Windows 10: Can you pin the Start Menu to a different Montior

Discus and support Can you pin the Start Menu to a different Montior in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am running a 3 monitor system and i just want to know if you can have the start up menu always open one of them so as im working and i need a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JonathanMoss1, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Can you pin the Start Menu to a different Montior

Hi,

I am running a 3 monitor system and i just want to know if you can have the start up menu always open one of them so as im working and i need a different app i can just look at the monitor and click on what i need?

Thanks

:)

JonathanMoss1, Jul 30, 2020

2. How to pin shortcut to start menu.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you would like to know how to pin short cut to start menu.

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below if you are using Windows 7.

Pin a program to the Start menu

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Pin-a-program-to-the-Start-menu

And if you are using Windows 10 then I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

Pin apps to Start

Pin the apps you use most often to the Start menu. Here's how:

• Go to Start > All Apps.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) an app.
    • Select Pin to Start.

Hope this helps. Please let us know the results. We will be happy to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Ixolite Win User
    What can you pin to start menu?

So what exactly can be pinned to start menu in Win10?
    • Applications, obviously,
    • Folders,
    • Settings from modern Settings App,
    • Settings from Control Panel,
    • Websites, through Edge menu,
    • Websites, by creating "application view" in IE11,
    • OneNote notes and notebooks through modern app

Anything else? I'm thinking files, shortcuts, emails, contacts etc.

I've seen there were hacks to pin files in Win8.1, didn't try them yet. Is there any way to pin files without hacks? When I drag a file over start icon I get a "pin to start menu" tooltip, but can't actually do that.

Ixolite, Jul 30, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Can you pin the Start Menu to a different Montior

Where do you find the list of items pinned to the start menu?

A reasonable 'guess' following a couple of simple experiments suggests the registry:

Can you pin the Start Menu to a different Montior [​IMG]

- note the name there.

- unless the data is held where access is restricted e.g. the WindowsApps folder.

dalchina, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Can you pin the Start Menu to a different Montior

1. Can you pin the Start Menu to a different Montior - Similar Threads - pin Start Menu

2. can you change the slideshow on start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can you change the slideshow on start menu?: is it possible to change the folder/album that the photos app on the start menu uses for it's live tile slide show? submitted by /u/venzo2704 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jeh8cj/can_you_change_the_slideshow_on_start_menu/
  3. Can you start a VPN connection by typing in Start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you start a VPN connection by typing in Start menu: When I first sign into my computer, I tend to start all of the apps I want by typing <windows key> and then typing the name of the app I want to start. Does anyone know if there's a way to start a VPN connection with this method? Or is my only option clicking on the...
  4. Difference between "Create a Shortcut" & "Pin this Tile to Start Menu"

in Browsers and Email
    Difference between "Create a Shortcut" & "Pin this Tile to Start Menu": I have several desk top tiles(Apps) that do not work properly, when clicked on to open. Instead when they do open they automatically just default to a Microsoft search engine instead of the desired "App". To reinstall the "App" again I have to google the desired web site and...
  5. Start menu different

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu different: Split from this thread. I recently downloaded an update of Copic search.; They changed the start menu. How can I revert to the prior format? I have since deleted the program as I was advised that it is not secure by my McCaffrey...
  6. What can you pin to start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What can you pin to start menu?: So what exactly can be pinned to start menu in Win10? Applications, obviously, Folders, Settings from modern Settings App, Settings from Control Panel, Websites, through Edge menu, Websites, by creating "application view" in IE11, OneNote notes and notebooks through modern...
  7. Why is there a limit of items that can be pinned to the start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is there a limit of items that can be pinned to the start menu?: Why is there a limit of items that can be pinned to the start menu? In previous builds there was a higher limit or no limit. If the item listed was off-screen, you just scrolled whether or not the start menu was full size or not. In build 10130 there is a limit, not only...
  8. Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?

in Windows 10 Support
    Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?: Hello! I haven't tried the previews but follow the development through blogs and YouTube. I am running 8.1 on all my PC's and love it. I've become used to the start screen and tiles but was under the impression that the new start menu in 10 would make it possible to pin...
  9. How do you alphabetize the pinned tiles in the Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you alphabetize the pinned tiles in the Start Menu?: Each time I pin a new program, it shows up at the bottom of the list. Is there a way to alphabetize this list automatically, instead of doing it manually? Thanks 49414
  10. How do you pin the control panel to the start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you pin the control panel to the start menu?: I find the control panel is a bit awkward to find and usually just luck that I find it on advanced setting for something to other. Is there any way to have the full control panel (not that settings nonsense) on the start menu, pin or otherwise? I can pin it to the task bar...