Windows 10: Can you shut off automatic windows update restarts in home edition / professional?

Discus and support Can you shut off automatic windows update restarts in home edition / professional? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have windows 10 home edition. From my understanding there is no way for the user to prevent automatic restarts of the computer due to windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Vivek Kumar Gupta (vkg9), Jan 18, 2019.

1. Can you shut off automatic windows update restarts in home edition / professional?

Hello, I have windows 10 home edition. From my understanding there is no way for the user to prevent automatic restarts of the computer due to windows updates? I usually have programs running overnight and lose all my data when my computer automatically restarts. Does windows 10 professional have the same issue? If not I will consider upgrading to windows 10 professional.

:)

Vivek Kumar Gupta (vkg9), Jan 18, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jan 18, 2019
  3. ilgoldman Win User
    Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Can you shut off automatic windows update restarts in home edition / professional? :confused:*Mad Can you shut off automatic windows update restarts in home edition / professional? :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Jan 18, 2019
  4. bigscale Win User

Can you shut off automatic windows update restarts in home edition / professional?

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Can you shut off automatic windows update restarts in home edition / professional?

1. Can you shut off automatic windows update restarts in home edition / professional? - Similar Threads - shut off automatic

2. Transfer windows 10 professional edition to windows 11 professional edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer windows 10 professional edition to windows 11 professional edition: Evening helpdesk,I am struggling to transfer my windows 10 pro retail license key from my desktop to my new laptop that has been reformatted to windows 11 pro. I have linked my digitally signed license from the win 10 pro desktop to my outlook account and I cannot activate my...
  3. Transfer windows 10 professional edition to windows 11 professional edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer windows 10 professional edition to windows 11 professional edition: Evening helpdesk,I am struggling to transfer my windows 10 pro retail license key from my desktop to my new laptop that has been reformatted to windows 11 pro. I have linked my digitally signed license from the win 10 pro desktop to my outlook account and I cannot activate my...
  4. Prevent Windows 10 Professional from restarting automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent Windows 10 Professional from restarting automatically: Can anyone verify if this works:Open gpedit.msc configure TWO things:1 "No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic updates installations" - Enabled - Why? Because it says "Note: This policy applies only when Automatic Updates is configured to perform...
  5. How do you Disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates in Home Edition?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you Disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates in Home Edition?: I've been having this problem for several years now and it's been getting progressively worse... I need my computer for online school... So having it down for a couple of weeks is not good...Every time there is an upcoming update usually about 2ish weeks before the update...
  6. Updates shut off computer and stop remote access unless you can manually restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates shut off computer and stop remote access unless you can manually restart: I have three computers using windows 10. Since the Pandemic I work for weeks at a time away from home. Last week Microsoft did a major update that shut down each machine and stopped me from using them because it went off line. Microsoft should not send an update unless the...
  7. How to turn off the Cortona Serch at the Windows 10 home edition and professional edition

in Cortana
    How to turn off the Cortona Serch at the Windows 10 home edition and professional edition: I want to turn off the Cortona Search availale with the Windows 10 home and professional edition which has become a source of disitraction for my daughter as she can surf the internet at any point of time ; even during the online classes. Please suggest me in this regard so...
  8. You can now set the target Windows 10 version in professional editions

in Windows 10 News
    You can now set the target Windows 10 version in professional editions: Microsoft removed the option to defer feature updates in the Settings application in Windows 10 version 2004 for professional versions of the operating system. The option was never there to begin with for the Home editions. Administrators may still use the Group Policy to...
  9. To upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Professional Edition

To upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Professional Edition: Hi, I've just got my pre-installed Windows 10 Home Edition with a genuine digital OEM product key. I'm wondering if I need to purchase for a new product key to upgrade it to Windows 10 Professional Edition? And how much will it cost?...
  10. shut off window 10 automatic updates.

shut off window 10 automatic updates.: I am so royally pissed at MS because they have become so intrusive and controlling with W10 edition. I have everything off in my update settings and yet it still does not allow me to pick and choose which updates I want installed and when I want them installed. We're not damn...