Windows 10: Can you recommend a good free translator App for use with Edge?

Discus and support Can you recommend a good free translator App for use with Edge? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a free Translator App for Edge on my other laptop but that laptop is currently awaiting repair having effectively been smashed by incorrect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Taffy087, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Taffy087 Win User

Can you recommend a good free translator App for use with Edge?

I have a free Translator App for Edge on my other laptop but that laptop is currently awaiting repair having effectively been smashed by incorrect advice given by an IA here.

The translator in the Windows Store isn't as good as what I had before.

Can anyone recommend a good free translator App for use with Edge please?

:)

Taffy087, Oct 9, 2019

2. Microsoft Translator on Microsoft Edge

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. As you’ve mentioned “if I try to install any usefull app it doesnt work !, what happens when you try to install the app?
    2. Have you tried installing the apps from different browser?
    3. If yes, what is the error code/error message you’ve received while trying to download from Edge browser?
    4. Are you referring to any specific app or is this happening with all the applications?
    5. Which build version of Windows is installed on the PC?

Refer the article ‘Which version of Windows operating system am I running
    to provide the details.

I suggest you to refer the article Use Microsoft Translator
    in Edge browser
    on how to use Translator in Edge browser.

I also suggest you to add the Extension in Edge
    browser and check the status of the issue.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Microsoft Translator

Hi,

One way of stopping Microsoft Translator is by uninstalling it. In order for you to uninstall the app, we recommend that you follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key and type "translator".
    • Right-click Translator and select Uninstall.
    • Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Dennis Mop, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Can you recommend a good free translator App for use with Edge?

Cannot install Edge extension Translator

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with installing Edge extension translator. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

• Open Powershell as admin.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage *pocket* | Remove-AppxPackage" without the quotes this will unsintall pocket. You can try skipping step 3.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}" without the quotes.

this will reinstall all stock apps including the Windows Store
    • Now you should be able to install Pocket through the Windows Store.

Note: Replace *pocket* in step 2 with *extensionname* (example: pocket extension).

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Ankit Rajput, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Can you recommend a good free translator App for use with Edge?

1. Can you recommend a good free translator App for use with Edge? - Similar Threads - recommend free translator

2. What free app can be used to combine photos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What free app can be used to combine photos?: Because I wanted to be able to show a before and after comparison to make it easier to understand. So the important qualification here is 'free'! Hehe. TIA....
  3. a good free 3D modeling app for beginners?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    a good free 3D modeling app for beginners?: I'm looking for a good 3D modeling program/ app for beginners. I can't seem to find one that you can download. I'm trying Blender, but it's not exackly for beginners. I tried one, 3D Crafter, but the instructions are too complicated. I don't one that is only online. I...
  4. Microsoft Translator on Microsoft Edge

Microsoft Translator on Microsoft Edge: Why cant I get a translator that actually works in Edge I mean I like the browser it self but if I try to install any usefull app it doesnt work ! I didn't think Microsoft is so withdrawn... ***Modified the title from Translator***...
  5. What is a good free antivirus or free trial ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is a good free antivirus or free trial ?: I have tried four and all four have tried one way or another to screw up my computer either they mess with the start up or try to dismantle my webcam these antivirus security programs do more damage than viruses. these programs have cost me money to repair my laptop and one...
  6. Can you recommend an App to check my laptop for faults? Win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can you recommend an App to check my laptop for faults? Win10: I am having terrible problems with the blasted OOPS regardless of which browser I use - I even installed Firefox today but still got OOPS. As no-one else appears to be having OOPS, I have to wonder if the problem is with my laptop. Can any one recommend an App that I can...
  7. "How likely are you to recommend Edge to a friend or coworker?"

in Browsers and Email
    "How likely are you to recommend Edge to a friend or coworker?": The thread title is a copy of what was in my Action Center notification area. That's an area that updates me on important issues, like the need to reboot, or if I've gotten a virus warning. It's not there to act as a marketing tool for M$. This sort of intrusiveness is...
  8. Recommend a good Aero-Snap Program

Recommend a good Aero-Snap Program: Preferably freeware. Looking for something that allows for more customization than the native Win10 Snap feature allows. Maybe pre-defining certain zones, or being able to snap to 25% width/height as well as the default 50%? Anyone have any personal recommendations? 86084
  9. Any recommendations for a free USB password protection app?

Any recommendations for a free USB password protection app?: I have the latest version of Windows 10 Home Edition. I have a USB drive that I wish to protect with a password and I see online that there are numerous free options available. Do you have any recommendations? Also, do you think encryption is necessary if you have...
  10. Can recommend

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can recommend: Hi can recommend Auslogics Driver Updater. This morning driver updater informed me it needed updating. After it had done so it then informed me 12 drivers needed updating due to a big windows update coming soon. It downloaded and updated all 12. Once restarted which it...