Windows 10: Can you please stop assuming things

Discus and support Can you please stop assuming things in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft, Is it possible that you can stop assuming that everyone must stop doing everything to install your updates. I get it, you guys built... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Daemon Starr, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Can you please stop assuming things

Dear Microsoft,

Is it possible that you can stop assuming that everyone must stop doing everything to install your updates. I get it, you guys built a product and you want people to be protected. However, there are a few of us that use a computer during specific times, and use it for a singular purpose.

Case in point, I have a Sony Vaio Tap 11 that is amazing for doing artwork on. It's the machine that I only use for drawing which helps to eliminate some of the stress of my daily life with Azure nonsense.

So that device decided to do updates. Even though I told it not to, and that I would schedule a better time...It still did the updates.

I figured that I would have no worries since I've learned, a long time ago, to save my work, to avoid losing stuff.

Well, to my surprise, before the restart happened the file I have been working on, for almost a month, was saving. Now when my system comes back online the entire file is corrupt. No way to recover it. No way to get those countless hours back...Just lost.

Seriously, Microsoft, you guys are amazing and finding new ways to make my life so fun...

:)

Daemon Starr, Aug 9, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 9, 2018
  3. Stop Windows 10 Update

Hi Linda,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Please confirm a couple of things:

• What happens when you try to delete the GWX files?
    • Do you receive any error message?
    • Have you tried the Method 2 provided by me in the previous suggestion?
    Assuming that you haven't tried stopping the notification by editing the Registry keys since you haven't mentioned about it I suggest you to follow the steps in
    Method 2 from the above post and check if it helps.

Please get back to us with the updated status of the issue so that we can work on it to assist you better.

Andria Maria Mendez, Aug 9, 2018
  4. IggSter Win User

Can you please stop assuming things

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

Can you please stop assuming things

1. Can you please stop assuming things - Similar Threads - please stop assuming

2. Can you help me please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you help me please: My keyboard was working fine suddenly some keys started to not work 1-4-7-del-numpad-spacebar-downarrow after that it started working normally and another set isnt working 2-5-8-insert-rightarrow and when i press asmuch keys as possible with my hands it works for like 10...
  3. Can you help me? Please.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you help me? Please.: Hi! The pc was recently updated into windows 11 or 10, I think. I forgot. But today, I removed all the wires, unplugged it because I was cleaning. Now, I returned the wires and turned on the pc but all the apps on the display screen wasn't there. Also, when I open my Google...
  4. Can you PLEASE stop messing with my windows settings FFS!!?!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you PLEASE stop messing with my windows settings FFS!!?!?: Get in to work, Press Print screen to take a screenshot of a job. Snipping tool opens.Not my previously installed, paid for screenshot tool. Because you bone heads at Microsoft want to push us to your **** tool.****.Just had to spend 30 mins stuffing around to to find out how...
  5. Can you PLEASE stop messing with my windows settings FFS!!?!?

Can you PLEASE stop messing with my windows settings FFS!!?!?: Get in to work, Press Print screen to take a screenshot of a job. Snipping tool opens.Not my previously installed, paid for screenshot tool. Because you bone heads at Microsoft want to push us to your **** tool.****.Just had to spend 30 mins stuffing around to to find out how...
  6. Can you fix this please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you fix this please?: Hello. My pc doesnt let me update my computer. Im on windows 11 and i cant update. It says "Something went wrong. Try to reopen settings later. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-fix-this-please/a4e6c599-1811-4271-aaca-c4bb5b79737b
  7. Can you fix this please?

Can you fix this please?: Hello. My pc doesnt let me update my computer. Im on windows 11 and i cant update. It says "Something went wrong. Try to reopen settings later. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-fix-this-please/a4e6c599-1811-4271-aaca-c4bb5b79737b
  8. Can you please stop force feeding me advertisements?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can you please stop force feeding me advertisements?: After your updating windows 10 today, you forcefeed me Bing, Office and Onedrive advertisements which I cannot skip or stop, and it ends in onedrive suddenly uploading files I do not want to put on onedrive. Can you please stop doing this?? Thanks....
  9. Can you help me please?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can you help me please?: Cúncep Pastor Dl. 19/7/2021 14:23 I cannot send images from my mobile to my E-mail address because it says "Undeliverable": Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups: Cúncep Pastor @hotmail.com Your message wasn't delivered because the recipient's email provider...
  10. Microsoft please stop making things difficult in Edge!

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft please stop making things difficult in Edge!: 1) When I open a new tab (in Edge) theres a very good chance I know what website I want to go to so why don't you make the url box viewable by default when you open a new tab? Why do I need to click the empty space to make the url box open? Whats the advantage of doing this?...