Windows 10: Can you resume downloads the next day in Windows 10/Edge?

Discus and support Can you resume downloads the next day in Windows 10/Edge? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I say Windows 10/Edge as I'm not sure whether it's windows or edge that gives you the download box at the bottom of the screen with: 'pause', 'cancel'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NT202, May 30, 2020.

1. /u/NT202 Win User

Can you resume downloads the next day in Windows 10/Edge?

I say Windows 10/Edge as I'm not sure whether it's windows or edge that gives you the download box at the bottom of the screen with: 'pause', 'cancel' and 'view download'.

I'm half way through a big download but need to turn the computer off. In the past, when I've paused the download, turned the system off and tried to resume the next day, it was gone.

Is it even possible to do this?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/NT202
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NT202, May 30, 2020
  2. MMO
    mmo Win User

Resume downloads with Edge?

In contrast to IE the Edge browser seems to have no way to resume an aborted download. If there was some network hiccup or similar and the download failed, then there is no easy way to simply restart that download other then to navigate back to the page and re-trigger the download (which may require to re-authenticate to the page or reenter some form data or other annoyances).

On IE's download page there used to be an option "Resume" (if the download did not complete) and "Redownload" (or similar) if the download had completed next to each listed file.

Has anybody found a way of making these options appear in Edge as well?

3. How to resume download in Edge brwoser

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to know how to resume the download in Microsoft Edge.
    We will assist you.

I suggest you to refer to the response created by Vianyil and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Edge won't resume downloads

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 30, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Resume downloads with Edge?

Not what you asked but at least this is a viable workaround:

I use Microsoft Download Manager for my downloads, an old original MS tool that is no longer developed and updated (last version is from 2011). It still works perfectly. Download it here: Download Microsoft Download Manager from Official Microsoft Download Center

When installed, you'll find it in Start menu in M > Microsoft Download Manager.

Now copy any download link:

Can you resume downloads the next day in Windows 10/Edge? [​IMG]

Click New download and paste the link, click OK:

Download starts:

All active downloads will be automatically suspended when you close the Download Manager, and resumed when it will be run again. You can also suspend and resume downloads manually:

An annoying bug in a few last few Windows Insider Skip Ahead builds is that context menu copy / cut / paste / copy link in Edge are not working. I am sure that issue will be resolved quite in the near future, but at the moment although using Edge as my main browser, I use another browser to get download links copied.

Thema:

1. Can you resume downloads the next day in Windows 10/Edge? - Similar Threads - resume downloads next

2. Can you disable Edge yet?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you disable Edge yet?: Literally the only thing I want from a new version of Windows right now is the ability to completely remove Edge. Then we can work on other improvements. Baby steps....
  3. Can you download the voices on Edge's Immersive Reader?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you download the voices on Edge's Immersive Reader?: I was wondering if the voices on Microsoft's Edge Browser were available for download. I'm trying to listen to a Word Document but it isn't allowing me to open up WordDocs. Word has its own voices but they are horribly robotic, unlike the ones in edge. I'd like to download...
  4. Can you not download windows 10 on a MacBook?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you not download windows 10 on a MacBook?: I got the windows activation key and I downloaded windows 10 on a flash drive with a Mac book but my pc is still putting me in bios not giving me the option to activate my windows key. submitted by /u/skinny_bird1 [link] [comments]...
  5. Can you Resume a film in the Films and TV app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you Resume a film in the Films and TV app?: Or do I need to use a third party app? Thanks Win 10x64 Version 1909 OS build 18363.657 151828
  6. downloading resume

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    downloading resume: tying to upload a resume from indeed. I'm completely lost. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-resume/9c5bc087-cee5-4ba1-8f6a-f5ebb60aa8d3"
  7. Resume download for Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resume download for Windows update: How to resume download feature update to Windows 10 version 1809? Thanks everyone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resume-download-for-windows-update/d3122a1c-81b4-449b-9fc5-298626f596f2
  8. Resume download for Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resume download for Windows update: How to resume download feature update to Windows 10 version 1809? Thanks everyone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/resume-download-for-windows-update/d3122a1c-81b4-449b-9fc5-298626f596f2
  9. Resume downloads with Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Resume downloads with Edge?: In contrast to IE the Edge browser seems to have no way to resume an aborted download. If there was some network hiccup or similar and the download failed, then there is no easy way to simply restart that download other then to navigate back to the page and re-trigger the...
  10. can not download anything with windows Edge

in Browsers and Email
    can not download anything with windows Edge: as the title said, I can not download anything. when I click on anything that I want to download, it just sits there and nothing happens. no error no nothing. if I use Firefox, all is fine, no problems there. any idea what to do? I don't know if this is related or not, but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to resume download on edge