Windows 10: Can you switch users while having access to all files?

Discus and support Can you switch users while having access to all files? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Sorry if the title doesn't make sense, but I will elaborate. I have been using my father's Microsoft account for a while now because he gave me his... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by NeoTorres1, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Can you switch users while having access to all files?

Sorry if the title doesn't make sense, but I will elaborate.

I have been using my father's Microsoft account for a while now because he gave me his old computer. I attempted to change my local user to my own license by adding myself as an administrator account under "other users" in settings but it still asks for my dad's passwords when signing in. Am I stuck using the old account or is there a way to bring my desktop and all the other files onto another user under my account?

:)

NeoTorres1, Sep 8, 2019

2. File history on USB security user access

Hi,

To isolate this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File History folder.
    • Select all the files that you don't want to be accessed.
    • Right-click on the highlighted files and choose Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Select all the user account that you don't want to have access on your File History folder.
    • Click on Disable inheritance.
    • Lastly, click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Desiree Yau, Sep 8, 2019
  3. Cant switch users in Windows 10

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• What exactly happens when you try to switch users?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key altogether.

• Click on Switch User.

• Select the user with which you want to login.

If computer starts up with a user other than the one you want, login to that user account and switch user to the account that you need and check.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Jessen P Win User

Can you switch users while having access to all files?

Switching users in tablet mode has become impossible.

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if you are able to login to Microsoft account.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete key.
    • Click on Switch User.
    • Select the Microsoft account on the computer and try to logging in.

Note: You may need internet connection to access the Microsoft account.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Jessen P, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

Can you switch users while having access to all files?

1. Can you switch users while having access to all files? - Similar Threads - switch users while

2. Can I switch users while disk defragmentation is running?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I switch users while disk defragmentation is running?: Disk defragmentation has been running for 17 hours. Current status is at pass1: 40% consolidated. I need to login into admin user account. Would it be OK if I leave the current process as it is and switch users?...
  3. Can I switch users while disk defragmentation is running?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I switch users while disk defragmentation is running?: Disk defragmentation has been running for 17 hours. Current status is at pass1: 40% consolidated. I need to login into admin user account. Would it be OK if I leave the current process as it is and switch users?...
  4. How can I access all files with all users on local device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I access all files with all users on local device?: I have multiple users on my desktop PC, and I want all users to access all files across accounts. Just to be clear, I am not looking at how to share OneDrive files, everything is stored locally on a C: drive.How can I simply share apps and files so it's possible to use...
  5. How can I access all files with all users on local device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I access all files with all users on local device?: I have multiple users on my desktop PC, and I want all users to access all files across accounts. Just to be clear, I am not looking at how to share OneDrive files, everything is stored locally on a C: drive.How can I simply share apps and files so it's possible to use...
  6. Users - stopping other user from having access to my files- can do?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Users - stopping other user from having access to my files- can do?: Made another User account, but they have access to all my filesMade them a Guest, they can't get my Word files but they can access all the files in my D folder.Is there wany way to stop them?I've tried going to D folder preferences and security, but can't find the other user...
  7. Can you rename User Folder in Quick Access?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you rename User Folder in Quick Access?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/p0hi0km1zop61.png?width=306&format=png&auto=webp&s=4a4a38841a78f0ca175434ce762efc51d89e04f0 submitted by /u/andorejunior [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/metyzq/can_you_rename_user_folder_in_quick_access/
  8. user files are accessible to all users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    user files are accessible to all users: I am setting up a new computer. I am set up as administrator local account and I have added my kids as Other users local account-not administrator. I do not want to set them up as a Microsoft accounts. The new computer has one small hard drive for storing the operating...
  9. Can a hacker access all user accounts?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can a hacker access all user accounts?: Hello everyone! As you know, Windows allows you to set up multiple user accounts on one computer. If I got hacked, can the hacker access all user accounts, or just the one I was using at the time I was hacked? Thanks! :) 130220
  10. Enterprise users, Do you have access to CCB?

in Windows 10 Support
    Enterprise users, Do you have access to CCB?: Good morning dear windows 10 users. I have access to MVLS but it currently only has enterprise LTSB. I am looking for CCB. We do have software assurance so I know that if it were available it "Should" be there for download. I am wondering if any enterprise users who have...