Windows 10: Can you not disable "require sign-in" after sleep when using a MS account?

Discus and support Can you not disable "require sign-in" after sleep when using a MS account? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've decided to start using sleep on my media centre pc, but it prompts me for my password every time after coming out from sleep. I just tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EvilMonkeySlayer, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Can you not disable "require sign-in" after sleep when using a MS account?

I've decided to start using sleep on my media centre pc, but it prompts me for my password every time after coming out from sleep. I just tried to disable that but the option is empty.

I'm currently using a microsoft account for my account on this pc. I'm wondering whether this is a limitation of using that, in which case I'll go back to a local account.

submitted by /u/EvilMonkeySlayer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EvilMonkeySlayer, Apr 9, 2020

2. password requirement after sleep

To assist you with your concern, you may refer to the steps below on how to skip password prompt after sleep:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Choose Never from the drop-down menu under Require sign-in to complete the task.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Lee101 Win User
    Windows 10 sign in requirement

Microsoft should make the W10 sign in requirement optional. I can understand the security necessity in an office or other working environment, but there are many situations where this type of security is not an issue and the sign in is just an added inconvenience.
    I was able to remove my W10 PIN Sign-in in at Sign in Options under Accounts. However, that created an even greater nuisance by requiring my Microsoft account sign in. I noticed an earlier post has outlined steps to remove the account sign in using netplwiz and some registry mods. Is this the way I should proceed now to get W10 to come from boots and sleep without human intervention ?

Lee101, Apr 9, 2020
  4. big10 Win User

Can you not disable "require sign-in" after sleep when using a MS account?

How to disable the sign in requirement

How to remove the e-mail account from Windows 10, or how to disable the sign in requirement.

Can you not disable "require sign-in" after sleep when using a MS account? [​IMG]

I followed the instructions but it did not work.

Can you not disable "require sign-in" after sleep when using a MS account? [​IMG]

big10, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Can you not disable "require sign-in" after sleep when using a MS account?

1. Can you not disable "require sign-in" after sleep when using a MS account? - Similar Threads - disable require sign

2. Sign In Requirement after Display Off vs. after Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign In Requirement after Display Off vs. after Sleep: I would like Windows 11 to require password after sleep, but NOT after screen time out. This is how I had Windows 10 set up, but I can't find a way to do this for Windows 11. Anyone?...
  3. Sign In Requirement after Display Off vs. after Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign In Requirement after Display Off vs. after Sleep: I would like Windows 11 to require password after sleep, but NOT after screen time out. This is how I had Windows 10 set up, but I can't find a way to do this for Windows 11. Anyone?...
  4. windows 11 require a sign in after sleep not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 require a sign in after sleep not working: windows 11 require a sign in after sleep not working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-require-a-sign-in-after-sleep-not/410f6c45-0777-4aa1-b126-e14a3134ad9d
  5. windows 11 require a sign in after sleep not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 require a sign in after sleep not working: windows 11 require a sign in after sleep not working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-require-a-sign-in-after-sleep-not/410f6c45-0777-4aa1-b126-e14a3134ad9d
  6. Require sign-in after sleep not working plugged in only

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Require sign-in after sleep not working plugged in only: So a few days ago I noticed that if I shut my Asus laptop and re-open it, it opens straight to the desktop again. No sign-in required, despite all my computer settings displaying that it should require sign-in. After doing some troubleshooting, I have figured out that it only...
  7. Disable the require-sign in upon sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable the require-sign in upon sleep: It is a struggle as my laptop always sleeps when unattended, even my settings said NEVER. Every time monitor closes/sleeps, I need to logged in and this is very inconvenient. I tried every settings instructed on this group and found that I need to change "Require sign-in" to...
  8. How can you tell if you are signing in with MS account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can you tell if you are signing in with MS account?: Would like to know how to use MS account vice local. Right now I do not know how I am since installation did not seem to allow any change from the start....
  9. Can you have a MS account and a Local account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can you have a MS account and a Local account?: I'd like to have both a Microsoft Account and a Local account and pick which one I login with at boot time. Can this be done? 95061
  10. How to disable the sign in requirement

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to disable the sign in requirement: How to remove the e-mail account from Windows 10, or how to disable the sign in requirement. [img] I followed the instructions but it did not work. [img] 29291