Windows 10: Can you submit SHAs to be blacklisted by Windows Defender

Discus and support Can you submit SHAs to be blacklisted by Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; There is a way that you can submit files to be scanned for malware (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission) but is there a way that you... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ank1982, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Ank1982 Win User

Can you submit SHAs to be blacklisted by Windows Defender

There is a way that you can submit files to be scanned for malware (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission) but is there a way that you can submit a hash (SHA) to be blacklisted. This is a feature-set in other AV and AM platforms, and I was wondering if you can do that simply through Windows Defender (without having to upgrade to Windows Defender ATP).

:)

Ank1982, Oct 18, 2018

2. blacklisted

Hi kathleenwigington,

Thank you for posting on the Forum.

If your IP address has been blacklisted and you want to investigate, you will need to visit the blacklist's website, where you should see general listing reasons. If you find out why you were blacklisted, you can try to get it reversed. You may want to get
    in touch with the Network Provider for assistance.

Kind regards,

Viktorija L., Oct 18, 2018
  3. email address blacklisted

Thanks Nick for your response.

My answers are above.

Hazem Abbas, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Erica Le. Win User

Erica Le., Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Can you submit SHAs to be blacklisted by Windows Defender - Similar Threads - submit SHAs blacklisted

2. Website blacklisted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Website blacklisted: We have a MOVEit Transfer website that is forcing people to verify every file they want to download because of Microsoft's Defender SmartScreen. We've been told our site has been blacklisted. I'm assuming this is because of the announced CVE vulnerabilities by Progress...
  3. Website blacklisted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Website blacklisted: We have a MOVEit Transfer website that is forcing people to verify every file they want to download because of Microsoft's Defender SmartScreen. We've been told our site has been blacklisted. I'm assuming this is because of the announced CVE vulnerabilities by Progress...
  4. Website blacklisted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Un-blacklist?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Un-blacklist?: Recently my father complained about websites crashing and only showing strange geometric symbols. I figured out that data transfer to data collection sites like vortex.data.microsoft.com vortex-win.data.microsoft.com were responsible so I ran Destroy Windows Spying, which...
  6. CCleaner.com NOT on Microsoft Blacklist

in Windows 10 News
    CCleaner.com NOT on Microsoft Blacklist: Update: the original article (which was the source of this post) was removed yesterday, it seems that someone from Microsoft contacted the author of the article and that's why it was removed, this is what the new article says: CCleaner is not in any Microsoft Blacklist and...
  7. CCleaner.com in Microsoft Blacklist

in Windows 10 News
    CCleaner.com in Microsoft Blacklist: CCleaner.com is on Microsoft Blacklist. Microsoft blacklists the CCleaner.com site, automatically or manually blacked out if mentioned in official forums. The well-known site for downloading and executing tools for cleaning and optimizing Operating Systems will no longer...
  8. Website Blacklisted by Windows Defender SmartScreen But Unable to Determine How to Remove...

Website Blacklisted by Windows Defender SmartScreen But Unable to Determine How to Remove...: Earlier this week, we started having a website blocked by Windows Defender SmartScreen and Google Chrome. Chrome indicates it is some type of phishing issue. Windows Defender SmartScreen gives us very little information on what caused it or how to resolve it. The only...
  9. How to submit file to Defender for evaluation?

How to submit file to Defender for evaluation?: I have an app from a trusted source that defender has quartered as a threat. To be on the safe side I have submitted the file to several AV sites for evaluation and they are all reporting the file as safe. Is there a way to submit the file to Defender to have it evaluated as...
  10. Windows defender and Chrome preferences submit

Windows defender and Chrome preferences submit: Hi all! I don't know why but my Windows Defender insists to submit a file named Preferences located normally at C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default at every login, reboot, and time to time... Of course I deny it. Why on Earth should I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender add a blacklist