Windows 10: Can you start a VPN connection by typing in Start menu

Discus and support Can you start a VPN connection by typing in Start menu in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I first sign into my computer, I tend to start all of the apps I want by typing <windows key> and then typing the name of the app I want to start.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/joetron2030, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Can you start a VPN connection by typing in Start menu

When I first sign into my computer, I tend to start all of the apps I want by typing <windows key> and then typing the name of the app I want to start. Does anyone know if there's a way to start a VPN connection with this method? Or is my only option clicking on the networking icon in the taskbar notification area to select the VPN connection I want with a mouse click?

I've tried searching on Google but can't seem to find anything that answers this.

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/joetron2030
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/joetron2030, Sep 3, 2020

2. Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Knoxx29 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Can you start a VPN connection by typing in Start menu

start menue

We appreciate your response and the information provided. We suggest that you follow these troubleshooting steps and see if they help:

• Start a CMD window (Windows-X, Command Prompt)
    • Then type in C:\windows\system32\tdlrecover.exe -reregister -resetlayout -resetcache

Reboot is not required but a quick reboot may clear up any residual issues after the command is run.

Disclaimer: Corruption recovery removes any manual pins from
    Start menu
    . Apps should still be visible, but you’ll need to re-pin any secondary tiles and/or pin app tiles to the main Start view.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Can you start a VPN connection by typing in Start menu

1. Can you start a VPN connection by typing in Start menu - Similar Threads - start VPN connection

2. Can you copy start menu settings to machines?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you copy start menu settings to machines?: Took the time to really organize my start menu tiles. Wondering if there was a way to back that up or copy the settings to other machines in my home. submitted by /u/LeadKisses [link] [comments]...
  3. can you change the slideshow on start menu?

can you change the slideshow on start menu?: is it possible to change the folder/album that the photos app on the start menu uses for it's live tile slide show? submitted by /u/venzo2704 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jeh8cj/can_you_change_the_slideshow_on_start_menu/
  4. Can you pin the Start Menu to a different Montior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can you pin the Start Menu to a different Montior: Hi, I am running a 3 monitor system and i just want to know if you can have the start up menu always open one of them so as im working and i need a different app i can just look at the monitor and click on what i need? Thanks...
  5. Cant type in start menu

Cant type in start menu: Hello, whenever I start my computer, I can't search anything on the start menu, but when I do C:\Windows\System32\ctfmon.exe on the run thing, it works. Aside from that, I'm seeing problems on my windows such as a lot of apps will just immediately close when I try to open it,...
  6. Cannot Type in Windows Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Type in Windows Start Menu: I have tried nearly all fixes I have found online, including reinstalling Cortana, running ctfmon.exe, SFC scannow, and DISM, but none of it has worked. I have also tried creating a new user account to see if it was an issue with my account specifically, but the new account...
  7. Can't type in start menu?

Can't type in start menu?: After Windows automatically restart to install their amazing new update, I can no longer type in the start menu. I have tried nearly all fixes I have found online, including reinstalling Cortana and running ctfmon.exe, but none of it has worked. This issue only started when...
  8. What can you pin to start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What can you pin to start menu?: So what exactly can be pinned to start menu in Win10? Applications, obviously, Folders, Settings from modern Settings App, Settings from Control Panel, Websites, through Edge menu, Websites, by creating "application view" in IE11, OneNote notes and notebooks through modern...
  9. You Tube on Start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You Tube on Start menu: I was at Staples today and all the laptops they had on their counters had a You Tube tile on their Start Menu. Mine does not! Can anyone tell me how to get it? You Tube (by whatever name) is not listed in my All Apps. I can place a shortcut on my desktop but I cannot pin it...
  10. You can make the type on the start menu larger.

in Windows 10 Support
    You can make the type on the start menu larger.: Hi This doesn't actually give you a lot of choices buy it will make the type bigger. Go to PC Settings, select the Display tab, at the bottom there is the More Options, option. Set it to Larger and the type on the Start Menu will get a lot bigger. I'd rather have...