Windows 10: Can you play game with RAM instead of VRAM

Discus and support Can you play game with RAM instead of VRAM in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; my laptop has 0 VRAM but it does have 8GB of normal ram and i want to buy a game, but it requires 200 mb of vram.Can i run it with my ram?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Felix Nieuwenhuijsen, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Can you play game with RAM instead of VRAM

my laptop has 0 VRAM but it does have 8GB of normal ram and i want to buy a game, but it requires 200 mb of vram.Can i run it with my ram?

:)

Felix Nieuwenhuijsen, Jan 25, 2023
  2. John Sarc Win User

RAM to VRAM?

Hi Joe,

To change/adjust your RAM and VRAM, we suggest that you get in touch with your computer manufacturer, to get assistance from their experts on how do so.

Regards.

John Sarc, Jan 25, 2023
  3. RAM to VRAM?

I have a laptop, and I want to play Overwatch. I went to the website "Can You RUN It?" and it says that the requirement for the RAM is 6GB where I have 12GB and the requirement for VRAM is 2GB where I have 128.0 MB. I have heard that there is a way to change
    RAM to VRAM, but I cannot seem to find an answer. Please help.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

JoeSkull1034, Jan 25, 2023
  4. Can you play game with RAM instead of VRAM

how to increase video ram on a laptop

I'm on a laptop with 4GB RAM and 512 VRAM and inorder to play NSF the run, my VRAM didn't meet the minimum system requirement to play that game. And I've been scouring the internet about it and have found a way of increasing them at the cost of RAM. What
    will happen to the system if I push the VRAM to 1024 MB VRAM on a 4GB RAM ?

zhokho_keyho, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

Can you play game with RAM instead of VRAM

1. Can you play game with RAM instead of VRAM - Similar Threads - play game RAM

2. Can you play game with RAM instead of VRAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you play game with RAM instead of VRAM: my laptop has 0 VRAM but it does have 8GB of normal ram and i want to buy a game, but it requires 200 mb of vram.Can i run it with my ram? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-play-game-with-ram-instead-of-vram/4d1d57bf-b331-4b23-8770-c994ed0fe076
  3. Can you undo changes to VRAM using regedit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you undo changes to VRAM using regedit: Hey guysSo I wanted to dedicate some of my RAM to VRAM to enhance game performance, so I watched a video from youtube that made me create a GMM file in the intel part of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-SOFTWARE-Intel. Then I added a new key called GMM and created a DWORD called...
  4. Can you undo changes to VRAM using regedit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you undo changes to VRAM using regedit: Hey guysSo I wanted to dedicate some of my RAM to VRAM to enhance game performance, so I watched a video from youtube that made me create a GMM file in the intel part of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-SOFTWARE-Intel. Then I added a new key called GMM and created a DWORD called...
  5. How to check how much Video RAM (VRAM) you have in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to check how much Video RAM (VRAM) you have in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Between your CPU and a video card processor, it is the VRAM that acts as a buffer and ensures the uninterrupted running of games or other graphics-intensive applications. Basically, it’s at the core of functions. So, when you see yourself struggling to run...
  6. Allocating RAM as dedicated VRAM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Allocating RAM as dedicated VRAM?: I'm currently wrestling with Monster Hunter: World, trying to force it to behave and run properly. The issue is that I'm playing at 1440P with the HD texture pack, which requires just shy of 8GB of Vram... My card is a 2060, which means I have only 6Gb. The good news is...
  7. Faking RAM amount to play a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Faking RAM amount to play a game: Hello! I have a computer that has 6GB of RAM (2x2GB + 2x1GB) and no free RAM slot. I wanted to play Forza Horizon 4 that has minimum RAM requirement 8GB. Every time I load the game I get an annoying warning that I do not have the minimum system requirement for low settings...
  8. Can not play games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not play games: I have been trying to play online games but they never seem to work. I have tried multiple things to fix this problem. Single player games work fine and i can browse the internet easily but online games are not working for me and I have no idea why. I had my driver updated...
  9. How can you minimize RAM usage?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can you minimize RAM usage?: Hi guys I just want to know how to minimize RAM usage in a laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/how-can-you-minimize-ram-usage/2372ba97-ce32-4fab-953f-0ce6dcd223cf
  10. 2047 instead of 2048 VRAM

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2047 instead of 2048 VRAM: This is not a problem, I just want to know the reason, if there is any. *Biggrin Does anybody know why I have 2047 MB on my video card memory instead of 2048 MB? Why's that 1 MB missing? *Biggrin [img] [img] 80492