Windows 10: can you use internal drive as back up?

Discus and support can you use internal drive as back up? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; will windows 10 allow me to use a internal drive in my computer for back up?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dave836, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Dave836 Win User

can you use internal drive as back up?

will windows 10 allow me to use a internal drive in my computer for back up?

:)

Dave836, Dec 7, 2019

2. windows 10 internal drive d how to take back ownership of the hardrive?

Hi Steve,

To help you with your concern regarding the internal hard drive, let me suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Right-click on the Drive D:
    • Select Properties
    • Click Security tab then select Advanced
    • Select Change after the Owner: line

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Dec 7, 2019
  3. little cat, Dec 7, 2019
  4. can you use internal drive as back up?

How to backup Windows 10 to separate internal hard drive?

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

Did you try assigning a different drive letter for the internal drive and checked if the issue persists?

If not, follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R to open the run command.

2. Type diskmgmt.msc and press enter to open disk management.

3. Right click on the internal drive and select "assign different drive letter and paths".

4. Click "change" and choose a different drive letter from the drop down list.

5. Save the changes and check the functionality.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

can you use internal drive as back up?

1. can you use internal drive as back up? - Similar Threads - internal drive

2. Internal OS drive to be used as external usb drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal OS drive to be used as external usb drive: Hi,I have a SER 5 Max mini Pc from Beelink. It came with windows 11 pro. It has 32gb ram and 1 TB Nvme M2 ssd on which all my softwares and windows is installed, and of course it is my internal bootable drive.Now I have taken this drive out and used the Nvme M2 slot for an...
  3. Internal OS drive to be used as external usb drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal OS drive to be used as external usb drive: Hi,I have a SER 5 Max mini Pc from Beelink. It came with windows 11 pro. It has 32gb ram and 1 TB Nvme M2 ssd on which all my softwares and windows is installed, and of course it is my internal bootable drive.Now I have taken this drive out and used the Nvme M2 slot for an...
  4. Internal hard drive isnt accessible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internal hard drive isnt accessible: Hi,My pc lately didnt start, and showed up some kind of error message and started "scanning and fixing" my internal hard drive.After almost 7 hours of 'fixing', it finally booted up. But now theres the problem i can not acces it. i have another ssd hard drive so im able to...
  5. Internal hard drive isnt accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal hard drive isnt accessible: Hi,My pc lately didnt start, and showed up some kind of error message and started "scanning and fixing" my internal hard drive.After almost 7 hours of 'fixing', it finally booted up. But now theres the problem i can not acces it. i have another ssd hard drive so im able to...
  6. Internal hard drive isnt accessible

7. Windows 10 Installation issue due to unable to locate internal drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Installation issue due to unable to locate internal drive.: Hi,My laptop has an issue so I decide to install a new windows 10. However, When I reach the 'Custom: Install Windows Only' stage where I have to allocate the drive here, There's no internal drive found and I couldn't add any drive or size here. Any one has any idea to solve...
  8. Windows 10 Installation issue due to unable to locate internal drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Installation issue due to unable to locate internal drive.: Hi,My laptop has an issue so I decide to install a new windows 10. However, When I reach the 'Custom: Install Windows Only' stage where I have to allocate the drive here, There's no internal drive found and I couldn't add any drive or size here. Any one has any idea to solve...
  9. Windows 10 Installation issue due to unable to locate internal drive.

10. My Internal C drive is slowly filling up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Internal C drive is slowly filling up: HI, my laptop's hard drive is slowly filling as I can see it when I got to this pc on the file explorer. I don't know why as this isn't any work laptop so I don't have anything installed by my work and I also don't install anything to my C drive, I normally install it to my D...