Windows 10: Can You Sanitize and Clean VERY Dirty Files that I NEED for Work?

Discus and support Can You Sanitize and Clean VERY Dirty Files that I NEED for Work? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My Sob Story I think somebody was having some fun with me this past week although to me, it felt more like a butt plugging. *Sick I felt like crying... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CerebralFreeze, May 20, 2020.

1. Can You Sanitize and Clean VERY Dirty Files that I NEED for Work?

My Sob Story
    I think somebody was having some fun with me this past week although to me, it felt more like a butt plugging. *Sick I felt like crying this week. The hacker was probably some lonely guy seeking attention. For a week, my Chrome kept crashing and then not crashing. And, last night, when I got the blue screen of death, I went into my smartphone to retrieve passwords. I couldn't get into my password manager. I don't know why. Same password as usual. And, whenever I would try to type in either the password manager or Chrome on my smartphone, the keyboard layout would close on me about halfway through over and over again.

Anyway, after a week of being played with, I decided to just reinstall my entire OS. I have Macrium Reflect so I made a drive image with Windows PE before I erased my entire SSD that contained all my programs and data.

Then, with Macrium Reflect, I am able to retrieve any folder or file that I want. My SSD is displayed as a folder tree and I just click to the folder or files I need.

Ok. Here is the problem. How to Get Rid of the Viruses in My Documents?

I know that some of my data is corrupt and probably full of something nasty like a virus, maleware, trojan, keyloggers, etc. (The 1st day of this craziness, RogueKiller found and got rid of a keylogger.) But, I have about 300 gigs of PDFs, Word documents, and other work items on the drive. The installed and portable programs I can easily just get new copies from a safe source. Better yet, I should refrain from using any 3rd party programs at all.

But, how do I clean the data? I used every single anti-maleware and anti-virus program to scan my drive this past week and they only came up with a few things each time. They obviously didn't find what ultimately caused my OS to brick.

Or, would the documents be relatively clean since they are only documents - simple files with words and formatting? Or, pictures with color layers? They would be relatively simple files and scans would probably tell me if they truly have a virus or maleware, no? Or is that wishful thinking?

Can someone with experience help a person down in his luck like me? If you're nearby, I'll buy you a beer!

Mr. Freeze

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

:)

CerebralFreeze, May 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, May 20, 2020
  3. Toothless Win User
    Silent boot failure

List your specs out and tell us each step in cleaning you did.

Toothless, May 20, 2020
  4. Mica2580 Win User

Can You Sanitize and Clean VERY Dirty Files that I NEED for Work?

Dirty disk C and blue screen

Hello, so first when I started a game ETS2 Multiplayer blue screen appeared and my PC crashed. Something like this was written on the screen: STOP: 0x0000001E (and a lot of zeros in these brackets). Following some steps on the internet I also realized
    that my disc C is "dirty". So I don't know if this is connected and I don't know how to fix this thing. Any suggestions? P.S. Also when I try to run PC in safe mode it is stuck on classpnp.sys

Mica2580, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Can You Sanitize and Clean VERY Dirty Files that I NEED for Work?

1. Can You Sanitize and Clean VERY Dirty Files that I NEED for Work? - Similar Threads - Sanitize Clean VERY

2. I have a dirty byte

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a dirty byte: I tried chkdsk and all, tell me ways I can remove this dirty byte without reset. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-dirty-byte/67275841-2f8e-443d-9111-3287ada0f355
  3. Cannot clean up dirty volume in any way

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot clean up dirty volume in any way: Recently my laptop has started showing the "Scanning and Repairing Volume C:" message on every single boot up. After doing some research and running some scans, I discovered that my C: drive the SSD on which Windows is installed is "Dirty". I have been looking for different...
  4. Cannot clean up dirty volume in any way

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot clean up dirty volume in any way: Recently my laptop has started showing the "Scanning and Repairing Volume C:" message on every single boot up. After doing some research and running some scans, I discovered that my C: drive the SSD on which Windows is installed is "Dirty". I have been looking for different...
  5. Cannot clean up dirty volume in any way

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. How to clean a dirty drive where windows is installed?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to clean a dirty drive where windows is installed?: Recently, my computer had an improper shutdown. Whenever it starts up, my computer "scans and repairs" the C drive for about 3 seconds then continues to boot as normal. Windows is installed on an SSD and when I run the commandchkntfs C: it says my C: is dirty. My computer is...
  7. How to clean a dirty/sticky laptop?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to clean a dirty/sticky laptop?: I had my dell xps 15 9550 since late 2016. I rarely use it by itself and have it hooked to 2 external monitors and an external keyboard. I noticed that when i finally am using it by itself with they keyboard without a monitor... my laptop is really dirty and sticky. Like the...
  8. How to clean dirty laptop physically/cosmetically?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to clean dirty laptop physically/cosmetically?: Have a dell xps 15 9550 laptop bought years ago. It works fine. The exterior of it is a bit dirty but because its silver, it looks good. Now when you open the laptop and look at the touchpad and the areas around the keyboard etc, there is like dirty fingerprints around that...
  9. Dirty Clean Installs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dirty Clean Installs: After three clean installs in a row, I found my efforts to fix my PC were undermined when each and every install was corrupt with an old slideshow on the new desktop, and some other settings that came from elsewhere/old pc from way back. Even with no internet hooked up for...
  10. dirty shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    dirty shutdown: random shuts down more and more. I see many many people share this problem. What is the latest solution? 34164