Windows 10: Can you make an installation partition in the boot partition

Discus and support Can you make an installation partition in the boot partition in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys I would like to know if there should be any problems with extending the boot partition (the first little 500 Mb) to f.x. 5.Gb and then make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sihm, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Sihm Win User

Can you make an installation partition in the boot partition

Hi guys

I would like to know if there should be any problems with extending the boot partition (the first little 500 Mb) to f.x. 5.Gb and then make this partition into a recovery partition eventually with some other tools like LSoft Active@ bootdisk etc.

I am using the EasyBCD as my bootloader tool.

Carsten

:)

2. Newest update bricked my Dell laptop

There may not be anything wiped out or missing from the Windows partition. But the install USB will let you boot to see if everything can be fixed or not. The System partition is separate from the Windows/Boot partition, which makes it possible to fix without
    losing Windows, Apps and data.

Don Cuthbert, Apr 28, 2016
  3. DualBooting Gentoo Linux with Windows 10

GPT partitioning scheme is suitable for disks that are 2 TBs or larger in size.

All you need to do is boot from the Windows 10 install media, then select the unallocated partition during setup.

This will likely make your Linux partitions inaccessible.

You can download the free EasyBCD which you can use to add Gentoo Linux to the Windows 10 boot manager.

Andre Da Costa, Apr 28, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

As long as it is legacy booting and MBR, you shouldn't have any problems at all:

Can you make an installation partition in the boot partition [​IMG]

Can you make an installation partition in the boot partition [​IMG]

That's my system I'm posting on right now.

NavyLCDR, Apr 28, 2016
  5. Sihm Win User
    Thanks for your fast reply.

Looks cool *Cool

I tried to have my recovery partition in the end of my HD, but when I installed different numbers of OS'es my bootloader was f.... up.

I would like to have a recovery/installation partition with. f.x. Windows 7, Windows 10 and other installation ISO's. And of course all my bootable tools like LSoft Active@ Bootdisk, EaseUS Partition Master, Norton Antivirus etc.

Carsten*Nerd

6. NavyLCDR New Member
    The only way I have found to do the same thing on a UEFI system is to have a separate partition for each item that you want to boot into and use the bios selection menu to choose what to boot into. Of course that isn't a real problem because a GPT disk can have more than 4 partitions.

NavyLCDR, Apr 28, 2016
  7. Sihm Win User
    Thanks for your fast reply.

Looks cool *Cool

I tried to have my recovery partition in the end of my HD, but when I installed different numbers of OS'es my bootloader was f.... up.

I would like to have a recovery/installation partition with. f.x. Windows 7, Windows 10 and other installation ISO's. And of course all my bootable tools like LSoft Active@ Bootdisk, EaseUS Partition Master, Norton Antivirus etc.

Carsten*Nerd

8. Sihm Win User

Hmm - totally new user in this forum
    ... and with this thread-system *Redface

I am either so familiar with UEFI, and legacy booting etc.

I have an old Lenovo T400 I am using when I am testing different software - and installations. I don't know it has UEFI booting.

Carsten

Sihm, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can you make an installation partition in the boot partition - Similar Threads - installation partition boot

2. how to make partition 4 a recovery partition?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to make partition 4 a recovery partition?: I have a problem with a windows update KB5028997so I have searched it an follow the introduction from the...
  3. Make a USB menu to select which partition you want to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make a USB menu to select which partition you want to boot: I have a USB external drive with 6 partitions I made.It's GPT layout, and each partition has something to boot.Example:Partition 1 has Macrium ReflectPartition 2 Has Acronis True ImagePartition 3 has WIndows 11 RescueetcWhen on my HP and hit esc then F9 what shows...
  4. Make a USB menu to select which partition you want to boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Make a USB menu to select which partition you want to boot: I have a USB external drive with 6 partitions I made.It's GPT layout, and each partition has something to boot.Example:Partition 1 has Macrium ReflectPartition 2 Has Acronis True ImagePartition 3 has WIndows 11 RescueetcWhen on my HP and hit esc then F9 what shows...
  5. boot partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    boot partition: Virtual Disk Service error: Clean is not allowed on the disk containing the current boot, system, pagefile, crashdump or hibernation volume.I am getting this error in my diskpart while cleaning my second ssd which doesnt have windows. I want to shift this current boot system,...
  6. boot partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    boot partition: Virtual Disk Service error: Clean is not allowed on the disk containing the current boot, system, pagefile, crashdump or hibernation volume.I am getting this error in my diskpart while cleaning my second ssd which doesnt have windows. I want to shift this current boot system,...
  7. Making boot media from partition

Making boot media from partition: I have an HP laptop that has had some problems for about a year. I tried reinstalling windows by refreshing, but the installation failed and I still have the same problem (corrupted recycle bin). I've tried using both the save files and don't save files options but the result...
  8. Boot partition deleted can i save the installation?

Boot partition deleted can i save the installation?: Hello I have bought a new ssd, because the old one was crashing badly When installing windows on the new drive the installation put the boot sector in the old drive I didnt realize this for weeks and then i finally decided to delete the partitions on the old drive and bin it...
  9. Problem making partitions.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem making partitions.: Need to make a ext4 logical partition but it is allowing only primary: [img] Please help 31159
  10. Making a Recovery Partition?

Making a Recovery Partition?: Recovery Partition... The thread above reminded me... My laptop has a partition with Windows 7 on it for recovery purposes. It was a long time ago, but I think I created it from an ISO. I can't even remember how it should be used! Is it possible to create the same in...