Windows 10: Can you upgrade a Windows 10 Home OEM licence to Pro then install Windows 7 Pro on the...

Discus and support Can you upgrade a Windows 10 Home OEM licence to Pro then install Windows 7 Pro on the... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a machine that needs to be on Windows 7 Pro, the machine hardware is dying so we are needing to image it and move the image to another machine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Conor Powell, Mar 4, 2022.

1. Can you upgrade a Windows 10 Home OEM licence to Pro then install Windows 7 Pro on the...

I have a machine that needs to be on Windows 7 Pro, the machine hardware is dying so we are needing to image it and move the image to another machine. We then have a machine with a Windows 10 Home OEM licence, if we upgrade that to Windows 10 Pro then install Windows 7 Pro on the machine will it&nbs

:)

Conor Powell, Mar 4, 2022

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Mar 4, 2022
  3. qubit Win User
    Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

Where exactly did you get this "windows pro" key from? If it's off eBay or something, then perhaps you've been sold a dud key. Also, it's not clear if you mean you bought windows 10 pro or an earlier version of windows as there's no such thing as "windows pro".

Do you have an Windows 7 or 8.1? If so, install that, download the ISO with the media creation tool and burn it to disc. Then run it as an upgrade. After that, the components hash of your PC will give you a digital entitlement for a clean install, so just bought off that disc, wipe the partitions and install it clean. It will auto activate over the internet once installed.

qubit, Mar 4, 2022
  4. Can you upgrade a Windows 10 Home OEM licence to Pro then install Windows 7 Pro on the...

Frederik Long, Mar 4, 2022
Thema:

Can you upgrade a Windows 10 Home OEM licence to Pro then install Windows 7 Pro on the...

1. Can you upgrade a Windows 10 Home OEM licence to Pro then install Windows 7 Pro on the... - Similar Threads - upgrade Home OEM

2. Home to Pro upgrade on OEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home to Pro upgrade on OEM: I have a pc with an OEM Windows 11 home license. If I purchase a Win 11 Pro upgrade, is the upgrade transferable in the event that I change PC and downgrade the original?...
  3. Home to Pro upgrade on OEM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home to Pro upgrade on OEM: I have a pc with an OEM Windows 11 home license. If I purchase a Win 11 Pro upgrade, is the upgrade transferable in the event that I change PC and downgrade the original?...
  4. Can you upgrade a Windows 10 Home OEM licence to Pro then install Windows 7 Pro on the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you upgrade a Windows 10 Home OEM licence to Pro then install Windows 7 Pro on the...: I have a machine that needs to be on Windows 7 Pro, the machine hardware is dying so we are needing to image it and move the image to another machine. We then have a machine with a Windows 10 Home OEM licence, if we upgrade that to Windows 10 Pro then install Windows 7 Pro on...
  5. Windows 7 Pro OEM- Windows 10 Pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 7 Pro OEM- Windows 10 Pro Upgrade: I would like to repurpose some old Win7 Pro OEM licensed desktops by performing an Upgrade to Windows 10 using the Microsoft Media creation tool. After performing the upgrade they will be joined to an AD domain. Now from license compliance perceptive do I need any other...
  6. Buying Upgrade Licences - Windows 10 home to Pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Buying Upgrade Licences - Windows 10 home to Pro: Hey all... I've 15 new Laptops with Windows 10 Home. I want to upgrade them to Windows 10 Pro (small office environment.. I need Bitlocker). I can do it (buy) via the Activation upgrade option, but it wants to link to a Microsoft account. How can I get official genuine...
  7. Can I transfer an OEM Windows 10 Home licence that I purchased a 10 Pro upgrade for to a...

Can I transfer an OEM Windows 10 Home licence that I purchased a 10 Pro upgrade for to a...: Pardon if this has been asked ad nauseam, mildly tired and my reading comprehension skills are a bit tanked right now. Would prefer a simple yes/no response if that's not too much trouble. I have a laptop purchased in 2015 that came with an OEM version of Windows installed....
  8. Can a retail Version of Windows 10 pro Retail. Upgrade a Windows 7 pro OEM?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can a retail Version of Windows 10 pro Retail. Upgrade a Windows 7 pro OEM?: Because the recent windows 10 update my computer became unusable. I couldn't access the computer because the sign in prompt disappeared and trying to do an update rollback or repair or recovery through safe mode failed. So I had to reinstall my old windows 7 pro just...
  9. Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro upgrade Volume licence

Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro upgrade Volume licence: I have a school that has purchased a laptop with Windows 10 Home Edition activated by a Digital Licence. They wish to upgrade the laptop to Windows 10 Pro and have a valid Volume Licence MAK Key but the laptop will not accept it as valid. I have re-installed the OS from...
  10. Windows 7 Pro Retail upgrades to Windows 10 Pro OEM?!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 Pro Retail upgrades to Windows 10 Pro OEM?!: Hello, I current have Windows 7 Pro SP1 64 bit installed from a Retail (not OEM) copy. If I read the tutorials correctly, I understand that if I install the free upgrade to Windows 10, there is no product key and it is tied to my hardware. Even if I create install media,...