Windows 10: Can you rollback to Win7 and then come back to Win10?

Discus and support Can you rollback to Win7 and then come back to Win10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having an issue with Win1o that is not resolving itself and making me more and more frustrated so I want to roll back to Win 7 and comeback to 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by viviand, Aug 16, 2015.

1. viviand Win User

Can you rollback to Win7 and then come back to Win10?

I am having an issue with Win1o that is not resolving itself and making me more and more frustrated so I want to roll back to Win 7 and comeback to 10 to see if that will repair the issue. Is this possible?

My initial problem is here: https://www.tenforums.com/general-dis...-pictures.html

:)

viviand, Aug 16, 2015

2. Windows 10 issue with typing and drop downs

I had the same exact issue after upgrading from Win7 to Win10. Spent many hours online looking for a solution. Tried the ones listed above. No luck.

What's the point of having a new shiny OS when you can't type anything Can you rollback to Win7 and then come back to Win10? :) My daughter was so mad after the upgrade since she couldn't do her homework anymore on the laptop.

This morning I reverted to . It was so easy to go , just one click and after 5mins you are . That's the only silver lining, the only good thing Microsoft had thought about while coming up with Win10. It's such a relief
    now. I can finally type.. woo hoo...

Adios Win10. See you later or NOT.

Back to Win7, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Outlook Calendar/ Contacts 'synch' with LG Windows 7 phone?

Ok, how. I thought I had everything set to synch (at least my calendar), but to get everything "up in the cloud" I went to Tools->account settings. You're saying I can make my email remain on my WORK domain by default, but change the "data files" to
    windows live (Cloud), thereby enabling my calendar and contacts to synch with the Phone (and with my other computers). I'll try it...but it would all have been much simpler with an Outlook synch option (My company doesn't use Exchange).

One remaining concern I have is what happens when I get a work invite into my calendar. If I accept it will it come from my work address or my personal address? I'm assuming it will come from my work address as that remains the default. However, I'm
    guessing I'll have to test it.

I think the one thing that is disappointing me the most is how much time I've had to spend to get this phone to work. Luckily I'm smart, because the phone isn't. It's been a real trial, and I'm starting to regret leaving my iphone. I still have a couple
    of more weeks....I really do want this to work. But it has to apply to my work and personal life (I'm not fancy enough to carry a work phone and a steppin' out phone).

Trying to Come back to MSFT, Aug 16, 2015
  4. meebers Win User

I have made plenty of backup's on my W7 just in case the roll back becomes a problem.

meebers, Aug 16, 2015
  5. Absolutely you can while the free updates are going, so at least another 11 months.

monty22001, Aug 16, 2015
  6. You should be able to go right to a clean install of Windows 10 this time around.

DeaconFrost, Aug 16, 2015
  7. viviand Win User
    thanks for all the responses!

viviand, Aug 16, 2015
  8. Can you rollback to Win7 and then come back to Win10?

Yes, you definitely can. I know someone who did exactly that. She first upgraded from Windows 7 to 10, got frustrated with the blurry screen (it didn't install video drivers, so the resolution didn't match the native resolution of her monitor), and reverted back to Windows 7. I convinced her to try Windows 10 again if the only thing she didn't like about it was the video issue, because even though the latest Nvidia drivers for her chipset only claimed to be compatible with Window 7 and 8 (her PC is 5 years old), I suspected that they would work anyway (which they did).

MaximRecoil, Aug 16, 2015
  9. My advice is to do the rollback NOW!

Then, when you get Win7 back working, use the free version of Macrium Reflect (MR) to image off your Win7 setup to an external drive. Also use the option to create an MR boot USB/CD.

That way, should you try the Win10 upgrade later, and then want to go back to Win7, you will have a backup to do it from.

Mentioning this because there have been numerous posts from folks whose rollbacks did not work.

Mark Phelps, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can you rollback to Win7 and then come back to Win10? - Similar Threads - rollback Win7 Win10

2. Win7 on Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win7 on Win10?: Hey, When i boot up my windows 10 machine i get a classic windows 7 start up menu i believe it is when i made a win7 bootable but now i have this permanently. i went so far as to reset my pc nothing works. Please help! Link to video of what happens:...
  3. Win10 reverted back to Win7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 reverted back to Win7: A few years ago, I redeemed the free Win10 offer and upgraded my computer. Previously, I was using Win7 I believe the previous Win7 installation was kept on a petition on one of my internal hard drives, whilst the new Win10 installation was kept on my SSD. Just today,...
  4. Upgrade Win7 to Win10

Upgrade Win7 to Win10: Received the following error after trying to upgrade Windows from 7 to 10. "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10. Your PC isn't supported yet on this version of Windows 10. No action is needed. Windows Update will offer this version of Windows 10 automatically once...
  5. Back Win7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Back Win7: If I've already installed Win 10 how to restore Win 7 or back to that Version of Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-win7/a852401a-9730-4f7d-bd77-7641aa57eefc
  6. Can I upgrade Win7 Ent to Win10?

Can I upgrade Win7 Ent to Win10?: I have a Win7 Enterprise desktop as well as a Win10 laptop that I rarely ever use. Is there anyway to "tr'fer, or release that key to my desktop? 113632
  7. Will an update to 1803 come back to haunt me if I rollback to 1709?

Will an update to 1803 come back to haunt me if I rollback to 1709?: HP i5 laptop used by a young teenager mostly for playing games including Steam updated to 1803 Home resulting in multiple problems. I rolled it back to 1709 and all works fine. Will future windows updates try to push 1803 back onto this laptop in the future? 112448
  8. Win7 to win10 can i delete this folder?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win7 to win10 can i delete this folder?: I went from Windows 7 pro to Win10 pro and i noticed that there is a Windows.old folder on the C drive that is 22gig in size, if im correct that is the windows 7 installation right? can this folder be deleted? 33110
  9. Cannot Go back to Win7 from Win10

Cannot Go back to Win7 from Win10: When i navigate to settings>Recovery>Go back to Win 7, I click the "Get Started" button but nothing opens or occurs at all. I am the only account on the PC with full admin rights. Attached is a screenshot of my user list [img] 57537
  10. How to ROLL BACK from Win10 to Win7?

How to ROLL BACK from Win10 to Win7?: I've decided not to use Win10 and wish to roll back to the original Win7 that was on the drive. Win10 has the old system backed up to the Windows.old directory...but is there a tool or application in Win10 to initiate the roll back? I know I can wipe and reload or use my...