Windows 10: Can You Run Defender Quick Scans Automatically?

Discus and support Can You Run Defender Quick Scans Automatically? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; All my PCs routinely show a yellow marker on the Defender tray icon nagging me that a Quick Scan is due. Is there a way of configuring Defender to run... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Steve C, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Steve C Win User

Can You Run Defender Quick Scans Automatically?

All my PCs routinely show a yellow marker on the Defender tray icon nagging me that a Quick Scan is due. Is there a way of configuring Defender to run these Quick Scans automatically when due?

:)

Steve C, Jun 26, 2019
  2. BTC55 Win User

Windows Defender - Quick Scan

Windows defender no longer offers a quick scan option.

My options are:

• Scan
    • Advanced Scan
    • Full Scan
    • Custom Scan
    • Windows Defender Offline scan
    Whichever option I check, the scan will need to run for hours to complete.

Is a quick scan available?

How do I restore this feature?

BTC55, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Windows Defender- Not seeing an automatic daily quick scan

Installed Windows 10 Anniversary update which included the new cloud version of Windows Defender and so far note that there does not seem to be automatic daily quick scan as in previous version. Last automatic scan was on 9/22 so did manual scan on 9/28
    & 9/30. Any suggestions?

[Original title: Windows Defender]

haroldhorowitz, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Can You Run Defender Quick Scans Automatically?

Does Windows Defender Quick scan interrupt Advanced scan?

Before I create a System Image, I run an Advanced scan using Windows Defender, and it typically takes about an hour and the Scan history lists about 4,000,000 files scanned. However, often I see only about 40,000 files scanned, what I get from a Quick scan.

I can think of two explanations that might account for this:

1. The Advanced scan completes, but a Quick scan starts afterwards and wipes out evidence that that the Advanced scan occurred (unless presumably some problem was found).

2. The Advanced scan is interrupted and a Quick scan runs.

Are there other possibilities?

The 2 possibilities listed above are both unsatisfactory because I can tell if an Advanced scan was completed. If an Advanced scan was just completed, there is no reason that a Quick scan should be run automatically.

Mickey Segal, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Can You Run Defender Quick Scans Automatically?

1. Can You Run Defender Quick Scans Automatically? - Similar Threads - Run Defender Quick

2. Windows Defender - Not able to do the Quick Scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender - Not able to do the Quick Scan: I am not able to run the Quick Scan through Windows Defender. I donot have any third party Anivirus Software on my computer. When I tried to run the scan, it showing that "PAGE NOT AVAILABLE... Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item...
  3. Windows security Quick Scan not running

Windows security Quick Scan not running: Ran a full scan a week ago then tried to go back to quick scan today. Quick scan will not run. Shows 35 hours to complete whatever scan is running. I canceled it and tried again, still no quick scan....
  4. Windows Defender not running scans

Windows Defender not running scans: I wonder if anyone can identify why Windows Defender has suddenly, i.e. the last day or two, stopped running scans on my home PC? The product is up to date: [img] If I attempt to scan a folder of file, the screen above appears and sometimes the scan will run, but more...
  5. Can not run scan

Can not run scan: I keep getting Error Code OX8050800d What's Up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-windows_10/can-not-run-scan/c6d61d61-4372-4480-8376-bac347db9118
  6. When I run a quick scan or full scan on my defender virus protection, the scan locks up at...

When I run a quick scan or full scan on my defender virus protection, the scan locks up at...: After the scan locks up, I can only hit cancel to end the scan. This makes the computer work at a snails pace until I run the custom scan. This then allows me to turn the computer off. When I turn the computer back on, it runs slower than normal, and the mute button works...
  7. defender automatic update and scan

defender automatic update and scan: first let me say I am on a metered network....so my automatic update of windows 10 operating system is switched off...only operates on my command altho the defender update says it is automatic.i have to prompt every time....is this because of my "switched off " status.......
  8. Windows Defender - Quick Scan

Windows Defender - Quick Scan: Windows defender no longer offers a quick scan option. My options are: Scan Advanced Scan Full Scan Custom Scan Windows Defender Offline scan Whichever option I check, the scan will need to run for hours to complete. Is a quick scan available? How do I restore this...
  9. How accurate is quick scan on windows defender?

How accurate is quick scan on windows defender?: Can somebody who knows *or even* Works for windows defender? I could use a little inside how window defender scans and protects pc’s....
  10. Defender not Running Regular Scan

Defender not Running Regular Scan: I updated to Win 10 Home 1607 last Friday Aug 19 from Win7. However Win10 loaded with MSE. I managed to uninstall, then I enabled Defender. I read that Automatic maintenance will schedule regular scans for Defender. Is this correct? This has not happened since last...