Windows 10: Can you undo changes to VRAM using regedit

Discus and support Can you undo changes to VRAM using regedit in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey guysSo I wanted to dedicate some of my RAM to VRAM to enhance game performance, so I watched a video from youtube that made me create a GMM file in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MelloBZ, Oct 31, 2022.

1. MelloBZ Win User

Can you undo changes to VRAM using regedit

Hey guysSo I wanted to dedicate some of my RAM to VRAM to enhance game performance, so I watched a video from youtube that made me create a GMM file in the intel part of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-SOFTWARE-Intel. Then I added a new key called GMM and created a DWORD called "dedicatedsegmentsize". It however caused my Laptop to slow down drastically after reboot because the RAM was cut in half. I thought deleting the file would help undo it but that fail. If anyone knows of a solution, PLEASE HELP.

:)

MelloBZ, Oct 31, 2022
  2. atl4nz Win User

Increase VRAM

My laptop comes with 128mgb of VRAM, which means it cant support most games that need more vram. I upgraded it to 512 VRAM using the regedit technique: is there any way to make it higher than that?

atl4nz, Oct 31, 2022
  3. K7AAY Win User
    Is it really possible to change default VRAM of GPU?

A Registry patch fix exists for Intel GPUs, but not for AMD.

I have not tried it (probably because Frogger is too high tech for me) but you can find it at https://www.thewindowsclub.com/increase-dedicated-video-ram-windows-10 which states in part:

I'd suggest testing performance in-game before and after to make sure this change is beneficial.

--

Follow the below steps to reallocate RAM as VRAM for integrated Intel graphics cards.

Open Run and type regedit then navigate to the following path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Intel

Right-click on the Intel folder. Choose New and click on Key. Name the key as GMM.

Select the new GMM folder on the left sidebar.

Right click on the right side of the Window and click on New from the drop-down menu.

Increase dedicated Video RAM in Windows 10

Choose the Dword (32-bit) and name it as DedicatedSegmentSize .

Double click on the DedicatedSegmentSize and click on the radio button with option Decimal to set the base to Decimal.

Enter the number of megabytes of RAM you want to allocate as VRAM in value data. Make sure you type a number within the range from 0 to 512.

Save to apply the changes.

Restart the system.

K7AAY, Oct 31, 2022
  4. John Sarc Win User

RAM to VRAM?

Hi Joe,

To change/adjust your RAM and VRAM, we suggest that you get in touch with your computer manufacturer, to get assistance from their experts on how do so.

Regards.

John Sarc, Oct 31, 2022
Thema:

1. Can you undo changes to VRAM using regedit - Similar Threads - undo changes VRAM

2. Can Regedit changes be reversed ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Regedit changes be reversed ?: I mistaken made changes to my regedit to change my system name and it has crashed my system and all my files are lost. I has very very important files. Is there any way I can undo the changes? I tried restarting multiple times but it didn't worked....
  3. Can Regedit changes be reversed ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Regedit changes be reversed ?: I mistaken made changes to my regedit to change my system name and it has crashed my system and all my files are lost. I has very very important files. Is there any way I can undo the changes? I tried restarting multiple times but it didn't worked....
  4. Can Regedit changes be reversed ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can you play game with RAM instead of VRAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you play game with RAM instead of VRAM: my laptop has 0 VRAM but it does have 8GB of normal ram and i want to buy a game, but it requires 200 mb of vram.Can i run it with my ram? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-play-game-with-ram-instead-of-vram/4d1d57bf-b331-4b23-8770-c994ed0fe076
  6. Can you play game with RAM instead of VRAM

Can you play game with RAM instead of VRAM: my laptop has 0 VRAM but it does have 8GB of normal ram and i want to buy a game, but it requires 200 mb of vram.Can i run it with my ram? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-play-game-with-ram-instead-of-vram/4d1d57bf-b331-4b23-8770-c994ed0fe076
  7. Can you undo changes to VRAM using regedit

Can you undo changes to VRAM using regedit: Hey guysSo I wanted to dedicate some of my RAM to VRAM to enhance game performance, so I watched a video from youtube that made me create a GMM file in the intel part of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-SOFTWARE-Intel. Then I added a new key called GMM and created a DWORD called...
  8. Regedit, manually undo changes does not seem to have an effect.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Regedit, manually undo changes does not seem to have an effect.: Hello, So I was trying to follow step from: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/2688326/can-t-open-exe-files-in-windows-7-or-windows-vista Click the Startbutton and type regedit in the Search boxRight-click Regedit.exe in the returned list and click Run as...
  9. Increasing Vram in Regedit, any down sides?

in Windows 10 Support
    Increasing Vram in Regedit, any down sides?: So I'm reviewing this 3D scanner for my YouTube channel and I'd like to use it with my laptop rather than my desktop. On my laptop the scanner software says there's not enough video memory. I found a YouTube video that explains pretty well how to increase this in the...
  10. regedit changes

in Windows 10 Support
    regedit changes: Made a change in HKLM, so that my numloc keys worked on start-up, previous version. Upgraded via update to 10166, Be advised for this change to become effective had to restart comp again. I know its SOP for reg changes but, on an upgrade. SO if you've made any changes...