Windows 10: Can you remove 'Pin to Start' from the right-click on Recycle Bin?

Discus and support Can you remove 'Pin to Start' from the right-click on Recycle Bin? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Sorry if it's been asked before but couldn't find this in searching the forum - is there a registry hack to get rid of the 'Pin to Start' option when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Debbie, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Debbie Win User

Can you remove 'Pin to Start' from the right-click on Recycle Bin?

Sorry if it's been asked before but couldn't find this in searching the forum - is there a registry hack to get rid of the 'Pin to Start' option when you right-click on the Recycle Bin icon on desktop? I keep clicking on this in error when going to click 'Empty recycle bin'.

Thanks.

:)

Debbie, Aug 17, 2016

2. Recover deleted files in Windows 10

Thanks, this fixed my issue (and when I looked, I saw that the Recycle Bin was right there on my desktop screen, all the time). By right-clicking its icon, I saw that you can also pin the Recycle Bin to the Start menu.

But, is there a way to have the Recycle Bin appear in the Navigation Pane of File Explorer, as it used to, or is this a feature that Microsoft has now removed?

Andrew Kelly, Aug 17, 2016
  3. Recycle Bin opens in Acrobat

Hi,

That looks like a shortcut to the hidden folder named "c:\$recycle.bin" which is the Recycle Bin store folder.

To access the Recycle Bin quickly when you're in Tablet mode, you can Pin it to Start screen:

Press WinKey + R, and type shell:desktop and press ENTER

Right-click the Recycle Bin icon, and click Pin to Start.

Does that help?

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 17, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

There is but, unfortunately it will remove the entry from all folder items that apply, system wide.
    You would need to navigate to the following Key in the Windows Registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\PintoStartScreen]
    @="{470C0EBD-5D73-4d58-9CED-E91E22E23282}"

... right click on PintoStartScreen and Export it first, (so you can Merge it back if something goes terribly wrong!)

then right click and Delete it. The affect is immediate.

Please, take necessary precautions before modifying the Windows Registry!

Edwin, Aug 20, 2016
  5. Debbie Win User
    Thanks so much for this, it has solved my problem and I have exported a back-up .reg file, should I want to undo it. I use an alternative Start Menu anyway so I shouldn't miss it!
    Thanks again! *Smile

Debbie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can you remove 'Pin to Start' from the right-click on Recycle Bin? - Similar Threads - remove 'Pin Start'

2. How to remove Pin to Quick access on Recycle Bin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Pin to Quick access on Recycle Bin?: I've seen in this post it was possible to remove it only for the Recycle Bin by some regisitry Ramesh Srinivasan posted,However the link now is down and I can't get it or contact the poster,Anyone else know how to do it?...
  3. How to remove Pin to Quick access on Recycle Bin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove Pin to Quick access on Recycle Bin?: I've seen in this post it was possible to remove it only for the Recycle Bin by some regisitry Ramesh Srinivasan posted,However the link now is down and I can't get it or contact the poster,Anyone else know how to do it?...
  4. data from recycle bin got removed automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    data from recycle bin got removed automatically: HiThere is issue with recycle bin where its data get deleted automatically after 24 hours. I have turned off the storage sense. I have decrease the recycle bin size too. However, the data got deleted automatically within 24-48 hours. Please help to stop it...
  5. Unable to remove files from my recycling bin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to remove files from my recycling bin: I'm trying to delete all of the things in my recycling bin but it would only allow me to do some of them. I highlighted everything, right clicked, then clicked on delete but nothing happens. I tried doing it individually and once again nothing. There is no error message...
  6. How to pin Recycle Bin to the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to pin Recycle Bin to the taskbar.: I was going through my documents and found this, which I wrote a few months back. Still seems to work. It's not written very clearly, but shouldn't be too hard to follow. Hope this helps someone. "How I pinned the Recycle bin to taskbar: 1: Create a Recycle bin shortcut 2:...
  7. How to show 'Empty recycle bin' when right-clicking in the Recycle bin icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to show 'Empty recycle bin' when right-clicking in the Recycle bin icon: Hi, I installed a software called JetClean and JetBoost, freeware and similar to CCleaner. It added some options when right-clicking in the Recycle bin icon "Empty with JetClean" or something like that. And that was OK. However, I install and run Malawarebytes Antimalware...
  8. can an item be restored from the recycle bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can an item be restored from the recycle bin: Apparently yesterday I accidently deleted a folder that I had just on my desktop. It must have been deleted through the recycle bin. There is nothing showing in there now. This was something that I had created by making downloads on my medical history. Is there anyway that I...
  9. Remove Empty Recycle Bin from Context Menu of Recycle Bin in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Empty Recycle Bin from Context Menu of Recycle Bin in Windows: How to: Remove Empty Recycle Bin from Context Menu of Recycle Bin in Windows Add or Remove Empty Recycle Bin Context Menu for Recycle Bin in Windows The Recycle Bin provides a safety net when deleting files or folders. When you delete any of these items from a hard disk,...
  10. How to remove recycle bin from desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove recycle bin from desktop?: I can not believe, I am actually asking this, but I can not find the answer. *Redface 8501