Windows 10: Can you reset Windows safely if your disk is encrypted?

Discus and support Can you reset Windows safely if your disk is encrypted? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; If I'm doing the "delete files and clean disk completely" option as I am resetting Windows for sale. My disk is encrypted - that shouldn't be a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheCookieHero880, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Can you reset Windows safely if your disk is encrypted?

If I'm doing the "delete files and clean disk completely" option as I am resetting Windows for sale.

My disk is encrypted - that shouldn't be a problem, no? The disk will be reset? Will it become un-encrypted when I reset the computer?

Also, is the Windows reset enough to keep my sensitive deleted data secure or should I be doing anything else?

Thanks in advance, I don't know much about computers.

submitted by /u/TheCookieHero880
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheCookieHero880, Nov 26, 2019
  2. geotso Win User

Can't safely remove external disk

In reference to the steps of your suggestions:

• The issue is specific to the particular disk and it started after I've used the disk to save the System image backup (created with the Control Panel > File History tool).
    • I didn't disable any windows Service. I'm just wondering if there is any to disable.
    • Safe boot with networking, or clean boot doesn't resolve the issue.

Thank you.

geotso, Nov 26, 2019
  3. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Nov 26, 2019
  4. jp_pt Win User

Can you reset Windows safely if your disk is encrypted?

Encrypted Disk

Hi,

Thanks for help and response, Can you reset Windows safely if your disk is encrypted? :)

I think was bitlocker, but its strange because i I thought
    that encrypt all the disc as a whole, and if took the disk out, ok should be encrypted.

But i was logged in windows and copied the files , the same encryptiton persists in files too?

Or will be impossibel without the public key and the certainty of the software used?

Any forum that you suggest to ask some more help?

Regards

jp_pt, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

Can you reset Windows safely if your disk is encrypted?

1. Can you reset Windows safely if your disk is encrypted? - Similar Threads - reset safely disk

2. home disk encryption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    home disk encryption: Hi I need help with home disk encryption on my computer need to be install it soon. Could you please contact me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-disk-encryption/827e470b-54ca-4af6-b97f-b96c07888d85
  3. How can I erase a BitLocker encrypted disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I erase a BitLocker encrypted disk: Hi, I am thinking about turning on BitLocker. My question is how can I erase a BitLocker encrypted partition without a Recovery key if I ever run into this issue? I know that without a recovery key your data is gone, but how can I erase a disk without a recovery key?...
  4. How do you reset your windows password when you forgot your password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you reset your windows password when you forgot your password?: I forgot my windows password and there's no forgot password option at settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-reset-your-windows-password-when-you/c27d688c-51ca-4635-b98e-694d53b633e5
  5. How do you reset your windows password when you forgot your password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you reset your windows password when you forgot your password?: I forgot my windows password and there's no forgot password option at settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-reset-your-windows-password-when-you/c27d688c-51ca-4635-b98e-694d53b633e5
  6. EFS encryption can not be removed after a windows reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EFS encryption can not be removed after a windows reset: So here is the situation... I updated some pc parts on my computer including MOBO, cpu, etc. And I flashed my bios and did everything well however upon loading the windows OS there was a lot of buggy things going on and I thought what better way to clear all the bugs than to...
  7. Can you safely kill dwm.exe?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you safely kill dwm.exe?: Desktop Window Manager is consuming a worrying amount of memory. Several threads I've found online have stated that it's safe to terminate the process, as it will automatically restart after. However, these threads are several years old, and I have not found any recent...
  8. Formatting then Resetting a Disk after Encryption - is it secure?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Formatting then Resetting a Disk after Encryption - is it secure?: Hi everyone, First of all I don't know anything about computers so this is probably a stupid question. So, sorry about that in advance. I am preparing my windows 10 laptop to be sold. I read online that a good way to prevent recovery of your sensitive data, including...
  9. disk encryption

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    disk encryption: i have encrypted my usb drive using bitlocker. but it wont open using the password and the recovery key. how can i decrypt it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-encryption/f881c6c3-b809-4c51-ac4b-d3ec9d79fcce
  10. Which Windows Services Can You Safely Disable?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Which Windows Services Can You Safely Disable?: My laptop getting slow to boot so i decide to turn off some unused services maybe like print spooler, remote desktop etc, so i need your guys to help me decide this. Thanks in advance.. 60418