Windows 10: Can you help me restore my Desktop?

Discus and support Can you help me restore my Desktop? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone! I have done something stupid with my Desktop folder and I’m wondering if you can help me put it to right. My desktop folder was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JN_1967, Jul 18, 2018.

1. JN_1967 Win User

Can you help me restore my Desktop?

Hi everyone!

I have done something stupid with my Desktop folder and I’m wondering if you can help me put it to right.

My desktop folder was located on a drive called E:\, in a subfolder called “users” etc. The usual deal.

Stupidly, I moved it out of this subfolder and onto the root folder, so to speak, of the drive. Since then it seems as though the root folder of E:\ IS my dektop. Everything on drive E:\ appears, as shortcuts, on my dektop, I mean the one I see on my screen. What’s worse, I can’t move the desktop to another location, like onto another drive. I have tried, and it comes up with an error saying something like “files cannot be moved because they’re locked”. If I try to put desktop back where it was, it says something like "parent cannot be moved into a subfolder".

Okay, I know I was stupid but what can I do to fix it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

:)

JN_1967, Jul 18, 2018

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jul 18, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    • Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    • Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    • click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Can you help me restore my Desktop? [​IMG]
    • Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    • Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jul 18, 2018
  4. Can you help me restore my Desktop?

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

Can you help me restore my Desktop?

1. Can you help me restore my Desktop? - Similar Threads - help restore Desktop

2. can you help me

in Windows 10 Customization
    can you help me: I changed my display in bios to UEFI from legacy in hopes to enable secure boot but it never worked, now when I turn my pc off and on my screen is black https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-help-me/078300b5-113d-4fe6-b8aa-611b20f2af5c
  3. can you help me?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can you help me?: on my work computer, because the screen lock pin was entered incorrectly 3 times, it asks to enter A1B2C3, but the keyboard language is Russian and does not change in any way. Please help me....
  4. Can you help me?

Can you help me?: I'm trying to install Virtualbox from Oracle and getting this message. But I'm unsure if you can help me because it is not a Microsoft product. If you can't, then just let me know.Look forward to hearing your response....
  5. Can you help me?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you help me?: I'm trying to install Virtualbox from Oracle and getting this message. But I'm unsure if you can help me because it is not a Microsoft product. If you can't, then just let me know.Look forward to hearing your response....
  6. Can you help me restore my audio?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you help me restore my audio?: Hi,I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling my drivers, and updating them. Nothing has worked. I've run the sfc test and it did say there were some corrupted files, but it also said it corrected or repaired them.I've tested my audio with two different devices and gone through...
  7. Can you help me restore my audio?

Can you help me restore my audio?: Hi,I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling my drivers, and updating them. Nothing has worked. I've run the sfc test and it did say there were some corrupted files, but it also said it corrected or repaired them.I've tested my audio with two different devices and gone through...
  8. can you help me with this?

can you help me with this?: I asked many questions here :https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-t-fix-issues-with-my-graphics-card/2f5e31b2-b780-4497-937b-2bb4055a3984?page=1but nothing worked."display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver AMD driver stopped...
  9. can you help me

in Windows 10 Customization
    can you help me: can you help me figure why my computer not 100 percent it is only 95 percent https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-help-me/87ccddc5-3345-4cd9-9769-57a90e575cee
  10. Can you help me ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you help me ?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/rasquiMT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h8a7x7/can_you_help_me/