Windows 10: Can you kill every unnecessary process to allocate most/all memory to one app?

Discus and support Can you kill every unnecessary process to allocate most/all memory to one app? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Can someone send me a batch/vbs/exe file that kills everything unnecessary? (Not the antivirus stuff like whatever does Ctrl+Alt+Del, Antimalware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AeonCaptain, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Can you kill every unnecessary process to allocate most/all memory to one app?

Can someone send me a batch/vbs/exe file that kills everything unnecessary? (Not the antivirus stuff like whatever does Ctrl+Alt+Del, Antimalware Service Executable and unkillable/important processes such as Application Frame Host and System.) I need to be able to shutdown and use Ctrl+Alt+Del so I can open task manager and start explorer again. My pc still needs to be usable. (I'm running yuzu on an i5, and odyssey is going 15 fps.)

submitted by /u/AeonCaptain
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AeonCaptain, Oct 29, 2019
  2. borgus Win User

Auto-kill a process

Appreciate the suggestion. I use a .bat file here to do essentially what you describe, but my aim is to automate the process - no user intervention. A specified process opens; it spots and kills it. Closest that I have seen is an app that claims to do this on a schedule.

borgus, Oct 29, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Auto-kill a process

As I said, a trivial Autohotkey script - a permanent loop
    loop {
    If process exists - kill it
    sleep n
    }

(very roughly)

dalchina, Oct 29, 2019
  4. RejZoR Win User

Can you kill every unnecessary process to allocate most/all memory to one app?

Solution: Kill processes when getting out of memory!

I've never killed a single process and i'm still using WinXP on my netbook. Killing apps is a thing of the past from the Win9x era.

RejZoR, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Can you kill every unnecessary process to allocate most/all memory to one app?

1. Can you kill every unnecessary process to allocate most/all memory to one app? - Similar Threads - kill every unnecessary

2. Windows memory allocation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows memory allocation: I have dell inspiron 15 , Ryzen 5 7000 series laptop. I am using windows 11.after installed Ubuntu 22.04, the memory allocation got reduced to 2GB usable out 8GB for Windows 11 .Kindly assist. As the windows 11 is getting many crashing errors and got the system slower....
  3. Windows memory allocation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows memory allocation: I have dell inspiron 15 , Ryzen 5 7000 series laptop. I am using windows 11.after installed Ubuntu 22.04, the memory allocation got reduced to 2GB usable out 8GB for Windows 11 .Kindly assist. As the windows 11 is getting many crashing errors and got the system slower....
  4. Batch kill all processes with the same name

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch kill all processes with the same name: I tried the apps on this site but it doesn't work as it says. For instance, I have 50 Chrome.exe processes. I don't want to tick them 1 by 1 to kill it. As long as it's named Chrome.exe, I want to kill them all. How can I do it in 1 swop? 6 Ways to Kill Multiple Windows...
  5. the process has terminated because it could not allocate additional memory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    the process has terminated because it could not allocate additional memory: I put my laptop sleep yesterday and this morning it showed thisHELP!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-process-has-terminated-because-it-could-not/3125c483-45f4-4e42-af58-19ba9630cf48
  6. Windows kills every process

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows kills every process: Windows kills 90% of my applications on startup i can watch it happen in task manager.Stuff like chrome and discord work ok while a miriad of programs like notepad, Photoshop, edge, and my games will not open... Even system restore stops after 2 seconds.Idk what to do as...
  7. Crash apps 'the process has terminated because it could not allocate additional memory" an...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Crash apps 'the process has terminated because it could not allocate additional memory" an...: How to fix this cause after i delete my large file games and there still 290 gb in my space some of my application keeps on crashing and while i'm install some games it says an error occured while unpacking how to fix this??...
  8. How to end all unnecessary background processes at once?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to end all unnecessary background processes at once?: I work with a crappy laptop for gaming and ive been able optimize to make games run well on it on it with low settings, but it is really easy to slow down if a process starts eating up a bit too much memory. I then realized that about half of the memory being eaten up is...
  9. how can reduce unnecessary background process and other window process in background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how can reduce unnecessary background process and other window process in background: [ATTACH]i have more than 100 processes pls help [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-reduce-unnecessary-background-process-and/596847e8-09e7-41de-895e-896a36b96dc4
  10. Easiest way to close all unnecessary processes before benchmarking?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Easiest way to close all unnecessary processes before benchmarking?: I would like to benchmark my hardware to check it's functioning the way expected but to do that properly I need to close down unnecessary processes. How do I close every program or process that won't affect the benchmark (maybe this is a stupid thing to say but I don't want...