Windows 10: Can you use a ddr3 gpu in a ddr2 pc?

Discus and support Can you use a ddr3 gpu in a ddr2 pc? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a Dell optiplex 755 tower that I was hoping to use my Nvidia nvs 310 low profile card in but I'm getting the message that my Dell won't take it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by smirk30, Mar 27, 2020.

1. smirk30 Win User

Can you use a ddr3 gpu in a ddr2 pc?

I have a Dell optiplex 755 tower that I was hoping to use my Nvidia nvs 310 low profile card in but I'm getting the message that my Dell won't take it do to no graphic signal to my monitor and I noticed the PC fan is using more rpms then usual (based on sound)

Things I've tried.

1 changed bios setting to onboard instead of auto.

2 Updated the bios to A0 22

3. There is a grey goop on the capacitors that reminds me of thermal compound but the heads aren't bulging

:)

smirk30, Mar 27, 2020
  2. Teddy2016 Win User

Task manager reports ram is ddr2, but i am using ddr3 ram.

Hi!

If the m-b only supports DDR2, Then It would think DDR3 was DDR2.

Teddy2016, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Love-King Win User
    Windows 10 shows my DDR3 1333 as DDR2 RAM 800Mhz in task manager?

Why could my DDR3 show as DDR2 in my Fujitsu Esprimo P2560?

I'm using Windows 10 64bit

Intel Pentium Dual Core 3.2ghz e5800

6GB RAM.

Even when I remove RAM from the second slot, which I thought could be the problem, and use one slot, the RAM still shows as DDR2 instead of DDR3.

Will this affect the performance of my desktop PC?

I'm also using the latest BIOS update for the machine.

Love-King, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Can you use a ddr3 gpu in a ddr2 pc?

Windows 10 recognize my RAM as DDR2

so even my pc is ddr3 it's normal for the system detect it as ddr2?

Gugun Sutrisna, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Can you use a ddr3 gpu in a ddr2 pc?

1. Can you use a ddr3 gpu in a ddr2 pc? - Similar Threads - ddr3 gpu ddr2

2. My PC doesn't use external GPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC doesn't use external GPU: My pc Dell Vostro 12 3445 is not using external GPU i have installed official video drivers from dell's driver page for my laptop i also tried installing drivers from amd's website but it doesn't works for my software, as per amd's instruction to force softwares to use...
  3. Can you disable integrated gpus to use a discreet gpu instead?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can you disable integrated gpus to use a discreet gpu instead?: I have a Asus FX505DT-WB52 that has an integrated gpu on the processor and then an Nvidia 1650. And I'm wanting to disable the amd graphics and let my Nvidia card take over is this possible? The specs of the system I'm asking about is also located in the specs on my profile....
  4. Can you disable integrated gpus to use a discreet gpu instead?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can you disable integrated gpus to use a discreet gpu instead?: I have a Asus FX505DT-WB52 that has an integrated gpu on the processor and then an Nvidia 1650. And I'm wanting to disable the amd graphics and let my Nvidia card take over is this possible? The specs of the system I'm asking about is also located in the specs on my profile....
  5. single channel ddr3 vs dual channel ddr3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    single channel ddr3 vs dual channel ddr3: I've got two 10 year old laptops and I'm upgrading the memory to 8GB. On Speccy it's currently reporting the RAM as HP: DDR3 Single channel PC3-12800, 2 slots both used Toshiba: DDR3 Dual channel PC3-10700 2 slots one used I'm confused so please correct me if I am making...
  6. Can you make a gpu and cpu equal?

Can you make a gpu and cpu equal?: I have a laptop that has an integrated gpu and i was wondering if its possible to make the gpu and cpu equal. Kinda like amd apu setting but for intel. 147918
  7. Can you delete a printer you are no longer using?

Can you delete a printer you are no longer using?: I have a couple of printers listed on my printer list that I no longer use - don't even still have them - and I would like to delete them but don't know how. Does anyone know how - or even if they can be successfully deleted?...
  8. PC reading wrong DDR2 memory size

PC reading wrong DDR2 memory size: Hi, I've recently replaced a defective memory stick in one of my PCs and now it is reading memory size wrongly. The mobo is a POS-MIQ35AF (skt 775), CPU is a C2Q 9550 (2.83 GHz) and I have 4x2GB Kingston KVR DDR2 modules. Instead of reading 8192 MB it's reading 8064 MB....
  9. DDR3 question

DDR3 question: I am wanting to upgrade/add memory to my laptop and I am in confusion as to all the different types of compatible memory available. My system requires: DDR3 PC3-12800 • CL=11 • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR3-1600 • 1.35V You'd think that the above specifics are just that;...
  10. DDR3 vs DDR4

in Windows 10 Support
    DDR3 vs DDR4: Is there a significant difference between DDR3 ram and DDR4? Would it be worth actually upgrading my motherboard to one that supports DDR4? My specs... CASE: CM Storm Stryker CPU: Intel i5 4690K 3.5GHz CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO GPU: MSI GTX 1080 MOBO:...