Windows 10: Can you set up a Gmail email account on your computer for someone else?

Discus and support Can you set up a Gmail email account on your computer for someone else? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can you set up an email aaccount on your computer for someone else.? * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: gmail account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by daviddykes1, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Can you set up a Gmail email account on your computer for someone else?

Can you set up an email aaccount on your computer for someone else.?

* Moved from Community Participation Center

* Original title: gmail account

:)

daviddykes1, Feb 12, 2020

2. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Feb 12, 2020
  3. mdm-adph Win User
    GMail Accounts Get 3 GB of Storage Space

As a user of Yahoo's online mail (for the past 7 years) and Gmail (for the past 2 or 3, can't remember how long it's been around), I have to disagree with you.

I use online mail accounts like Yahoo and Gmail simply to catch email through a forwarder on a domain I own. The forwarder doesn't block anything -- it simply redirects all mail sent to it to an email address I set up, either at Yahoo or Gmail. I've had this same email address at this domain for about 7 years, so it's had time to get on a lot of spammer's lists.

When I set this forwarder up to forward mail to Yahoo, something like 50-60 pieces of spam get through to my inbox every single day. This isn't including the 3 or 4 hundred that get redirected to the junk folder. And that's just one day.

When I set it up to forward to Gmail, that number of spam emails that make it to my inbox drops to two or three.

So, either Gmail's server admins are more on the ball when it comes to spam, or else Yahoo's simply not trying hard enough.

mdm-adph, Feb 12, 2020
  4. FrankS Win User

Can you set up a Gmail email account on your computer for someone else?

gmail problem

Hi
    I have several gmail accounts and can sign into Chrome with each except for one.
    When I attempt to sign in with the problem account it tells me that the password is incorrect.
    Using Gmail's account recovery & 2 factor authentication gmail sends a verification code to my phone (which I receive).
    The next step is to enter the verification code into account recovery which it accepts.
    It then states that it will send a code to my recovery email address.
    However, I don't receive the email.
    I've attempted using a different recovery email address with no luck.
    Now the email account is working since it receives (& sends) emails daily (vial Mailbird).
    It's just not possible to sign into Chrome with it.
    Any suggestions?

FrankS, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Can you set up a Gmail email account on your computer for someone else?

1. Can you set up a Gmail email account on your computer for someone else? - Similar Threads - set Gmail email

2. My laptop settings is logged into someone elses account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop settings is logged into someone elses account: I am logged into a friend's account for some reason on the settings app and i can't log out in order to log back into my own account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-settings-is-logged-into-someone-elses/c7a40d2c-63d1-4a6d-910f-a72392fb21c9
  3. My laptop settings is logged into someone elses account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop settings is logged into someone elses account: I am logged into a friend's account for some reason on the settings app and i can't log out in order to log back into my own account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-settings-is-logged-into-someone-elses/c7a40d2c-63d1-4a6d-910f-a72392fb21c9
  4. Your Gmail account settings are out of date...

in Browsers and Email
    Your Gmail account settings are out of date...: I have started using the Mail app again on my desktop, as Outlook 2016 is so slow. The trouble is, I keep getting the message "your Gmail settings are out of date..." several times per day. I go in and enter my Gmail password but sometimes that only fixes it for 10 minutes!...
  5. How to remove someone else's email from my account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove someone else's email from my account?: Hello, I recently had a friend over who logged into their Xbox account on my Windows 10 PC. After they left, I went to use Chrome on the same PC, but this happened: [img] This was totally expected, because my Windows account is NOT part of a family. So I went to account...
  6. "Your GMail account settings are out of date"?

"Your GMail account settings are out of date"?: Hello! I've been under the notifications and in the May app above for months since I switched to Windows 10. I have already linked my GMX mail account with Google/GMail. After I log in with my data and click on "Allow" it says "Account will be repaired" but after a few...
  7. Can you disable the "someone else is using this computer" message?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can you disable the "someone else is using this computer" message?: So recently I got a new computer and every time I click "shutdown" it tells me "someone else might be using this computer" and it's really getting on my nerves!...
  8. You can now set up swipe actions in Gmail on iOS

in Windows 10 News
    You can now set up swipe actions in Gmail on iOS: Quick launch summary You can now set up swipe actions in Gmail on iOS to do any of the following actions: Archive, Trash, Mark as read/unread, Snooze, and Move to. We recently announced a brand new mobile redesign for Gmail with many new productivity improvements.To help...
  9. Account on someone elses PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Account on someone elses PC: A whiIe ago I added my xbox account to a friend’s laptop because it gave me the standard “add you account to access your account features and track achievements and all that?” messge. I clicked yes abd after that his account could not access things like the web browser. He...
  10. Your Gmail account settings are out of date

Your Gmail account settings are out of date: I continue to see "account needs to be fixed" in my mailbox, and when I ask to fix it, and then troubleshoot to Settings/Manage Accounts, I do not have boxes associated with Require SSL for Incoming/Outgoing mail. Now what?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. create gmail account on some else computer

2. can i setup a email for someone else

3. Can i legally set up a gmail account for someone else

4. how to set up gmail on laptop for someone else