Windows 10: Can you turn the automatic scanning off in windows Defender.

Discus and support Can you turn the automatic scanning off in windows Defender. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, Can you turn the automatic scanning off in windows Defender ? If you can please you show me how to do this in windows 8.1 and windows 10 as... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MATTHEW60, Jan 19, 2021.

1. MATTHEW60 Win User

Can you turn the automatic scanning off in windows Defender.

Hello,

Can you turn the automatic scanning off in windows Defender ?

If you can please you show me how to do this in windows 8.1 and windows 10 as well.

I give a pc a though scan with windows defender once a month.

Thanks

Matthew

:)

MATTHEW60, Jan 19, 2021

2. WINDOWS DEFENDER is turned off

Hi Ahmed,

Since you're not able to turn on Windows Defender as well, we'd like to know if you have made any changes recently prior to this issue. In the meantime, you may follow the steps below on how to turn on Windows Defender manually:

• Type Windows Defender in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Go to Settings and make sure that the Turn on real-time protection recommended option is turned on.
    Same thing with the other members who are having the same issue, we suggest that you check if the service was setup to
    Automatic in the Services option. Please follow the steps that we've provided last
    September 3, 2017.

Let us know how if you were able to turn it on properly by changing the Startup type to Automatic.

Eileen Gal, Jan 19, 2021
  3. philc43 Win User
    how to cancel windows defender automatic scans?

Scroll to the bottom of the WD > Settings page and you can then select Open Windows Defender. You can then run a manual scan from the app. In my earlier post I explained that the automatic scanning is triggered via the Task Scheduler and that is where you turn it off or adjust the way it is triggered. As I said I have no problem with the automatic scanning - it performs unobtrusively in the background and usually only when the system is idle.

philc43, Jan 19, 2021
  4. jsfitz54 Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Can you turn the automatic scanning off in windows Defender. - Similar Threads - turn automatic scanning

2. Turn off Periodic Scanning in Microsoft Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn off Periodic Scanning in Microsoft Defender: Split from this thread.I was advised by Norton 360 to turn off "Periodic Scanning": unfortunately the paths in this article do not seem to exist in my Windows 10 installation old, but up-to-date with all required updates. There is NO selection for "Windows Defender". Advice,...
  3. How to turn off automatic scan setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn off automatic scan setting: Hello! As the subject says, I need to know how to turn off the automatic windows defender scan setting in windows 10 pro. Below is the screenshot of the automatic scan notification:...
  4. Automatic Scan in Windows Defender

Automatic Scan in Windows Defender: Can Windows Defender be set to automatically scan at desired intervals?[Original Title: Windows Defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/automatic-scan-in-windows-defender/f55df008-d13a-4d73-98ea-0b5ae3857f37
  5. Windows defender automatically turns itself off

Windows defender automatically turns itself off: Hello, my store app crashed after updating apps and I couldn't fix it for a day, whenever i tried to re sign it using powershell it said my firewall was off, I checked to see that no matter what I did, I couldn't turn it on so I decided to reset my pc, but after a couple of...
  6. windows defender while windows automatic updates turned off

windows defender while windows automatic updates turned off: Is there's a way to just keep Windows Defender automatically updates while stop windows updates ? i turned off windows update from group policy GPedit.msc but i want only windows defender updates is that can be possible ?...
  7. turning off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turning on windows defender antivirus and...

turning off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turning on windows defender antivirus and...: how to turn off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turn on windows defender and firewall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/turning-off-mcafee-virus-scan-and-firewall-and/4b616e99-6fc9-4d2b-9159-c9794cb6b1fe
  8. can't turn off windows defender periodic scanning

can't turn off windows defender periodic scanning: Hello, I turned on windows defender periodic scanning just to test it, but when I went back into settings to turn it off again, the settings options had changed and the toggle switch had disappeared, so it is no longer possible to switch it off. I've tried to follow the...
  9. Windows Defender virus periodic scanning keeps turning off

Windows Defender virus periodic scanning keeps turning off: I set Windows Defender virus periodic scanning to on. However, it keeps turning off, without giving me any notice. What can I do to keep it on? Or, at the very least, get a notice. The problem only started after a very recent Windows Update. I always install Updates...
  10. Can You Run Defender Quick Scans Automatically?

Can You Run Defender Quick Scans Automatically?: All my PCs routinely show a yellow marker on the Defender tray icon nagging me that a Quick Scan is due. Is there a way of configuring Defender to run these Quick Scans automatically when due? 135489