Windows 10: Can you still upgrade to Windows 10 without losing data?

Discus and support Can you still upgrade to Windows 10 without losing data? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I used the Media Creation Tool to get Windows 10. And if I decide to upgrade to Windows 10 is there an option to keep all of your files?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WilliamMiles2, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Can you still upgrade to Windows 10 without losing data?

I used the Media Creation Tool to get Windows 10. And if I decide to upgrade to Windows 10 is there an option to keep all of your files?

:)

WilliamMiles2, Oct 31, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Oct 31, 2018
  4. EarthDog Win User

Can you still upgrade to Windows 10 without losing data?

Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

When trying to search for a driver on that motherboard, it doesn't say Windows 10 on it. My suggestion would be to get a NIC card of some sort that is known to work with the OS (most).

EarthDog, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

Can you still upgrade to Windows 10 without losing data?

1. Can you still upgrade to Windows 10 without losing data? - Similar Threads - still upgrade without

2. How can I activate Windows 10 without losing data?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I activate Windows 10 without losing data?: I have an old Toshiba Satellite. It came with Win 7 activated, I decided to upgrade every computer I have to Win 10. The upgrade went smooth on one, but two couldn't update for whatever reason. My computer reverted to Win7 but didn't activate. So, I decided to do a clean...
  3. How can I activate Windows 10 without losing data?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I activate Windows 10 without losing data?: I have an old Toshiba Satellite. It came with Win 7 activated, I decided to upgrade every computer I have to Win 10. The upgrade went smooth on one, but two couldn't update for whatever reason. My computer reverted to Win7 but didn't activate. So, I decided to do a clean...
  4. Install Windows 10 without losing data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows 10 without losing data: Hello there, on friday our customers laptop Asus, Windows 10 couldn't start properly. That was the error message. After a few restarts it booted into the uefi directly. But we can't wipe the device and do a fresh install, because there's data that need to be recovered. So...
  5. Upgrade to a bigger Windows M2 SSD without losing data

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade to a bigger Windows M2 SSD without losing data: Hello dear Windows10 Reddit-community, I am seeking for your help and advices. I do want to upgrade my "(C:)" M2 SSD to a new one with more storage. Sadly I do not have a second M2 slot. What is the best, less annoying or fastest way to upgrade without losing my data on that...
  6. Reset windows 10 without losing data

Reset windows 10 without losing data: Can i reset windows 10 without losing personal data and apps?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-windows-10-without-losing-data/9f42eba2-29d3-4dd1-8aea-d11ab71794ed
  7. installing Windows 10 in an upgraded pc without losing data is that possible?

installing Windows 10 in an upgraded pc without losing data is that possible?: I've just put a new motherboard and processor in my PC and windows 10 wont load, I need to get this running quickly what can I do and will I lose the data and setting I already have?...
  8. How to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 without losing data

in Windows 10 News
    How to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 without losing data: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When you upgrade from one version of Windows to a higher version, new features get added to your computer, and at the same time, your files & data remain intact and unaffected. This means that a user can use their [...] This post How to upgrade from Windows...
  9. Can you still upgrade to Windows 10 without losing data?

Can you still upgrade to Windows 10 without losing data?: I used the Media Creation Tool to get Windows 10. And if I decide to upgrade to Windows 10 is there an option to keep all of your files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-still-upgrade-to-windows-10-without-losing/695c2990-34e6-4140-958a-f1fbf1a0da2c
  10. Can you still upgrade to Windows 10 without losing data?

Can you still upgrade to Windows 10 without losing data?: I used the Media Creation Tool to get Windows 10. And if I decide to upgrade to Windows 10 is there an option to keep all of your files?...