Windows 10: Can you run sfc on a usb caddy drive with another machine

Discus and support Can you run sfc on a usb caddy drive with another machine in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello All, Is there a way to run an sfc on a drive partition that is on an external caddy that came from another machine, or does sfc have to run from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Stuge, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Stuge Win User

Can you run sfc on a usb caddy drive with another machine

Hello All,
    Is there a way to run an sfc on a drive partition that is on an external caddy that came from another machine, or does sfc have to run from the original hardware ?
    The drive chkdsk has zero errors. I think its a storage driver corruption and I can't load the drive in the original hardware. Many thanks, Stuart

- - - Updated - - -

I found the answer its option 1 and 2 of the tutorial
    Run SFC Command in Windows 10
    solved. Stuart

:)

Stuge, Feb 2, 2021

2. HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• How are you connecting the HDD Caddy?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are connecting the device using USB, I suggest you to check if other USB devices are recognized as USB devices or Other device. If it is displaying as other device, then the issue might be with the USB port. So, I suggest you to update the USB drivers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 2, 2021
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Feb 2, 2021
  4. BrentBH Win User

How to run a SFC /scannow command on all machines on a network?

I am having open tickets every day that are fixed by running a chkdsk and SFC /scannow. Windows 10 machines.

Remote Desktop errors, freeze-ups, etc.

I will be deploying a new windows image shortly to the masses, but in the meantime:

Is there an easy way (without an additional software purchase) to run a SFC /scannow on all the machines on the network in the background, silently?

I am aware of psexec, and it works, but it requires a list of the forty computers to be made manually (thru a bat file?). And I believe it runs one at a time? Is there an easier or better way than this?

Thanks.

ps: I am a newbie.

BrentBH, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Can you run sfc on a usb caddy drive with another machine - Similar Threads - run sfc usb

2. How can i run sfc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i run sfc?: If i run sfc scannow it says “windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation.” If i run sfc verifyonly it says “found integrity problems” https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-run-sfc/61e1c609-5fa2-4d01-bcac-26103aed5eba
  3. How can i run sfc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i run sfc?: If i run sfc scannow it says “windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation.” If i run sfc verifyonly it says “found integrity problems” https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-run-sfc/61e1c609-5fa2-4d01-bcac-26103aed5eba
  4. How can i run sfc?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can you run sfc on a usb caddy drive with another machine

in Windows 10 Support
    Can you run sfc on a usb caddy drive with another machine: Hello All, Is there a way to run an sfc on a drive partition that is on an external caddy that came from another machine, or does sfc have to run from the original hardware ? The drive chkdsk has zero errors. I think its a storage driver corruption and I can't load the drive...
  6. Can you transfer License from a dead computer to another machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can you transfer License from a dead computer to another machine: I had just installed W10 to an older Silverstone home built desktop just to make use of it somehow. I used a key my son had purchased as a 2 key set and hadn't used. This didn't workout as the machine is too old and a lot of the hardware is not supported. It is working but...
  7. Can you run SFC without DISM???

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can you run SFC without DISM???: I am curious, before I go wandering out in the mine field, is it advisable to run the System File Checker tool without having first run the DISM tool??? My copy of DISM doesn't seem to have the "Repair Image" function, but I would still like to check the System Files to see...
  8. Can you run SFC without DISM???

in Windows 10 Support
    Can you run SFC without DISM???: I am curious, before I go wandering out in the mine field, is it advisable to run the System File Checker tool without having first run the DISM tool??? My copy of DISM doesn't seem to have the "Repair Image" function, but I would still like to check the System Files to see...
  9. Move hard drive to another machine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move hard drive to another machine: I have a failed Dell 5755 laptop. I got a replacement. Same type machine. I would like to move the internal hard drive to the other machine. Since this other machine has the same hardware as the failed machine would there be any issues in doing so? I have the COA and...
  10. hard drive caddy

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    hard drive caddy: Can anyone recommend a reliable easy to use hard drive caddy for sata hard drives 123448