Windows 10: Can you keep bluetooth on when a laptop is asleep?

Discus and support Can you keep bluetooth on when a laptop is asleep? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I upgraded to the logitech mx keys, I am quite happy and I much prefer the bluetooth option over the usb receiver. One challenge I have had however is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/makhay, Apr 9, 2020.

1. /u/makhay Win User

Can you keep bluetooth on when a laptop is asleep?

I upgraded to the logitech mx keys, I am quite happy and I much prefer the bluetooth option over the usb receiver. One challenge I have had however is that I cannot wake the computer via the keyboard anymore as bluetooth turns off when the computer is asleep. Is there a way to keep bluetooth on during sleep?

I would simply push the power button on the computer, but in this case its a laptop and I would have to open the lid to access the power button.

submitted by /u/makhay
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/makhay, Apr 9, 2020
  2. Rose Ter Win User

How to disable keyboard when laptop is asleep?

Hi,

In order for us to assist you regarding the issue on disabling your keyboard when your laptop is asleep. Kindly follow these steps:

• Open an elevated command prompt.
    • Type in the command below and press
      Enter
    powercfg -devicedisablewake "exact name of your keyboard"

For example, “Logitech HID-Compliant Keyboard”

• When finished, close the elevated command prompt.

Let us know how it goes.

Rose Ter, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Bluetooth not working on ASUS laptop

Hello,

There are several factors that may cause this issue. To better assist you, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried disabling and enabling the Bluetooth using the Control Panel? (Not turning off and on)
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Bluetooth troubleshooter by:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth > Run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Apr 9, 2020
  4. Can you keep bluetooth on when a laptop is asleep?

Fault trying to share photos from phone to laptop via Bluetooth

While waiting for replies I solved this - in Windows 10 by the following steps where -> means click/select.
    1. Start -> Settings-> Devices -> Bluetooth.
    2. At this point ensure Bluetooth is on and device you wish to make the transfer from is listed and paired.
    3. At the bottom of the same page under Related Settings -> Send or receive files via Bluetooth -> Receive files.
    4. The Waiting for connection page appears stay on this page and initiate the transfer from your device.
    5. The file is being received window appears with a progress bar when this is complete you will be asked where to save the file and Finish
    It appears these steps have to be performed for each individual file transferred therefore I've pinned the Settings window with Bluetooth selected to the task bar.

SlainteMhath, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Can you keep bluetooth on when a laptop is asleep?

1. Can you keep bluetooth on when a laptop is asleep? - Similar Threads - keep bluetooth laptop

2. Laptop crashes on boot and when asleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashes on boot and when asleep: I have been encountering a few issues with my laptop for quite some time. The first issue has been going on for longer than the second, so I am not sure if they are related. I did change the Sodimm ram from 8GB to 32GB about 8 months ago, but I changed it back last month to...
  3. Laptop crashes on boot and when asleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop crashes on boot and when asleep: I have been encountering a few issues with my laptop for quite some time. The first issue has been going on for longer than the second, so I am not sure if they are related. I did change the Sodimm ram from 8GB to 32GB about 8 months ago, but I changed it back last month to...
  4. Windows 11 Laptop Fan Doesn't Stop When Asleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Laptop Fan Doesn't Stop When Asleep.: I bought an Asus Vivobook 15 Ryzen 7 5800h with 16gb RAM. After simply browsing the internet for about 30 minutes and then putting the laptop to sleep, the fans continue to spin and the laptop doesn't cool down. I brought it into the store that I bought it and the technician...
  5. Windows 11 Laptop Fan Doesn't Stop When Asleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Laptop Fan Doesn't Stop When Asleep.: I bought an Asus Vivobook 15 Ryzen 7 5800h with 16gb RAM. After simply browsing the internet for about 30 minutes and then putting the laptop to sleep, the fans continue to spin and the laptop doesn't cool down. I brought it into the store that I bought it and the technician...
  6. Bluetooth Keeps "Falling Asleep" Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Keeps "Falling Asleep" Windows 10 PC: Just this week, my Bluetooth has started turning off after I leave my computer idle for a while. The Bluetooth icon disappears from the Notification Center, and all the Bluetooth devices disappear from the Device Manager except for the Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter,...
  7. Windows 10 Crashing when Asleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Crashing when Asleep: I recently purchased a Surface Laptop 3, and I have had problems with Windows 10 crashing when the system is asleep. Occasionally, when I try to turn the device back on from sleep mode, it does not respond and I need to do a hard reset by holding the power button to get it...
  8. Laptop is connecting to bluetooth amp & speakers when it's 'asleep'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop is connecting to bluetooth amp & speakers when it's 'asleep': My laptop keeps using wifi and bluetooth when I've set it to sleep by closing the lid on it. This drains my battery when I come to use it the next day. Any solutions?...
  9. How do I keep my laptop from disconnecting from WiFi when asleep?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I keep my laptop from disconnecting from WiFi when asleep?: Hey all, I'm having some issues with my laptop disconnecting from WiFi when the computer is asleep. Obviously, this prevents me from running large downloads or anything else because if I leave the computer for a few minutes or close the lid, it will go into sleep mode and...
  10. Is it bad to not shut down your laptop and only keep it asleep when traveling?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is it bad to not shut down your laptop and only keep it asleep when traveling?: I heard that it is not good for a laptop to be on while it is being transported. However, I don't know how much truth there is to this claim. Is it actually bad to only put a laptop to sleep when traveling?...