Windows 10: Can you turn off camera access for all desktop programs but one?

Discus and support Can you turn off camera access for all desktop programs but one? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I know that you can turn it on and off for individual UWP apps, but it seems you need to blanket enable it for the desktop programs. Any way to limit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lojcs, Nov 21, 2020.

1. /u/Lojcs Win User

Can you turn off camera access for all desktop programs but one?

I know that you can turn it on and off for individual UWP apps, but it seems you need to blanket enable it for the desktop programs. Any way to limit access to all desktop programs but one?

submitted by /u/Lojcs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lojcs, Nov 21, 2020
  2. AndreTen Win User

Skype for Business' access to camera

Scroll down. Those are only Store apps listed. Other apps are listed below. First you turn access on, and then you have the list off other apps

Here is mine

Can you turn off camera access for all desktop programs but one? [​IMG]

Edit: and maybe some other program is using your camera at the time... only one can use it (at the time)

AndreTen, Nov 21, 2020
  3. tommyruud Win User
    Skype for Business' access to camera

Thanks, it worked!

For anyone else having the same problem:
    When activating the aforementioned setting you should restart Skype for Business completely. Mine Skype for Business still did not get listed in the lower list, but the camera is now activated.

tommyruud, Nov 21, 2020
  4. rjbiv Win User

Desktop app not accessing camera in Windows 10

Thank you Anthony. Just to clarify that I tried the suggestion you mentioned:

1. Go to a site that wants to use your microphone and camera.
    When prompted, choose Allow or Block (this option is missing)

1. Under "Privacy and security," click Site settings.
    2. Click Camera or Microphone.
    Turn Ask before accessing on or off (when toggling this feature I still am not able to use the camera)

In the windows 10 settings I see some desk top apps that have camera permissions but Chrome is missing.

Thanks again for your assistance.

rjbiv, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Can you turn off camera access for all desktop programs but one? - Similar Threads - turn off camera

2. Camera turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera turning off: Hi,Does anybody know how to stop my camera from turning off when it cannot detect a face. I was on video call with a friend and whilst sitting in a dark room my camera would turn off. How do I stop this as it’s very annoying....
  3. Camera turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera turning off: Hi,Does anybody know how to stop my camera from turning off when it cannot detect a face. I was on video call with a friend and whilst sitting in a dark room my camera would turn off. How do I stop this as it’s very annoying....
  4. Camera turning off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How can you set a desktop shortcut or something to insta turn off all windows 10 system...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can you set a desktop shortcut or something to insta turn off all windows 10 system...: I use a windows 10 laptop submitted by /u/wallpapersdance [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l575td/how_can_you_set_a_desktop_shortcut_or_something/
  6. camera can't be found on HP all in one desktop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    camera can't be found on HP all in one desktop?: Anyone else having problems with system camera? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-cant-be-found-on-hp-all-in-one-desktop/17bb12e2-f7cb-44fb-b639-321756acf0cd
  7. Hp All-in-One Desktop Camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hp All-in-One Desktop Camera: My new desktop camera HP TRUVISION HD CAMERA does not take clear photos. How do I correct this? Thanks You. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-all-in-one-desktop-camera/0dc1ddd4-6886-4498-be2f-8ba97c80c05d
  8. Camera keeps turning on/off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera keeps turning on/off: Camera keeps turning on/off within 2 seconds. Check below video. https://youtu.be/RGSssUGIS-w https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-keeps-turning-onoff/bb41aacf-56dc-4842-80b8-39f01a17bd65
  9. Can you turn the internal camera upside Down?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can you turn the internal camera upside Down?: Is it possible to turn the camera on your computer upside down in any settings or extra programs? I’ve had some problems with one of the two things holding the screen, and that’s why I’ve turned the computer upside down, but is it possible to invert the camera so i can still...
  10. How do you turn off One Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you turn off One Drive: How do you turn off One Drive? 19350