Windows 10: Can you still get a virus with your windows 10 in s-mode?

Discus and support Can you still get a virus with your windows 10 in s-mode? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just curious, went on a website and it randomly downloaded this msi file, I deleted it and recycled my bin, my laptop runs in s-mode, is it still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vxlentina, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Can you still get a virus with your windows 10 in s-mode?

Just curious, went on a website and it randomly downloaded this msi file, I deleted it and recycled my bin, my laptop runs in s-mode, is it still possible i can get a virus from it?

submitted by /u/vxlentina
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vxlentina, Mar 22, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 22, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 22, 2021
  4. Can you still get a virus with your windows 10 in s-mode?

Virus...NOOOOO!

Then its not a virus, i thought its a little strange that a virus was still going in safe mode. But i dont know what to suggest it could be? Are you using the same pc to connect to the internet, just with a linux partition?

BradleyKZN, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

Can you still get a virus with your windows 10 in s-mode?

1. Can you still get a virus with your windows 10 in s-mode? - Similar Threads - still virus mode

2. Windows S mode- Can you switch in and out of windows S mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows S mode- Can you switch in and out of windows S mode: Can you switch in and out of windows S mode. submitted by /u/OFFICALDJCJ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/18dqgma/windows_s_mode_can_you_switch_in_and_out_of/
  3. Can not get out of S-mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not get out of S-mode: Hello,I can not get out of Windows S-mode. even though I tried the steps on this thread...
  4. Can not get out of S-mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not get out of S-mode: Hello,I can not get out of Windows S-mode. even though I tried the steps on this thread...
  5. Win 10 "S" mode virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win 10 "S" mode virus: I have an ASUS notebook running Win 10 in "S" mode. Supposedly, S mode has its own MS Defender antivirus, but somehow a "SYSTEM ALERT! Click here to remove virus" and "Viruses Found 5 your computer is damaged..." messages keep appearing. All messages come form the...
  6. Can you use Google Classroom on Windows 10 S Mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can you use Google Classroom on Windows 10 S Mode?: I am looking to buy my son a laptop for school work he is 12. I am contemplating purchasing a laptop with the Windows 10 S Mode however the school use Google Classroom so I need to know if the two are fully compatible. Thanks Caroline...
  7. Can you just pay to get out of S Mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can you just pay to get out of S Mode?: My new beautiful laptop is useless. I can not work or function the way that is valuable to me because for at least 2 weeks I have tried to get out of S mode. Does anyone know if you can pay to get out?...
  8. Can you download and use Zoom with Window 10 S mode?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can you download and use Zoom with Window 10 S mode?: Can you download and use Zoom with Window 10 S mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-download-and-use-zoom-with-window-10-s/74562b51-e6d8-49c5-b574-74eeb69f0b5c
  9. S mode still on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    S mode still on: I am trying to install some apps that required to be in the original windows mode. I have updated the Windows 10 S mode to the pro, but it still identifies the system when installing an app as S mode and not as a pro without the restrictions. What am I missing? What can be...
  10. How do you get out of windows 10 S mode?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do you get out of windows 10 S mode?: I need to install software that is not on Microsoft store. How do I get Pc out of Windows 10 S mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-get-out-of-windows-10-s-mode/1b2fe84a-97f0-4664-8fa7-2f7ad82e82ac"