Windows 10: Can you still do a free upgrade from win 8.1 to win 10

Discus and support Can you still do a free upgrade from win 8.1 to win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is it still possible to free upgrade from win 8.1 to win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Adrmor2, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Adrmor2 Win User

Can you still do a free upgrade from win 8.1 to win 10

Is it still possible to free upgrade from win 8.1 to win 10

:)

Adrmor2, Jan 14, 2019
  2. Keith_O Win User

Upgrading from WIN 8 to Win 10

hello,

I have a desktop running Win 8

Can anyone provide a step by step upgrade path/instructions to delete Win 8 and load/run Win 10..

thanks

Keith_O, Jan 14, 2019
  3. RealNeil Win User
    Win 10 boots...

I can't answer to the speed of Win-8 booting. I tried the Win-8 preview and went back to Win-7 after a month. They say that Win-8.1 is a lot better than Win-8 was.
    My Win-10 TP is working well ATM.

RealNeil, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Can you still do a free upgrade from win 8.1 to win 10

Can't upgrade from Win 8 to Win 10

Jessen P -- Thanks for responding. I looked at the link you provided, but it just provides a small list of error codes and possible causes for the error. Didn't see any steps to take to resolve the issue. And none of the listed error codes are the
    same as the one I got 0x80070006-0x90016 when I tried to upgrade to win 10.

PhilSaxton, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Can you still do a free upgrade from win 8.1 to win 10

1. Can you still do a free upgrade from win 8.1 to win 10 - Similar Threads - still free upgrade

2. free upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    free upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10: I bought a desktop having Win 8.1 years ago and it still run smoothly.I had free upgraded to Win 10 through Windows security updates when Microsoft announced on its web, but seems not good to use and recovered to Win 8.1 after using Win 10 for a while.Is there any free...
  3. free upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    free upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10: I bought a desktop having Win 8.1 years ago and it still run smoothly.I had free upgraded to Win 10 through Windows security updates when Microsoft announced on its web, but seems not good to use and recovered to Win 8.1 after using Win 10 for a while.Is there any free...
  4. upgrade from win 8 to win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from win 8 to win 10: hi can I upgrade my win 8 on a tablet samsung Ativ tab3 to win 10 thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-8-to-win-10/61700be7-585e-4c5c-8493-1a14befff78e
  5. cant upgrade from win 8 to win 10

cant upgrade from win 8 to win 10: 1. I have bought a genuine key of wins 10 pro 2. I had downloaded windows upgrade assistant and it started its work and after downlaoding 100% it says windows needs your attention on this ……. the following app is not compatible with windows uninstall it manually but...
  6. Is Windows 10 still free to upgrade from Win 8.1?

Is Windows 10 still free to upgrade from Win 8.1?: Does anyone can confirm if a Sony Vaio laptop with Windows 8.1 can be upgraded to Windows 10 using the Product Key in the System info? Don't know the Windows 8.1 license key only the Product key! 128341
  7. Transfer Win 10 (free upgrade from win 8) to a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Win 10 (free upgrade from win 8) to a new hard drive: I'm upgrading my brothers PC from a decently bad OEM computer, but as recompense, I'm taking his 1 tb drive, and I want to transfer everything to a 320gb drive. However, the windows 10 on his computer is from the free upgrade promotion a while back, the computer originally...
  8. Free Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 - still waiting

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Free Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 - still waiting: My wife finally cracked and asked me to get her Laptop upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 for free - it was July 27. Clicked on the white windows upgrade icon in the system tray and was advised that the upgrade had been reserved/confirmed. I'm not usually impatient and I guess...
  9. Win 10 a "refresh" or an "upgrade" from Win 7 and Win 8?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 a "refresh" or an "upgrade" from Win 7 and Win 8?: I have been under the impression that Win 10 may be like an upgrade so you don't have to re-install all your desktop programs. If it is a "refresh" what a pain *Sad If it is an upgrade will it kill Windows Media Center or might it actually survive to run in Win 10? 5917
  10. Still no end to free upgrade to win 10 from Win 7!

Still no end to free upgrade to win 10 from Win 7!: Just bought a pre-loved laptop for Mrs (Sheelba, as I like to think of her) for our 34th Wedding anniversary. She already has a pre-hated android tablet which she won't use 'cos it hates her back too! I saw the Dell Latitude E6400 on Tuesday, and bought it the next day,...