Windows 10: Can you help figure out why my laptop keeps shutting down? Running Windows 10

Discus and support Can you help figure out why my laptop keeps shutting down? Running Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've had an issue with my laptop for a few weeks now where my laptop will shut down unexpectedly when off battery power. As I use my laptop for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by zhanenaomi, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Can you help figure out why my laptop keeps shutting down? Running Windows 10

I've had an issue with my laptop for a few weeks now where my laptop will shut down unexpectedly when off battery power. As I use my laptop for university, this is a very inconvenient occurrence. On recommendations from HP I have updated the BIOS on my laptop, performed a diagnostic test which said my battery was in working order. Have sent my laptop in for a healthcheck which recommended I update my OS to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1, which I have done.

I have checked the Event Viewer for the last unexpected shut down which displayed the message "The Windows Management Instrumentation service has detected an inconsistent shut down":

Log Name: Application
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-WMI
    Date: 09/09/2018 20:19:07
    Event ID: 5611
    Task Category: None
    Level: Information
    Keywords:
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: ZhaneNaomi
    Description:
    The Windows Management Instrumentation service has detected an inconsistent system shutdown.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WMI" Guid="{1EDEEE53-0AFE-4609-B846-D8C0B2075B1F}" />
    <EventID>5611</EventID>
    <Version>2</Version>
    <Level>4</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-09-09T19:19:07.382592500Z" />
    <EventRecordID>417</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="3296" ThreadID="3548" />
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>ZhaneNaomi</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

Could you please help suggest a solution as I need my laptop for uni in two weeks!!

:)

zhanenaomi, Sep 9, 2018
  2. Louie Del Win User

My laptop keeps shutting down after 30sec

Hi Andie,

To help us figure out what can cause your laptop to shut down after 30 seconds and the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we’d like to clarify the following:

• Have you made any recent updates on your device?
    • When you said “to bring up Microsoft desk”, are you pertaining to your Microsoft account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Louie Del, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Laptop running Windows 10 keeps freezing

Hi,

Since you already tried several troubleshooting steps, such us running a hardware diagnostic test on all hardware components, checked the system files, updated all drivers, and as well the BIOS, then this is perhaps an issue with the laptop itself. Now,
    to isolate what is causing performance issues on your laptop, we suggest that you perform a factory reset, then check if it's the same. To perform the suggest step, please refer to this article:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

If the issue persists after performing the suggested step, contact the laptop manufacturer to have it replaced.

Let us know the outcome.

Marque Lor, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Can you help figure out why my laptop keeps shutting down? Running Windows 10

Cannot shut down laptop after installing Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Which anti-virus program are you using?
    • Which Windows 10 version are you using?

For now, I suggest you to shut down the computer using command and check if you are able to shut down.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt (Admin).

• Type shutdown /s and press Enter.
    Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display adapter driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display adapter driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display adapter driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. If the display driver is not available for Windows 10, try installing the available driver in compatibility mode and check.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

Can you help figure out why my laptop keeps shutting down? Running Windows 10

1. Can you help figure out why my laptop keeps shutting down? Running Windows 10 - Similar Threads - help figure why

2. regular shut downs... can someone please help me figure out what is wrong?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    regular shut downs... can someone please help me figure out what is wrong?: Win 10 pro 22H2AMD 4750G memory dump trying to attach but not sure how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regular-shut-downs-can-someone-please-help-me/458a40e4-faaf-438f-92f1-85f5cd68ede9
  3. regular shut downs... can someone please help me figure out what is wrong?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    regular shut downs... can someone please help me figure out what is wrong?: Win 10 pro 22H2AMD 4750G memory dump trying to attach but not sure how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regular-shut-downs-can-someone-please-help-me/458a40e4-faaf-438f-92f1-85f5cd68ede9
  4. regular shut downs... can someone please help me figure out what is wrong?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can yall help me find out why my pc shuts down?

Can yall help me find out why my pc shuts down?: I know its not a power issue cause i recently bought a new power supply, and its not a temp issue cause it will shut off at average temperature. Any ideas?...
  6. Can yall help me find out why my pc shuts down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can yall help me find out why my pc shuts down?: I know its not a power issue cause i recently bought a new power supply, and its not a temp issue cause it will shut off at average temperature. Any ideas?...
  7. Can someone help me figure out why my laptop is running slow?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone help me figure out why my laptop is running slow?: I will start off by saying that my LaptopAlienware M17 was running perfectly fine over a week ago.Recently my PC started running incredibly slow. I'll go to open my file explorer and I'll be waiting over a minute for it to open. I go to launch a game off steam it'll take 2 or...
  8. Can someone help me figure out why my laptop is running slow?

Can someone help me figure out why my laptop is running slow?: I will start off by saying that my LaptopAlienware M17 was running perfectly fine over a week ago.Recently my PC started running incredibly slow. I'll go to open my file explorer and I'll be waiting over a minute for it to open. I go to launch a game off steam it'll take 2 or...
  9. Need help figuring out why Windows keep crashing

Need help figuring out why Windows keep crashing: I will try to provide any information needed. Here is the link to my MEMORY.DMP:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oBWokugNsg1-W9vxVRKchfUvKc4pFw_O/view?usp=sharing...
  10. Need help figuring out why my computer keeps rebooting

Need help figuring out why my computer keeps rebooting: Support has been of zero assistance. My computer is rebooting multiple times a day. Here is a memory dump. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me what it says is causing it: Link to Memory Dump Remove the .txt extension to access the dump. I have run all...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. guid {1e 53-0afe-4609-b846-d8c0b2075b1f} event id 5611