Windows 10: Can you ground yourself on a second level house?

Discus and support Can you ground yourself on a second level house? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey, not sure if this is the place for pc building advice. I was just wondering if you can ground yourself to prevent static buildup and your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MallardDuck2, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Can you ground yourself on a second level house?

Hey, not sure if this is the place for pc building advice.

I was just wondering if you can ground yourself to prevent static buildup and your protection to parts on a second level/two story building.

I will be building on a tile floor but a few meters away from a wall outlet, and this is all on the second floor of my home.

Apologies for the dumb question and thankyou!

:)

MallardDuck2, Mar 7, 2019
  2. Jetster Win User

how to ground myself in a REALLY static heavy enviroment?

Get a strap but realize it needs to go to a natural ground. ie faucet or pipe. Or make one.

Some will tell you to plug the unit on and just ground to the case but that is not my suggestion. Never work on something that is plugged in

I agree with ^ if your house is wired correctly the screw on the outlet should be grounded

Jetster, Mar 7, 2019
  3. Ozone Gaming Presents The New Ground Level Pro Series

The Ground Level Pro series with reinforced edges becomes the perfect mat series for any Gamer regardless of its location or play style. The new mousepad series features anti-fray stitched edges, increasing their strength and durability. Adding an antislip rubber base and a smooth heat-treated surface we get a flawless performance regardless the game you play.

Cutting edge design
    Ground Level Pro Series comes in 2 different mousepad, with the same specifications but different sizes.

Can you ground yourself on a second level house? ll8MYNQAVBFbNTyZ_thm.jpg

Can you ground yourself on a second level house? oNjg3hoxhn1UOSSq_thm.jpg

Can you ground yourself on a second level house? TzT1EaNVt3YMSSlp_thm.jpg

Can you ground yourself on a second level house? TVhXDT7AcadXp6zn_thm.jpg

Two different sizes
    "We decided to release this mat in two different sizes with the idea that competitive players could always feel that they're playing with the same mat regardless where they are or the space they have for their setup," said Carolina Bordés, Marketing Manager.

Can you ground yourself on a second level house? DxXtgGlfmV6VDXDB_thm.jpg

Can you ground yourself on a second level house? Ygaj6FWYgxWQxvcY_thm.jpg

Can you ground yourself on a second level house? FqUSruhlDLpfZAmv_thm.jpg

Can you ground yourself on a second level house? wjkd1S6UBeWhTtWc_thm.jpg

Tech Specs:
    • Heat-treated surface
    • Anti-slip rubber base
    • Anti-fray stitched edges
    • Ground Level Pro Dimensions: 450x400x4mm
    • Ground Level Pro S Dimensions: 320x270x2mm
    Ground Level Pro series will be available from 20th February.

Can you ground yourself on a second level house? S1dT87hJg5DtPeTF_thm.jpg

Ground Level Pro MSRP: 14.90 €
    Ground Level Pro S MSRP: 9.90 €

Raevenlord, Mar 7, 2019
  4. Can you ground yourself on a second level house?

My pc is electrocuting me/giving asus anti-surge alert randomly

Unfortunetally the case remains the same. None of those are grounded. There are no grounding rods besides the houses nor the electricity box has a grounding line coming like in US you do. Only after stepping in EU, new houses and projects use proper safety regulations and everything is fine.

For older type houses problem will remain and such mods to the pipes are not recommended the outcome may be unpredictable and cause damage.

Ferrum Master, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

Can you ground yourself on a second level house?

1. Can you ground yourself on a second level house? - Similar Threads - ground yourself second

2. Go **** yourself Microsoft!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Go **** yourself Microsoft!: Go **** yourself Microsoft! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/go-yourself-microsoft/b7b90804-8716-496b-a1f2-462b46d5586a
  3. Go **** yourself Microsoft!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Go **** yourself Microsoft!: Go **** yourself Microsoft! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/go-yourself-microsoft/b7b90804-8716-496b-a1f2-462b46d5586a
  4. When will someone burn you to the ground.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will someone burn you to the ground.: Hi,A question for Microsoft and anyone who sees this message, which no one will other than Microsoft as they censor everything.BUT:WHEN will someone unplug you and burn you to the ground Microsoft?.WHEN will you stop wrecking computers with every single windows update?WHEN...
  5. When will someone burn you to the ground.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When will someone burn you to the ground.: Hi,A question for Microsoft and anyone who sees this message, which no one will other than Microsoft as they censor everything.BUT:WHEN will someone unplug you and burn you to the ground Microsoft?.WHEN will you stop wrecking computers with every single windows update?WHEN...
  6. When will someone burn you to the ground.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. back ground

in Windows 10 Customization
    back ground: Background turned black , don't know why or how to get back to original. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-ground/ffa8846b-b0dc-4286-a9f7-ecc3bae88e27
  8. I can only click on the back ground

I can only click on the back ground: help, on my laptop, i am I lying able to click on the backdoor, pls look at this https://photos.app.goo.gl/NQZ5hjtF2biQ696d9 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-only-click-on-the-back-ground/921fef3b-94c9-44d6-ad47-833cd813f766
  9. Can you get a permanent second desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you get a permanent second desktop: Like the title says, I want to know if you can have a permanent second desktop, like you can delete icons on desktop 2, but they still stay on desktop 1 and vice versa. I know that you can have multiple desktops with different programs open, but you can't have different...
  10. back ground

back ground: can you take a picture from a email and use for back ground https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-ground/841ad53a-c230-4f09-8981-ecc67c15cf64