Windows 10: Can you specify which screen to use when starting apps?

Discus and support Can you specify which screen to use when starting apps? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use four monitors on my system. Win 10 Pro x64 (actually every version of Windows) seems to start apps in the last monitor the app was closed in. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mfaklis, Aug 26, 2015.

1. mfaklis Win User

Can you specify which screen to use when starting apps?

I use four monitors on my system. Win 10 Pro x64 (actually every version of Windows) seems to start apps in the last monitor the app was closed in. I would rather specify which monitor to start an app in. Has anyone discovered how to do this?

:)

mfaklis, Aug 26, 2015
  2. __CC Win User

Error: "To use System Restore, you must specify which Windows installation to restore. Restart this computer, select an operating system, and then select System Restore" on Windows 10

Hey All,

I have finally reinstalled Windows 10 on my PC, and it's running beautifully. wbb05's method (I think; I don't remember all the damn errors it threw) fixed this particular problem.

I found the problem with mine; however, it was my hardware, not the system. Or maybe both, I'm not sure. Anyway, both my HDD and RAM were coming on four years old, and decided to quit, resulting in a huge mess that barely booted into the Installer.

Bottom line: when in doubt, check your DDR3... Ok fine it doesn't rhyme. I upgraded to a SSD and doubled my RAM, so it's even faster than before!

Just thought I'd throw what I went through out there.

3. Error: "To use System Restore, you must specify which Windows installation to restore. Restart this computer, select an operating system, and then select System Restore" on Windows 10

Pretty much same thing. Went out for lunch, came back and now I've been dealing with this all night!

Nona Drake, Aug 26, 2015
  4. Can you specify which screen to use when starting apps?

this has been bugging me since.... well, forever. as far as I know, the only way to achieve this is through 3rd party software. Auto sizer ( AutoSizer - Download ) has been a go to for me since XP.

joeypent69, Aug 27, 2015
Thema:

Can you specify which screen to use when starting apps?

1. Can you specify which screen to use when starting apps? - Similar Threads - specify screen starting

2. How to know which service belongs to which app? or which service is used by which app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to know which service belongs to which app? or which service is used by which app?: I wanted to stop unwanted services from my task manager but want to know that which service is used by which app because I don't want to end a service which is important or I want that service....
  3. Blue screen when you start the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen when you start the computer: When you start the computer, right after entering the Pin.The Blue Screen started appearing when I was playing Microsoft Games' Jigsaw, but after one of these restarts it appears right after a restart when I enter the pin.SpanishAl arrancar el ordenador, justo después de...
  4. Blue screen when you start the computer

Blue screen when you start the computer: When you start the computer, right after entering the Pin.The Blue Screen started appearing when I was playing Microsoft Games' Jigsaw, but after one of these restarts it appears right after a restart when I enter the pin.SpanishAl arrancar el ordenador, justo después de...
  5. When I try to open up a folder/app in the desktop, the screen freezes. Can use the start...

When I try to open up a folder/app in the desktop, the screen freezes. Can use the start...: I'm having issues with my PC where the desktop and windows freezes up. The whole system does not freeze up. For example, if I was to open up 'This PC' from the desktop, the desktop freezes and This PC stays highlighted . But I can go to the Start Menu and search for 'This PC'...
  6. Which free apps can I use to pin wide tiles of executables on Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which free apps can I use to pin wide tiles of executables on Start Menu?: TileConfier doesn't allow to pin wide tiles, so I was looking for some free apps that can do this. I also came across an app called edgeTile but I don't know how to use it, it's very complicated. submitted by /u/Secure_Height6304 [link] [comments]...
  7. Can not perform a system recovery because "you must specify which Windows installation to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can not perform a system recovery because "you must specify which Windows installation to...: Hi, I need to perform a system recovery because I was foolish enough to follow the support advice on this page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/968132/usb-devices-may-stop-functioning-correctly-when-multiple-devices-conne and uninstalled the USB root hub. However...
  8. Can you block apps and programs for a specified amount of time?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can you block apps and programs for a specified amount of time?: There is an app that I use very frequently, to the point where it's becoming a distraction from my work and my studies. However, I still sort of need it, I'm just on it too much. Is there a way you can block apps for a specific amount of time on Windows 10?...
  9. To use System Restore you must specify which Windows installation to restore

in Windows 10 News
    To use System Restore you must specify which Windows installation to restore: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]There are situations where you need to perform the System Restore operation. But at times you may face an error – To use System Restore you must specify which Windows installation to restore. This error is caused due to corrupted [...] This post To use...
  10. Encryption: Which App To Use?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Encryption: Which App To Use?: Hey guys, I don't mean to be a pest as I know this is an extremely busy forum, but I need some help. So, I want to make my HDD's more secure by using encryption. I've been using Truecrypt and it's perfect for me, but everyone keeps telling me I need to move onto another...