Windows 10: Can you update Windows 10 on a 32 GB laptop using an SD card?

Discus and support Can you update Windows 10 on a 32 GB laptop using an SD card? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, This is probably a dumb question but I haven't seen a definite answer. Can you run the Windows 10 Update on a 32 gb laptop using and SD card... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dcook1313, May 23, 2019.

1. dcook1313 Win User

Can you update Windows 10 on a 32 GB laptop using an SD card?

Hi,

This is probably a dumb question but I haven't seen a definite answer.

Can you run the Windows 10 Update on a 32 gb laptop using and SD card instead of a USB stick? Asking since I read at one point it was not an option to use either to update.

:)

dcook1313, May 23, 2019
  2. emceedjcd Win User

32 gb micro sd for n8..

Watch out for anyone that says their selling a 32 gb kingston micro sd card. Kingston doesn't make a 32 gb card yet. Those are fakes.

I have a 32 gb sandisk card. So far, have had no problems. Used it mostly for my music. Easy to mount, and dismount.

emceedjcd, May 23, 2019
  3. SD CARD ERROR

Hi,

Since you already performed a hard reset and the issue was only resolved for a short period of time. We suggest that you format your SD card using the steps below:

• Connect your memory card to a PC with a USB reader that has a microSD card slot. If your card reader or PC has a regular SD card slot, you can use a microSD card adapter.
    • Use the File Explorer and browse to the removable storage on your computer, right-click the memory card and select Format.
    • For 4-32 GB cards, select the file system FAT32 and allocation unit size 32 kilobytes and press Start. For 64-200 GB cards, select the file system exFAT and allocation unit size 128kB.
    • Press OK to confirm the data loss warning message. When the formatting process is complete, press OK.
    • Restore only the data that is compatible with your phone (JPEG or MP4 in the photos folder or MP3 in the music folder).
    • Right-click the memory card, select Eject, and wait until it is safe to remove the card.
    • Insert the memory card into the memory card slot in the phone until it locks into place.
    After formatting a SD card, try to check if the issue persists.

If formatting your SD card didn't resolved the issue, we suggest that you use another SD card to check if the issue still persists.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Justin Sor, May 23, 2019
  4. Can you update Windows 10 on a 32 GB laptop using an SD card?

MY SD SAMSUNG 32 GB SD CARD NOT SUPPORT

I got to know that windows phone supports FAT format upto 32 GB ...
    just to be able to read an SD card? I think not. ... have not
    found the answer to .. me pls fast reply My phone is Lumia 535

Sourabhpal, May 23, 2019
Thema:

Can you update Windows 10 on a 32 GB laptop using an SD card?

1. Can you update Windows 10 on a 32 GB laptop using an SD card? - Similar Threads - update laptop using

2. Using SD Card in Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using SD Card in Windows: can i use a 2 terabyte sd card in my hp computer [Original Title: sd capacity] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-sd-card-in-windows/47a6af69-5c0e-416f-825f-28d14c38bbea
  3. Can I format Windows 10 using an SD Card?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I format Windows 10 using an SD Card?: I was wondering if I could format windows 10 using an SD card (micro SD + Adapter) of which I have already a port of that on my HP Laptop! I used a USB before (make the usb bootable using the CMD...) but never an SD card! My only concern is: in the process of formatting the...
  4. Windows 10 only uses 16 GB from 32 GB

Windows 10 only uses 16 GB from 32 GB: Hello, again!: When I've received the PC it have 16 GB RAM HyperX Fury 2666 Mhz (2x8). And when I go to place another two dimms exactly than the previous, Windows 10 says that reserve 16 Gb for hardware. I have detilded the square Total Memory in Msconfig, but nothing seems...
  5. Convert Micro SD Card To Fat 32

in Windows 10 Support
    Convert Micro SD Card To Fat 32: Hi I am looking for a free tool, to convert a 256Gb micro SD card from xfat to fat 32 Thanks. 158744
  6. Using SD card in an HP notebook/laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using SD card in an HP notebook/laptop: This is a simple question. I do not see the presence of my SC card in the Drives so I cannot see what is on it. Only C and D are showing up. I have successfully taken photos with it on my Canon PowerShot. Andwhy do I not see the icon in the hidden icons for removing the sd...
  7. Formatting micro SD card for use on laptop.

Formatting micro SD card for use on laptop.: Hi. My laptop has a slot for a micro SD card that I wish to put to use. Based on reviews, I purchased a Samsung 256 GB 100MB/s MicroSDXC EVO card. I plan on storing and playing my music from it, and photos on it since I have limited space on the SSD. Before I start moving...
  8. Formatting mucro SD card for use on laptop.

in Windows 10 Support
    Formatting mucro SD card for use on laptop.: Hi. My laptop has a slot for a micro SD card that I wish to put to use. Based on reviews, I purchased a Samsung 256 GB 100MB/s MicroSDXC EVO card. I plan on storing and playing my music from it, and photos on it since I have limited space on the SSD. Before I start moving...
  9. how to access a sd card on laptop using windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to access a sd card on laptop using windows 10: sd card on laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-a-sd-card-on-laptop-using-windows-10/9e45a804-ac86-4691-8d25-3d7f65527810"
  10. Using SD Card

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using SD Card: Can I use SD card as a recovery device? I don't have flash drive available with 16gb size because im planning on resetting my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/using-sd-card/d77d7bb6-b873-440d-9ec5-d769d2eae873

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to update windows 10 on 32gb laptop