Windows 10: Can you give me any advice on how to Install Windows 10 best on a Samsung 860 EVO SSD in my...

Discus and support Can you give me any advice on how to Install Windows 10 best on a Samsung 860 EVO SSD in my... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am thinking about installing a Samsung 860 EVO SSD in my HP Laptop next week. I would prefer to do a Clean install of my Windows 10 Pro for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BartDee, Feb 26, 2020.

1. BartDee Win User

Can you give me any advice on how to Install Windows 10 best on a Samsung 860 EVO SSD in my...

Hi,

I am thinking about installing a Samsung 860 EVO SSD in my HP Laptop next week.

I would prefer to do a Clean install of my Windows 10 Pro for a fresh start.

Questions:
    Do you have any Tips on how to make it function optimally from day one?
    And any advice for preventing possible complications/issues you know of later?
    Maybe some thoughts about what would be a good configuration from experience?

System:
    HP ProBook 430 G2 Laptop
    or
    HP ProBook 650 G1 Laptop
    Windows 10 Pro 1909
    Samsung 860 EVO SSD 1TB SATA V_NAND SSD

Thanks.

:)

BartDee, Feb 26, 2020

2. does windows 10 recognize samsung 860 evo

I've been reading that a number of people are having trouble with windows 10 working with a Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB SSD. I've tried looking on the Samsung website for the driver for this drive and they have all other models except the 860 EVO. Do they work
    together?

DanMasterson1, Feb 26, 2020
  3. Willdrep Win User
    Samsung 860 EVO MZ-76E1T0B ssd not recognized

Just set up my system, Samsung 860 EVO MZ-76E1T0B ssd not recognized ... help

Willdrep, Feb 26, 2020
  4. Josh_922 Win User

Can you give me any advice on how to Install Windows 10 best on a Samsung 860 EVO SSD in my...

Win10 clean install on Samsung SSD 850 EVO

BLUF: SSD is not listed ubder "Where do you want to install Windows?"

Steps Complete:

1. I've create a Win10 bootable install usb.

2. I connect the new Samsung SSD 850 EVO via SATA.

3. I reboot PC and verify SSD is seen by the motherboard/BIOS

4. Begin Win10 install via usb.

5. Get to "Where do you want to install Windows?" and the SSD is not listed

Problems:

1. Samsung does not offer a driver for the 850 on their website

2. Cannot locate driver elsewhere

Unsuccessful Mitigations Steps Attempt:

A. Format & partition SSD via Windows Disk Management, then retried steps 1-5 above....same result

B. Clone existing HHD onto SSD via "Image for Windows" by TeraByte, then verified SSD contents via Windows Explorer....similar result

Can you please offer some advice on locating a driver for a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB drive? Or an alternative method?

Thank you

Josh_922, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Can you give me any advice on how to Install Windows 10 best on a Samsung 860 EVO SSD in my... - Similar Threads - advice Install best

2. Samsung 860 Evo 500GB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Samsung 860 Evo 500GB: Reading Files Very slow and now showing images video etc not even let me copy paste some where i have to restart my system to copy data after every few minutes tried windows reinstall changed cables connectors everything. Currently on windows 11...
  3. Samsung 860 Evo 500GB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samsung 860 Evo 500GB: Reading Files Very slow and now showing images video etc not even let me copy paste some where i have to restart my system to copy data after every few minutes tried windows reinstall changed cables connectors everything. Currently on windows 11...
  4. Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD: I have a brand new HP Windows 10 machine. I'm trying to install a 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD. Disk Management refused to see the brive but it is seen in the BIOS and Device Manager. Any ideas to get it recognized?...
  5. Cannot Install Windows 10 to Second Partition on Samsung 860 EVO SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Install Windows 10 to Second Partition on Samsung 860 EVO SSD: OK, I've put this off long enough. This new system (HP Pavilion 590-p0044) was based on spinners, and what with all of HPs bloatware, etc., the machine wasn't fast enough. So, I added some RAM (no problems there) and a Samsung 860 EVO SSD SATA 6GB/s. And that's when the...
  6. Installing a New SSD drive ( Samsung 860 evo)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing a New SSD drive ( Samsung 860 evo): Hi there , I am trying to installing a new SSD (2.5 inch , 7mm height) that I brought for my old Laptop . The Laptop has a HDD whose height is 9.5 mm but my SSD is 7mm ….. * My laptop Specs are :: Processor - Intel core i5 2410M 2.30Ghz 2 core 4 thread RAM - 12gb...
  7. Can't install windows 10 on my SSD samsung evo 860 - 250GB

Can't install windows 10 on my SSD samsung evo 860 - 250GB: Hello, I have the same problem - I can't install windows 10 on my SSD (samsung 860 evo 250GB). I've tried so many things now to get it working, but after use the media creation tool (which works fine) - when it restarts it either goes directly to my BIOS or blue screen with...
  8. Samsung Evo 860 SSD booting intermitently

Samsung Evo 860 SSD booting intermitently: Hello all, I have found a couple of threads here and saw others having the same issue, but didn't see how they resolved the problem. My new SSD boots 50% of the time, when it doesn't I press the reset button to get it to boot up. Runs great once booted. Initially I cloned...
  9. Samsung SSD 860 EVO randomly freezing on Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Samsung SSD 860 EVO randomly freezing on Win 10: hello fellas, I'm in desperate need of some advice from experts :P Google and some other forums can't help me with my problem, i've looked everywhere and its the 2nd time this problem exists. my problem: I have a SSD built into my computer, where win10 and some programms...
  10. samsung ssd evo 860 250 gb

samsung ssd evo 860 250 gb: I am receiving this for Christmas, I have watched several youtube videos, I will be downloading the migration tool today, my computer was built by small computer store 6 years ago, it runs without problems, I will be cloning the ssd from the mechanical drive, all stats are...