so only one of us can download it is it possible to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by declenharper, Oct 30, 2018.

1. can you get windows store to detect already downloaded games

me and my brother just bought halo wars 2 and its a pretty big download we are on limited internet so only one of us can download it is it possible to put the game on the other ones pc then get the windows store to detect its installed similar to what steam can do where you copy the files over and steam detects its installed

:)

declenharper, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Siddhagod Win User

Windows 7 x64 not detecting GTX295

Background
    I installed the 295 and it was not detected. So I downloaded 181.22 for Vista x64, but those drivers didn't work for gaming (CTD). So I installed a GTX 8800 and it was detected and drivers installed automatically from Windows Update.

Now I put the 295 back in, and it installed and was able to run games. However, the nVidia control panel was not available, suggesting that the drivers hadn't installed properly... So I deleted the drivers and rebooted. And... again it lists my 295 as a "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" and a "3D Video Controler", but no drivers can be found by Windows Update.

Question
    1) Is there anywhere I can download the Windows 7 x64 drivers and install them manually?

2) Any idea how I can get Windows 7 to recognize my GTX295 so that it can download the proper drivers.

3) Have you had the GTX295 install automatically in Windows 7 x64?

Siddhagod, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Gino Des Win User
    can't download games from store

Hi Krishna,

You might be experiencing this issue because of a connectivity issue or the Microsoft Store cache is corrupted. In order to diagnose the problem, we suggest that you try the following methods:

Method 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This troubleshooter fixes problems that may prevent apps and games from downloading and installing correctly. To run the troubleshooter, kindly refer to the following article:

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Method 2: Manually reset the Windows Store app cache then try to download games again. To manually reset, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Command Prompt, and right-click Command Prompt
      from the results.
    • Click Run as administrator.
    • Type wsreset, and press Enter.

We also recommend that you download and install any pending updates that need to be installed on the computer through

Windows Update
    and check if it helps resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, kindly send us a reply with the following information so we can further pinpoint the cause of this issue:

• Do you only experience this issue when downloading a specific game from Microsoft Store? If yes, what is the name of the specific game you are trying to download?
    • Have you tried downloading the game by accessing
      Microsoft Store using your web browser
      ?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

Gino Des, Oct 31, 2018
  4. can you get windows store to detect already downloaded games

not able to download games from store

Hi,

There are several possible reasons as to why you're encountering issues with downloading games from the Windows Store. Here's a list of the common factors:

• Your account may be restricted from downloading games that are inappropriate for your age.
    • Games you're trying to download are not available in your current region.
    • Corrupted app data
    • An outdated Windows 10 OS

For us to determine the root cause of this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • Are you using an adult or a child account?
    • Is the Microsoft account you're using in the Windows Store app the same as your Windows 10 user account?
    • Are you using an administrator user account?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Windows apps troubleshooter provided on this

link
    . This can help resolve issues with downloading and installing games from the Windows Store.

Catherine Cus., Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

can you get windows store to detect already downloaded games

1. can you get windows store to detect already downloaded games - Similar Threads - store detect already

2. Microsoft adds games that you can play without download to the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft adds games that you can play without download to the Microsoft Store: Microsoft has just launched a new feature in the official Microsoft Store that allows users to play games instantly on the Store. Select games do not have to be installed anymore to start playing them. One of the ideas behind the feature is to use the feature to preview...
  3. Can you get Minecraft java for free if you already bought windows 10 edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you get Minecraft java for free if you already bought windows 10 edition: I saw on the launcher that in summer 2022 if you have windows 10 edition, then you will be eligible to get a free copy of Minecraft java edition. is this true and if so may I get more info?...
  4. Can you get Minecraft java for free if you already bought windows 10 edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you get Minecraft java for free if you already bought windows 10 edition: I saw on the launcher that in summer 2022 if you have windows 10 edition, then you will be eligible to get a free copy of Minecraft java edition. is this true and if so may I get more info?...
  5. Microsoft store can't detect hardware, won't download games.

Microsoft store can't detect hardware, won't download games.: I just bought the game pass, and the microsoft store says my computer isn't compatible because it cant detect any of my hardware. How do i let the microsoft store see what hardware I have?...
  6. digital game refund if not downloaded already

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    digital game refund if not downloaded already: I accidentally bought a minecraft digital game and have not yet downloaded into my computer. How can I get a refund on it please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-game-refund-if-not-downloaded-already/7845fb7b-7cf5-4055-911a-2908c70dd32e
  7. If you get an error during your download will Microsoft Store save already downloaded files?

If you get an error during your download will Microsoft Store save already downloaded files?: I tried to download Dirt Rally 2.0 from the Microsoft Store on broadband satellite internet overnight during off-peak. In the morning it said that there was an error during the download and I needed to restart the download. Does Microsoft Store save files downloaded before...
  8. downloading games on window store.

downloading games on window store.: I recently uninstalled sea of thieves because i ran into an issue on the windows store and now i can no longer download it back on to my computeri originally got it on my Xbox if this helps...
  9. Windows Store Game download

Windows Store Game download: I got Xbox Game Pass last night and downloaded Outer Worlds. The game downloaded successfully, on a drive that had plenty of space, seemed to install correctly, but I can’t launch it. Apparently, I’m supposed to have a section in my library specifically for Game Pass games,...
  10. Game not detected by Windows Store

Game not detected by Windows Store: I have a pc that 2 people use. Each have their own account. I redeemed Gears of War 4 for PC using the Windows Store, downloaded it (133GB for a game like that is absurd but more about that later) and was able to play no problem. The issue now is that the 2nd user of the pc...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows games already downloaded

2. windows store games already downloaded

3. windows store scan for already installed games

4. windows store detect installed game,
  5. windows store detect already installed games,
  6. how to detect video games already downloaded,
  7. already downloaded game windows store