Windows 10: can you have Live Tiles on Desktop and can it be disabled in start?

Discus and support can you have Live Tiles on Desktop and can it be disabled in start? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Any way at all to have live tiles be on the desktop instead of in start menu? I don't undertand why MS tucked the live tiles into start menu? If they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wildpig1234, Aug 31, 2015.

1. can you have Live Tiles on Desktop and can it be disabled in start?

Any way at all to have live tiles be on the desktop instead of in start menu? I don't undertand why MS tucked the live tiles into start menu? If they are afraid that it would interfere with desktop icons, then they should make live tiles be dockable or make it so that a live tile and desktop icon cannot occupy the same space on the desktop. Terrible idea to tuck live tiles into start menu!! The whole idea of live tiles is so you can see it live!!! Is it just me alone on this?

Also, is there anyway to completely take live tiles away from start menu?

:)

wildpig1234, Aug 31, 2015

2. How do you pin active tiles to the desktop in Windows10?

I too would like to be able to pin a live tile to my desktop. For example, I have a Bitcoin live tile that displays the latest bitcoin price. Which is great, but I can only see it when I bring up the Start menu! I want that tile on my desktop, always
    showing the latest price. And there are many others that many people would like, like weather, news, stock market prices and so on. I can have a live tile on my tablet desktop. Why not on my traditional PC desktop?

FlintIronstag, Aug 31, 2015
  3. Lord Baal Win User
    Windows 10 live tiles

I know you can drag tile to the desktop.

But I want them to be live.

Like when I click on the start menu, it shows me the weather in the live tile.

If I go and drag and drop that app to the desktop, it's not live.

I also want to be able to resize the tiles on the desktop. Not in the view when you right click it. Every tile should be independently resized without effecting the other icons.

Lord Baal, Aug 31, 2015
  4. can you have Live Tiles on Desktop and can it be disabled in start?

Ok I figured out how to take out all the live tiles in start menu but uncheck and undock each one and then resize the start menu to take out all the space left that used to be occupied by the tiles.

But still haven't figure out how to get the tiles onto the desktop.

wildpig1234, Aug 31, 2015
Thema:

can you have Live Tiles on Desktop and can it be disabled in start?

1. can you have Live Tiles on Desktop and can it be disabled in start? - Similar Threads - Live Tiles Desktop

2. Live Tiles can be re-enabled in Windows 11 if you really love them

in Windows 10 News
    Live Tiles can be re-enabled in Windows 11 if you really love them: Like Windows 8, Windows 10 has been filled with Live Tiles since its launch in 2015. By default, dozens of tiles or squares in the Start Menu are updated with the latest information, news or weather. Start Menu live tiles first appeared in the Windows Phone 7 OS and were...
  3. Start menu live tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu live tiles: My live tiles stopped working but they seem to work in another user account. How do I fix it? I already deleted that registry entry named like NoTileNotifications and checked group policy :( submitted by /u/Petrenkov [link] [comments]...
  4. can you only have the taskbar in the foreground when you are on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    can you only have the taskbar in the foreground when you are on the desktop?: Hey have a question and you can only have the taskbar in the foreground when you are on the desktop? and when you are in the browser is no longer in the foreground because I have my taskbar transparent, it looks a little stupid from http9://prntc/tg658 i want to have the...
  5. Desktop / Live tiles

Desktop / Live tiles: Hi, my point is whether there will ever be a possibility to place Live Tiles on the desktop so that they stay there permanently in the same way as normal desktop icons (displaying their interactive content - a bit like windows 7 gadgets did) coz to me it would make much more...
  6. Live Tiles

Live Tiles: Sine the October update my live tiles have disappeared and the only ones present are the Windows default tiles. When I add my tiles and remove the ones I don't need and restart the default tiles return and mine disappear again. Also cannot connect to Microsoft store to try...
  7. Can you change the Individual Colour of live Tiles?

Can you change the Individual Colour of live Tiles?: Can you change the Individual Colour of live Tiles, even if only the ones you have made yourself. As it would be far easier to be able to spot the ones that you want to use for different things. If so how? 18667
  8. Unwanted live tiles on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted live tiles on desktop: I am an IT volunteer at a day centre and am working with a gentleman who has live tiles on the desktop which are unwanted. I can't seem to find the control panel if that is the way to rectify the problem. Does anyone know how to restore the desktop icons please? Many...
  9. Enable or Disable Live Tiles on Start in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Live Tiles on Start in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Live Tiles on Start in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Live Tile Notifications on Start in Windows 10 [img] Information A tile is an app’s representation on the Start menu in Windows 10, and can be either static or live. A static tile...
  10. How do you create a live Tile

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you create a live Tile: Is it possible to create a live tile and if so how do you do it. It would be very useful to me for going to various Forums for which I contribute. 18506