Windows 10: Can you open MS Store apps in full screen without tablet mode?

Discus and support Can you open MS Store apps in full screen without tablet mode? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I checked for a Reddit here about this topic and it is 4 years old. I know it can open when in tablet mode and with a win shift enter command but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JayMyers95, May 5, 2023.

1. Can you open MS Store apps in full screen without tablet mode?

So I checked for a Reddit here about this topic and it is 4 years old. I know it can open when in tablet mode and with a win shift enter command but since there were quite a lot of updates is it possible to open them now by default in full screen without the shortkey or tablet mode?

submitted by /u/JayMyers95
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JayMyers95, May 5, 2023

2. Skype (Store App) in Tablet Mode problems

Has anyone else had problems with the Skype store app in Tablet Mode?
    My current issues are:
    • When Skype is set to run at startup (login) the app does not seem to fully load and only shows a black blank window (see attached). I was able to mitigate the problem by disabling "Launch Skype in background" in the Skype settings (see attached). Annoying, but since the start menu begins in full screen mode, this is less of a problem.
    • No notifications pop up (action center) when a call comes in if Skype is not the active foreground window. I can hear the Skype ring, but there is nothing that pops up to answer the call. I've made sure notifications are on for Skype in the app and in the System / Notification / Skype settings. I've made sure the system Focus Assist is also turned off. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and rebooting. No change.

Can you open MS Store apps in full screen without tablet mode? 309618d1607391082t-skype-store-app-tablet-mode-problems-screenshot-2020-12-07-182306.png

Can you open MS Store apps in full screen without tablet mode? 309620d1607391153t-skype-store-app-tablet-mode-problems-screenshot-2020-12-07-183409.png

Windows 10 Version: 2004 (OS Build 19041.630)
    Skype Version: 8.66.0.77
    Application Version: 15.66.77.0

Looking for ideas before I go barking up trees.

Hard Wired, May 5, 2023
  3. D83706 Win User
    Mail App splits screen in tablet mode when opening links

The mail app splits the screen when opening links in tablet mode, but not in desktop mode.

This is not only irritating, but seems logically backwards... Desktops have more real estate than tablets.

This seems like another inconsistency that could be solved with an option.

Any suggestions?

D83706, May 5, 2023
  4. Can you open MS Store apps in full screen without tablet mode?

How to open Universal apps in full screen mode without Tablet mode?

I upgraded to windows 10 over a month ago! but i miss full screen windows apps. Old apps that are ported by Microsoft to the new store have a full screen button besides the minimize button, but new incoming apps in store don't have any full screen option!
    neither any setting is there to enable apps to open/switch to full screen mode without enabling tablet mode. I know Desktop users are not big fan of full screen start menu/modern apps in full screen but i use the start menu in full screen, i found that setting
    but i couldn't get to open apps in full screen without tablet mode.

Anil Meena, May 5, 2023
Thema:

Can you open MS Store apps in full screen without tablet mode?

1. Can you open MS Store apps in full screen without tablet mode? - Similar Threads - open Store apps

2. Tablet Mode? Why did you ever have this feature without a warning? MS Software can be the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tablet Mode? Why did you ever have this feature without a warning? MS Software can be the...: Why would you ever have this feature without a very prominent warning for people unaware of how it will make your desktop disappear. Yet another MS software failure.......
  3. Tablet Mode? Why did you ever have this feature without a warning? MS Software can be the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tablet Mode? Why did you ever have this feature without a warning? MS Software can be the...: Why would you ever have this feature without a very prominent warning for people unaware of how it will make your desktop disappear. Yet another MS software failure.......
  4. Tablet Mode? Why did you ever have this feature without a warning? MS Software can be the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "You will need a New app to open ms windows store"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "You will need a New app to open ms windows store": I am trying to install lenovo vantage and ms store doesn't open and it just shows this message "you will need a New app to open ms windows store " I tried solutions here https://windowsreport.com/youll-need-a-new-app-to-open-this-ms/#4But it didn't work for meMay you help me...
  6. Can you make apps full screen in Your Phone?

Can you make apps full screen in Your Phone?: I have a simple question, that hopefully has an equally simple solution. I am using the Your Phone app on my Surface Go 2, but is there a way to make the apps you open from your phone on the Surface full screen rather than the smaller window they appear as?...
  7. Can you use tablet mode on only 1 screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you use tablet mode on only 1 screen?: So I have 2 monitors and one of them has touch screen so I was wondering if I could use tablet mode on only 1 monitor and let the second one use normal windows layout. Is this possible? submitted by /u/gryzuzzz [link] [comments]...
  8. Skype (Store App) in Tablet Mode problems

Skype (Store App) in Tablet Mode problems: Has anyone else had problems with the Skype store app in Tablet Mode? My current issues are: When Skype is set to run at startup (login) the app does not seem to fully load and only shows a black blank window (see attached). I was able to mitigate the problem by disabling...
  9. Enable swiping to read a pdf in full screen mode on a tablet

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enable swiping to read a pdf in full screen mode on a tablet: Hello! I am trying to read some pdfs and would like to swipe right like a book instead of scrolling down while in full screen table mode. I've been using Microsoft Edge. In the past, it automatically switched, but an update seems to have turned that off. Thanks for the help!...
  10. Can't turn off full screen in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't turn off full screen in tablet mode: I have "Use Start full screen" "Off" and it still goes to full screen in tablet mode with minimize, maximize icons missing and no sizing handles. 116684