Windows 10: Can you install Windows 10 Pro in more than 1 device? I have a digital license connected to...

Discus and support Can you install Windows 10 Pro in more than 1 device? I have a digital license connected to... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Like in the title, I would like to know if you can have Windows 10 Pro in more than one laptop. I have a digital license connected to my Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mónicagarcía, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Can you install Windows 10 Pro in more than 1 device? I have a digital license connected to...

Like in the title, I would like to know if you can have Windows 10 Pro in more than one laptop. I have a digital license connected to my Microsoft Account and recently got a new device. I need to know if I have to either downgrade the Windows in my previous device to be able to install it in my new device or I have to buy a full all new Windows 10 Pro.

:)

mónicagarcía, Sep 25, 2019
  2. vasjokb Win User

Windows 10 Pro Digital License

Hello,

Earlier I had Windows 10 Home installed on my PC which I activated by my digital license key.

Then I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro via Windows Store.

During upgrading I didn't receive digital license key for Windows 10 Pro.

Based on this I have the following question: when I want to perform clean installation of
    Windows 10 Pro on my laptop will I have to install Windows 10 Home firstly (with my digital license) and only then upgrade to
    Windows 10 Pro for free? Or will I be able to install Windows 10 Pro at once and activate it by my digital key of
    Windows 10 Home?

Thank you for advance.

vasjokb, Sep 25, 2019
  3. We found a Windows 10 Pro digital license for this device running Windows 10 Pro. To activate using this digital license you need to install Windows 10 Pro.

Hello and thank you Devlin and Andre Can you install Windows 10 Pro in more than 1 device? I have a digital license connected to... :)

Devlin, the Troubleshooter is what returns the message: "We found a Windows 10 Pro digital license for this device running Windows 10 Pro. To activate using this digital license you need to install Windows 10 Pro."

Doesn't that mean it knows it is Windows 10 Pro? If so, how? And why is it saying it isn't active?!!

Andre, I was able to get the license from your steps Can you install Windows 10 Pro in more than 1 device? I have a digital license connected to... :) However that key did not activate Windows. I called the 800 number (800-642-7676) and they said that key was for the HOME version. I have to assume that PRO was installed when it was refurbished.
    I have had this computer since Sept 2017 and it has worked fine until the update/uninstall update. All they said on the phone was that I could reinstall HOME. (I need the PRO version to remote in to my office). The guy actually hung up on me when I said
    I need PRO!)

This is beyond aggravating because it all started from the MS update that I had to back out. I can't locate a sticker or anything with the Pro license. What else can I do?

I'm Sr. VP of a Software Company and I would never put our customers through this!!! Any help would be appreciated.

Debbie

Debbie-Gutierrez, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Can you install Windows 10 Pro in more than 1 device? I have a digital license connected to...

Circumvent a digital license?

We bought a Dell Inspiron that shipped with Windows 10 Home installed and a digital license. I am trying to get Windows 10 Pro on it so I can join our domain. I've tried entering our legitimate Pro key, and I'm told it isn't valid. Anytime I try a clean install, it, as expected, skips the OS choice and goes right to Home. I have no option to pick.

I'm also struggling to find a Windows 10 Pro (only Pro) .iso.

So, any suggestions on how to get around this? I'd love to wipe the digital license clean, but I believe that's stored on the motherboard.

DeaconFrost, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Can you install Windows 10 Pro in more than 1 device? I have a digital license connected to...

1. Can you install Windows 10 Pro in more than 1 device? I have a digital license connected to... - Similar Threads - install Pro more

2. My question to you is can I have MORE than one 1 HDD docking station device hooked up to my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My question to you is can I have MORE than one 1 HDD docking station device hooked up to my...: I originally had a FIDECO USB 3.0 to SATA Dual Bay External Hard Drive Docking Station which I have 2 8TB hard drives plugged into it. It was previously working until which time I plugged in and installed 4 14TB hard drives in my new Mediasonic PROBOX 4 Bay 3.5” SATA Hard...
  3. My question to you is can I have MORE than one 1 HDD docking station device hooked up to my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My question to you is can I have MORE than one 1 HDD docking station device hooked up to my...: I originally had a FIDECO USB 3.0 to SATA Dual Bay External Hard Drive Docking Station which I have 2 8TB hard drives plugged into it. It was previously working until which time I plugged in and installed 4 14TB hard drives in my new Mediasonic PROBOX 4 Bay 3.5” SATA Hard...
  4. Can I have more than one Windows license linked to 1 email address?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I have more than one Windows license linked to 1 email address?: Is it possible to have more than 1 digital license linked with the same e-mail or microsoft accout?Also how about the product keys 25 characters, can I activate more than 1 license of Windows in different devices and later linked them all with 1 e-mail or microsoft account?...
  5. Can I have more than one Windows license linked to 1 email address?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I have more than one Windows license linked to 1 email address?: Is it possible to have more than 1 digital license linked with the same e-mail or microsoft accout?Also how about the product keys 25 characters, can I activate more than 1 license of Windows in different devices and later linked them all with 1 e-mail or microsoft account?...
  6. Can I have more than one Windows license linked to 1 email address?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Link digital license of 10 pro of more than 50 computers to one Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Link digital license of 10 pro of more than 50 computers to one Microsoft Account: We are starting new office, We have received the new computers with digital license of 10 pro. Is it recommended to link more than 50 computers of digital licenses to one Microsoft account? If yes, 1. In case need to reactivate license because hardware problem, how it will be...
  8. I have a window 10 home single language digital license but pro is installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have a window 10 home single language digital license but pro is installed: My window is not activating [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-window-10-home-single-language-digital/fa5dfc4c-8061-433c-8f51-e09fb829d0a3
  9. I have a digital license for Windows 10 Home, but Windows 10 Pro is installed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have a digital license for Windows 10 Home, but Windows 10 Pro is installed: So last year I built a pc and my friend gave me a USB with windows 10 pro already installed on it but without the activation key so I had an unofficial version of Windows. Today I decided to buy windows 10 home and i got my 25 digit key and i tried to activate it but it keeps...
  10. Connect more than 1 pc with RDP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect more than 1 pc with RDP: Connect more than 1 pc with RDP, I can connect just one. any people help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/connect-more-than-1-pc-with-rdp/e3dcc8f5-a263-4d20-bef9-21d94eedf4ab