Windows 10: Can you recover a wiped hard drive with zeros or 7 pass

Discus and support Can you recover a wiped hard drive with zeros or 7 pass in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can you recover a wiped hard drive with zeros or 7 pass... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sanyijani, Aug 1, 2021.

1. sanyijani Win User

Can you recover a wiped hard drive with zeros or 7 pass

:)

sanyijani, Aug 1, 2021
  2. Shadin Win User

How to wipe a hard drive

The best utility to use to wipe a hard drive is definitely DBAN. You can do an all-out wipe, or simply write all zeroes to the drive.

Darik’s Boot and Nuke – DBAN

Shadin, Aug 1, 2021
  3. Mechanical Hard Drive A:\

Proceed with the steps I gave you to test the hard drive to know for sure it's condition.

If it passes wipe it and try formatting as suggested. If it fails initializing as MBR then try GPT (for data).

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Aug 1, 2021
  4. Steelman Win User

Hard Drive wiping tool

Hello,

I will be selling my PC in a couple of days, is there a tool which will allow me to completely wipe the hard drive so no sensitive information can be recovered, but also leaving the hard drive in a usable condition because it will be formatted with a new Operating System ready for the next user.

Thanks! *Toast :toast:

Steelman, Aug 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Can you recover a wiped hard drive with zeros or 7 pass - Similar Threads - recover wiped hard

2. Hard drive wipe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive wipe: Hi,I need to wipe a external hard drive to reuse in another system. I thought about using ccleaner but I know it is unsafe. Just so you know I don't want to format it.Thanks...
  3. Wiping hard drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wiping hard drives: I am selling a pc it has 3 drives installed, i factory reset the pc and chose to delete all files, will this delete the files from all 3 drives or just the drive with the OS on?...
  4. Wiped hard drive with new data can be recovered or no

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wiped hard drive with new data can be recovered or no: Wiped hard drive with new data can be recovered or no https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wiped-hard-drive-with-new-data-can-be-recovered-or/a09b8d49-a78c-4af4-8622-94ef39744d7b
  5. Hard drive wipe

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive wipe: I am having issues deleting files from my windows app folder on my secondary drive it either says i dont have access, need permission from system or error 0x80070780. I have tried all things i could find via a google search. I have 2 of them due to previous issues each with...
  6. wipe of hard drive

wipe of hard drive: I am trying to wipe my hard drive so I can donate my HP desktop to charity I tried the recovery option but after a long long while it failed to make any changes. I have tried DBAN but for whatever reason it also would not work and just gave me the option of altering the dvd...
  7. Wipe hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wipe hard drive: I’ve bought a new hard drive for my laptop, got it working and installed my windows 10 using the recovery disc. I now want to sell my old hard drive but as it stands I’m assuming it still has my old profile and copy of Windows in there etc ( I have no data, files etc in the...
  8. Wiping Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wiping Hard Drive: Hello! I just downloaded a bootable windows onto an usb stick and I from there booted up the computer from the USB stick and formatted all the disks inside the laptop. Then exitted the program. Now when I boot up the computer it just says "No operating System Installed" My...
  9. Wiping Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Wiping Hard Drive: Hello! I just downloaded a bootable windows onto an usb stick and I from there booted up the computer from the USB stick and formatted all the disks inside the laptop. Then exitted the program. Now when I boot up the computer it just says "No operating System Installed" My...
  10. wipe hard drive

wipe hard drive: I wipe a hard drive with DOD wipe I am trying to reimage drive with window 10 I am getting error do you know if the wipe is affecting the imaging process? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/wipe-hard-drive/2bd86868-d974-4260-b360-637d0cb5e3d2