Windows 10: can you move the app icon list on the desktop to the right side of the screen

Discus and support can you move the app icon list on the desktop to the right side of the screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; the icons are on the left side of the desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoTrammel, Nov 23, 2019.

1. JoTrammel Win User

can you move the app icon list on the desktop to the right side of the screen

the icons are on the left side of the desktop

:)

JoTrammel, Nov 23, 2019

2. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Nov 23, 2019
  3. desktop icons

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please try below steps and check if it helps to stop rearranging desktop icon automatically.

• Right click on
            desktop, click on View.

• Uncheck Auto arrange icons.

Hope this helps. If issue persists, please reply with information for further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Vardhaman Shetti, Nov 23, 2019
  4. Darshan J Win User

icon screen

Hi Richard,

To help you better provide us with the information below.

• Which build is currently running on your computer?
    • Did you make any recent software changes on your computer?

As an initial step I would suggest you Right click on Desktop Window> View > Check Shows desktop icons, check if the desktop icons are back on desktop.

Check if the Icons or files are available in the My Documents>Desktop folder, check if icons are visible in the folder.

Get back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance.

Darshan J, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

1. can you move the app icon list on the desktop to the right side of the screen - Similar Threads - move app icon

2. can I move the sidebar to the right hand side?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can I move the sidebar to the right hand side?: can I move the sidebar to the right hand side?this is the sidebar, not the taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-move-the-sidebar-to-the-right-hand-side/bb917777-6e5d-40c6-88a5-3bc31514c82e
  3. Space between screen and icons on the right side

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Space between screen and icons on the right side: I've been looking for quite some time, but I can't find anything. I would like to know why the space between the edge of the screen and the icons on the desktop is different on both sides, and how to keep one fixed. I am very picky about this kind of issues and I don't like...
  4. Space between screen and icons on the right side

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Space between screen and icons on the right side: I've been looking for quite some time, but I can't find anything. I would like to know why the space between the edge of the screen and the icons on the desktop is different on both sides, and how to keep one fixed. I am very picky about this kind of issues and I don't like...
  5. Can you move icons into different virtual desktops ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can you move icons into different virtual desktops ?: I know you can run apps in different virtual desktops, but is there a way to split icons between different desktops ? I would like to use a different desktop for working on a particular project and move the icons for the apps used into that desktop. Thanks Jack Win10 183680
  6. How can i move system tray icons to left side of taskbar and app icons to right side of the...

How can i move system tray icons to left side of taskbar and app icons to right side of the...: How can I flip the taskbar like this shown in the image? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-move-system-tray-icons-to-left-side-of/9d657933-546a-46a6-91e9-955b1e73600c
  7. Icons moving from right side of desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons moving from right side of desktop: [ATTACH] Hi, maybe someone had the same issue as me. Since Windows XP I always had my trash on the right bottom corner of the destkop. And everytime I move some icon to the right side, after restart it moves to the left (as you can see in the picture, my trash is moved...
  8. How can I move the favorites sidebar from the right side of the screen to left side?

How can I move the favorites sidebar from the right side of the screen to left side?: How can I move the favorites sidebar from the right side of the screen to left side? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-move-the-favorites-sidebar-from-the/684ae03d-3fb0-47c7-bb72-180aa86a63ac
  9. Can you pin some icons to the left side of the taskbar and others to the right side?

Can you pin some icons to the left side of the taskbar and others to the right side?: Was wondering if it was possible to place some program icons on the left side of the taskbar (next to the windows logo) while others on the right side of the taskbar next to the tray. As seen here [ATTACH] [IMG] (both these images were made using photoshop and I have not...
  10. Can I move favorites bar from right screen side to left side?

Can I move favorites bar from right screen side to left side?: Is there is way to move my pinned Favorites bar from the right side of the screen to the left side of the screen? I think it is more convenient to get it on the left. Thank you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. move apps to right side of screen