Windows 10: Can you select multiple open windows (not all) to close?

Discus and support Can you select multiple open windows (not all) to close? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In Windows XP, I was able to Ctrl+Click windows on the taskbar to select them, then right click on any one of them & close all (a context menu option).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by phrab, Jan 23, 2019.

1. phrab Win User

Can you select multiple open windows (not all) to close?

In Windows XP, I was able to Ctrl+Click windows on the taskbar to select them, then right click on any one of them & close all (a context menu option). Is there a way to do this in Windows 10? Is there an app that will do this?
    Thanks in advance?

:)

phrab, Jan 23, 2019

2. i cant open multiple apps on windows 10

Hi Jacklyn,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue. 

In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following queries:

• What happens when you try to open multiple apps?

• What exact error message are you get when you try to open multiple apps?

• Are you referring to Windows app or Desktop app?

I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps:

• Open multiple apps that you want.

• Right click on the task bar.

• From the jump menu select Show all windows side by side.
    I also suggest you to run app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Please get back to us with the above information, so that we can assist you better.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Jan 23, 2019
  3. Close all tabs warning disabled after update KB3116900

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the details.

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys, opens the Run Command.
    • Type inetcpl.cpl and hit Enter.
    • Under General Tab, select Tabs.
    • Select if the Warn me when closing the multiple tabs is
      checked
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 23, 2019
  4. Can you select multiple open windows (not all) to close?

Selecting apps to open files while using Open with on Windows 10

Hello Chris,

We realize your requirement in this regard.

Let me confirm that the apps or application that appears in the list of Open with depends on the selection and there usage. Sadly, we don't have any manual option for forcing this change that makes that app appears in the Open with list.

Suggest you to try using the app for multiple time, when you make selection with the Open with to see if it automatically appears for the next time.

Keep posted if you require further assistance.

Thank you.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jan 23, 2019
Thema:

Can you select multiple open windows (not all) to close?

1. Can you select multiple open windows (not all) to close? - Similar Threads - select multiple open

2. Close all open apps at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Close all open apps at once: Is it possible to close all open app at the same time in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-all-open-apps-at-once/d0354d73-317a-444d-903d-bf037861fb75
  3. Does this sound reasonable? Multiple windows opening and closing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does this sound reasonable? Multiple windows opening and closing: I will try to describe this as accurate as possible as it has happened a while back.I clicked normally as I always do on the files folder to open it on windows 10. Hp pavilion laptop. I saw a lot of windows opening as if I had clicked multiple times but I hadn’t or as if it...
  4. How to close all open windows at once?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to close all open windows at once?: How to close all open folders at once? I want to close all open windows without having to click on each one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-close-all-open-windows-at-once/3271c5a8-a75d-4981-a1ca-201d6e985992
  5. How to close all open windows at once?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to close all open windows at once?: How to close all open folders at once? I want to close all open windows without having to click on each one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-close-all-open-windows-at-once/3271c5a8-a75d-4981-a1ca-201d6e985992
  6. One Click Opens/Closes Multiple Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Click Opens/Closes Multiple Programs: Is there any way in Windows to be able to open and/or close multiple programs at once? For instance, I always run 3 programs when I'm working on music, but it would be more convenient if I did not have to close and open them individually each time I use them....
  7. One Click Opens/Closes Multiple Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Click Opens/Closes Multiple Programs: Is there any way in Windows to be able to open and/or close multiple programs at once? For instance, I always run 3 programs when I'm working on music, but it would be more convenient if I did not have to close and open them individually each time I use them....
  8. Closing all open tabs by mistake

in Windows 10 Customization
    Closing all open tabs by mistake: Hello there! I know I have seen similar posts as this regarding the unfortunate propensity of Windows 10 to close all open tabs without any warning when the top right 'X' is clicked. Until recently a warning appeared asking if I wanted to close all tabs or just the current...
  9. Close all open windows with one click.

in Windows 10 Support
    Close all open windows with one click.: Is there a way, or program I can install, that will close everything on the screen with just one click of a keyboard key? That's just one click, not using two keys with each other. Many years ago, I had a program that I installed and it closed everything open by one press of...
  10. Multiple Selection -> Open With?

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Selection -> Open With?: Let's say I want to multiple files at once with a specific app. I selected multiple files, and then right click. Where is the open with option? How can I fix this? 31640