Windows 10: Can you setup Windows to require input before printing?

Discus and support Can you setup Windows to require input before printing? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to create some accountability and tracking for print jobs. Our company has a shared computer that connects to a couple of printers that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by slimpnode, Jan 9, 2019.

1. slimpnode Win User

Can you setup Windows to require input before printing?

I am trying to create some accountability and tracking for print jobs. Our company has a shared computer that connects to a couple of printers that print expensive jobs on expensive material and there has been a lot of waste. I'm wondering if there is a way to configure Windows to display a dialog box that requires input, like an employee id and/or job number, before it prints. I would then want to be able to run reports on that information. If anyone has any ideas on how to set that up I would appreciate it. Thanks.

:)

slimpnode, Jan 9, 2019
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Input language English, Keyboard German

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the Keyboard layout in Windows 10, let me assist you.

This issue might occur if the input method settings are not configured properly.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel from the menu.

• Click on Clock, Language, and Region option.

• Click on Language and click on
      Advanced settings
      in the left pane.

• Select the required input in the drop down menu under
      Override for default input method

• Click on Save.

If the required language is not listed, follow the steps below to add the required language and then perform the above mentioned changes.

• Press Windows key + I
      key and select Time & Language.

• Click on Region & language in the left pane, click on
      Add a language and select the required language from the list.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Can you setup Windows to require input before printing? - Similar Threads - setup require input

2. there is no print preview before printing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    there is no print preview before printing: i am unable to get print preview. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-print-preview-before-printing/e2ca51c3-dac4-4774-8c71-c4eff0081f7d
  3. there is no print preview before printing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    there is no print preview before printing: i am unable to get print preview. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-print-preview-before-printing/e2ca51c3-dac4-4774-8c71-c4eff0081f7d
  4. there is no print preview before printing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. before you can perform print related tasks such as page setup you need to install a printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    before you can perform print related tasks such as page setup you need to install a printer: this error is happened in fnw 137 printer....how can l fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/before-you-can-perform-print-related-tasks-such-as/335b0d01-6ad4-400c-a791-9177d5f0fee2
  6. before you can perform print related tasks such as page setup you need to install a printer

before you can perform print related tasks such as page setup you need to install a printer: this error is happened in fnw 137 printer....how can l fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/before-you-can-perform-print-related-tasks-such-as/335b0d01-6ad4-400c-a791-9177d5f0fee2
  7. before you can perform print related tasks such as page setup you need to install a printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Can you boot Windows Setup with drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you boot Windows Setup with drivers?: I am trying to install Windows a very clean way. Just wanted to know that if I can boot the Windows Setup which I believe is built on Windows PE, with drivers. I tried injecting drivers into the ISO, but the Setup does not start with those drivers....
  9. Can you boot Windows Setup with drivers?

Can you boot Windows Setup with drivers?: I am trying to install Windows a very clean way. Just wanted to know that if I can boot the Windows Setup which I believe is built on Windows PE, with drivers. I tried injecting drivers into the ISO, but the Setup does not start with those drivers....
  10. There's no print preview before printing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There's no print preview before printing.: I'm trying to print multiple images on the same page. I'm printing by right-clicking directly from the file explorer. After clicking "print" it instantly starts printing without even asking if I'm sure about it....