Windows 10: Can You Help Fix "sfc /scannow" Results showing multiple "Cannot repair member file" Errors

Discus and support Can You Help Fix "sfc /scannow" Results showing multiple "Cannot repair member file" Errors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Some error states "Cannot repair member file [l:16]'comdlg32.dll.mui' of Microsoft-Windows-comdlg32.Resources, version 10.0.18362.1, arch amd64,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kelias2020, May 26, 2020.

1. Can You Help Fix "sfc /scannow" Results showing multiple "Cannot repair member file" Errors

Some error states "Cannot repair member file [l:16]'comdlg32.dll.mui' of Microsoft-Windows-comdlg32.Resources, version 10.0.18362.1, arch amd64, culture [l:5]'pl-PL', nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash mismatch"

Some states "Could not reproject corrupted file \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\pl-PL\\comdlg32.dll.mui; source file in store is also corrupted"

Other similar errors below:

Cannot repair member file [l:33]'api-ms-win-core-fibers-l1-1-0.dll' of Microsoft-Windows-MinKernelApiNamespace-Downlevel, version 10.0.18362.1, arch amd64, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash mismatch

This component was referenced by [l:157]'Microsoft-Windows-Client-Desktop-Required-Package0416~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.18362.267.83B2011040C15E83E1BA62A5600B62A63104996B44BF5A455AC537DB1AE21B43'

This component was referenced by [l:106]'Microsoft-Windows-Common-Foundation-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.18362.1.WindowsFoundationDelivery'

Could not reproject corrupted file \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\downlevel\\api-ms-win-core-fibers-l1-1-0.dll; source file in store is also corrupted

This component was referenced by [l:157]'Microsoft-Windows-Client-Desktop-Required-Package0416~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.18362.267.83B2011040C15E83E1BA62A5600B62A63104996B44BF5A455AC537DB1AE21B43'

:)

kelias2020, May 26, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

sfc /scannow error repair

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate the efforts you have taken in trying to resolve this issue. I have analyzed the error logs that you have shared and I would suggest you follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Type Command Prompt in the
      search bar
      on the Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the Command Prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now, paste the following command and hit Enter:
      DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    4. Once the DISM command is executed, we would suggest you to run sfc /scannow again.

If the integrity violations are not repaired after running sfc scan, the best option will be performing a repair installation. A repair installation will repair all the corrupted files.

Refer the steps mentioned below:

Download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT) and use it to perform a repair installation
    of Windows 10. We have a video that can show you how if you aren’t sure

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 26, 2020
  3. SFC scannow not working but verify only is working

there is no problem in chkdsk I've checked When I select command prompt and sfc scannow from f8 and repair.. it shows that a reboot is required for pending repair and pending renames folder in winsxs is full of files.. what should I do??

ELiTRiGG3R, May 26, 2020
  4. Steve C Win User

Can You Help Fix "sfc /scannow" Results showing multiple "Cannot repair member file" Errors

SFC /SCANNOW Errors After Update

I've just updated a Windows 8.1 Pro PC to Windows 10 using the Techbench ISO which updated without any problems. However, I've just run sfc /scannow and it found errors it could not repair. I have managed to get sfc /scannow to run without errors - see what I did below:

1. Ran sfc /scannow which showed error "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."
    2. Ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth which reported "The component store is repairable."
    3. Ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth which failed with Error: 0x800f081f "The source files could not be found.Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature."
    4. Mounted the W10 Techbench ISO and ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:wim:G:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess which reported successfully "The restore operation completed successfully."
    5. Ran sfc /scannow wich completed successfully with report "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them."

Please advise:
    1. Why would sfc /scannow fail on a newly updated installation which ran sfc /scannow error free immediately before the upgrade?
    2. Why did I have to use install.wim from the Techbench ISO at step 4 above for Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth to work and will I have to use install.wim from the Techbench ISO every time I need to run this Dism command?
    3. How can I configure my PC so it has the correct install.wim file for the Dism command to work properly?

Steve C, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Can You Help Fix "sfc /scannow" Results showing multiple "Cannot repair member file" Errors

1. Can You Help Fix "sfc /scannow" Results showing multiple "Cannot repair member file" Errors - Similar Threads - Help Fix sfc

2. sfc /scannow error repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sfc /scannow error repair: Task bar icons suddenly stopped working (Start, action center, wifi, battery ) as well as ease of access keyboard Online discussions lead me to deliver sfc scannow action would solve it, I got the following list of errors 2019-10-07 01:17:23, Info CSI...
  3. Interpreting sfc /scannow results

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Interpreting sfc /scannow results: My W10 Pro PC is running quite well. I decided to run sfc /scannow and came up with the following results: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at...
  4. Cannot repair member file OneDrive.lnk - sfc scan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot repair member file OneDrive.lnk - sfc scan: I recently encountered the Blue Screen of Death on Windows 10, so I was going through the motions to determine what the cause was. I'm pretty sure it was the result of a recent update to an Apple program, but while running an sfc scan, I noticed a file that couldn't be...
  5. Sfc/scannow error repair

Sfc/scannow error repair: Errors are reported which sfc cannot repair. I found some errors in the CBS.log. How do I tell if these are the (only) errors and how do I repair them? This is something of which I have no knowledge or experience. 2018-11-29 13:26:19, Info CSI 000046ef Error: Overlap:...
  6. sfc/scannow cannot repair

sfc/scannow cannot repair: I'm experiencing an issue with a corrupt file "close.png". It's not causing any issues with my daily activities, that I'm aware of, but while attempting to fix another issue relating to message "updater crashed" I keep running into this file saying unfixable. I've ran...
  7. SFC /Scannow Results

SFC /Scannow Results: Have i problems in my OS? SFC Details.txt 45203
  8. SFC scannow cannot fix corrupt files, Dism?

SFC scannow cannot fix corrupt files, Dism?: Hi guys. I know this may be old news to some of you guys, but posting anyway. So I installed a game which did some net framework installing and after that had a hang. Removed the game, did sfc and found corrupt files. C:\Windows\system32>sfc\scannow The system cannot...
  9. SFC Scannow Results

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC Scannow Results: Has anyone else run "sfc /scannow" on their system? I am receiving integrity errors but they don't seem to logged or I can't find them in the usual place. 3341
  10. SFC /SCANNOW results

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC /SCANNOW results: Finally in this build 10049, I can run SFC /SCANNOW completely. I've extracted just the SR results from cbs.log showing repairs, but one did not fix. Has something to do with powershell. I've rebooted and rerun 3 times, the recommended. Any thoughts? sfcdetails.txt 5130

Users found this page by searching for:

1. epair the sppnp.dll file.

2. Windows 10 update error - Cannot repair member file bfsvc.exe