Windows 10: Can you recommend a good free translator App for use with Edge?

Discus and support Can you recommend a good free translator App for use with Edge? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a free Translator App for Edge on my other laptop but that laptop is currently awaiting repair having effectively been smashed by incorrect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Taffy087, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Taffy087 Win User

Can you recommend a good free translator App for use with Edge?

I have a free Translator App for Edge on my other laptop but that laptop is currently awaiting repair having effectively been smashed by incorrect advice given by an IA here.

The translator in the Windows Store isn't as good as what I had before.

Can anyone recommend a good free translator App for use with Edge please?

:)

Taffy087, Oct 9, 2019

2. Microsoft Translator on Microsoft Edge

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. As you’ve mentioned “if I try to install any usefull app it doesnt work !, what happens when you try to install the app?
    2. Have you tried installing the apps from different browser?
    3. If yes, what is the error code/error message you’ve received while trying to download from Edge browser?
    4. Are you referring to any specific app or is this happening with all the applications?
    5. Which build version of Windows is installed on the PC?

Refer the article ‘Which version of Windows operating system am I running
    to provide the details.

I suggest you to refer the article Use Microsoft Translator
    in Edge browser
    on how to use Translator in Edge browser.

I also suggest you to add the Extension in Edge
    browser and check the status of the issue.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Microsoft Translator

Hi,

One way of stopping Microsoft Translator is by uninstalling it. In order for you to uninstall the app, we recommend that you follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key and type "translator".
    • Right-click Translator and select Uninstall.
    • Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Dennis Mop, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Can you recommend a good free translator App for use with Edge?

Cannot install Edge extension Translator

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with installing Edge extension translator. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

• Open Powershell as admin.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage *pocket* | Remove-AppxPackage" without the quotes this will unsintall pocket. You can try skipping step 3.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}" without the quotes.

this will reinstall all stock apps including the Windows Store
    • Now you should be able to install Pocket through the Windows Store.

Note: Replace *pocket* in step 2 with *extensionname* (example: pocket extension).

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Ankit Rajput, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Can you recommend a good free translator App for use with Edge?

1. Can you recommend a good free translator App for use with Edge? - Similar Threads - recommend free translator

2. pls recommend some good free anti virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pls recommend some good free anti virus: pls recommend some good free anti virus program 175163
  3. Free Subtitle translator

Free Subtitle translator: Hi folks I posted this ages ago ( I think nearly a year ago) but with a lot more people watching TV these days and with some of the modern dialog becoming increasingly "muffled" and poorly mixed I think subtitles are now more useful than ever. I'm re-posting this topic in...
  4. Can anyone recommend a good hard drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can anyone recommend a good hard drive?: Currently I have the following hard disk (WDC WD5000AAKS-00UU3A0), only I am bothered by the fact that my disk usage is constantly at 100%, I suspect that the disk is simply too slow in reading and writing, or are there other reasons for this, I would prefer a disk between 1...
  5. Can anyone recommend a good alarm app that allows the use of custom alarm tones?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can anyone recommend a good alarm app that allows the use of custom alarm tones?: pls help submitted by /u/Reri1600 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i3i23h/can_anyone_recommend_a_good_alarm_app_that_allows/
  6. Can you recommend free antivirus programs for my laptop?

Can you recommend free antivirus programs for my laptop?: I already have Windows 10 and Bitdefender. Do you know any good other protection programs that are free and reliable? :3 Könnt ihr mir kostenlose Virenschutzprogramme für den Laptop empfehlen?
  7. Can anyone recommend a good alternative to the default Voice Recorder app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can anyone recommend a good alternative to the default Voice Recorder app?: The Windows Voice Recorder is great but it doesn't let you change the default save location. I know about Audacity, but it is too cumbersome for my use. I want something where I can click to start, click to stop, and have the recording automatically saved in a predetermined...
  8. Great Free subtitle translator

Great Free subtitle translator: Hi folks For those who'se native language is not English or who just want subtitles in languages not normally available this FREE process will translate (decently --the wonders today of A.I !!) a subtitle from one language to another -- Evin Latin if you ar bonkers enough to...
  9. a good free 3D modeling app for beginners?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    a good free 3D modeling app for beginners?: I'm looking for a good 3D modeling program/ app for beginners. I can't seem to find one that you can download. I'm trying Blender, but it's not exackly for beginners. I tried one, 3D Crafter, but the instructions are too complicated. I don't one that is only online. I...
  10. "How likely are you to recommend Edge to a friend or coworker?"

in Browsers and Email
    "How likely are you to recommend Edge to a friend or coworker?": The thread title is a copy of what was in my Action Center notification area. That's an area that updates me on important issues, like the need to reboot, or if I've gotten a virus warning. It's not there to act as a marketing tool for M$. This sort of intrusiveness is...