Windows 10: Can you use SYNC to restore your settings AFTER a WIN10 reinstall - YES or NO?

Discus and support Can you use SYNC to restore your settings AFTER a WIN10 reinstall - YES or NO? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My laptop has been getting oddly buggy from time to time and I've installed and uninstalled lots of programs and apps and moved things around so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JonMikl, Aug 3, 2021.

1. JonMikl Win User

Can you use SYNC to restore your settings AFTER a WIN10 reinstall - YES or NO?

My laptop has been getting oddly buggy from time to time and I've installed and uninstalled lots of programs and apps and moved things around so I decided it was time to back everything up and go FULL install from scratch! One thing I couldn't find was a place or setting that explicitly said it would back up my WIN10 settings and customizations. SYNC sounded promising because if it can duplicate your experience on other devices why shouldn't you be able to use it to restore the device that it started with! It doesn't. Na-da. Zip. Zilch. Firefox has a SYNC setting and you know what happe

:)

JonMikl, Aug 3, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, Aug 3, 2021
  3. Sync My Settings Not Syncing

I had a problem previously related to my sync setting being greyed out. Now i have my 2 pcs logged in with a online Microsoft account, all the sync settings are turned on with both pc's. Still it does not seem to be syncing. Any suggestions guys?

revelator1969, Aug 3, 2021
  4. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Can you use SYNC to restore your settings AFTER a WIN10 reinstall - YES or NO? - Similar Threads - SYNC restore settings

2. Sync Your Setting and OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sync Your Setting and OneDrive: Hello,The Sync Your Setting under Account - does this have anything to do with OneDrive? If I turn off all syncing in Sync Your Settings and clear it from the Microsoft Account, will OneDrive still sync?Thanks...
  3. sync your setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sync your setting: hi , i would like to ask you , why i cannot turn on my sync setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-your-setting/7cc59b12-3982-4d86-ae79-207c3373daeb
  4. sync your setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sync your setting: hi , i would like to ask you , why i cannot turn on my sync setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-your-setting/7cc59b12-3982-4d86-ae79-207c3373daeb
  5. sync your setting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Sync Your Settings 'some of these settings r hidden or managed by you'

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sync Your Settings 'some of these settings r hidden or managed by you': Hello Folks Im really puzzled by this one, i have been searching for endless hours for a fix and i have given up. It seems there are a load of different fixes and not all of them work. I have read lots and lots of threads, many of which dont have a solution. Some people in...
  7. Sync Your Settings 'some of these settings r hidden or managed by you'

in Windows 10 Support
    Sync Your Settings 'some of these settings r hidden or managed by you': Hello Folks Im really puzzled by this one, i have been searching for endless hours for a fix and i have given up. It seems there are a load of different fixes and not all of them work. I have read lots and lots of threads, many of which dont have a solution. Some people in...
  8. Sync your settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sync your settings: Have bought a new Desktop and when I try to Sync with my other devices I get the message ' Some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation' how do I change this to be able to Sync me settings. I have been told it was due to a Windows update, but my other computer...
  9. 'Sync your settings'

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    'Sync your settings': I am unable to sync my desktop and laptop. My desktop reads, "Some features are only available if you are using a Microsoft account or work account" and 'Sync settings' is off and greyed out. My laptop has 'sync settings' on. Both devices are set up the same way and I have...
  10. can win10 settings be synced on multiple computers

in Windows 10 Support
    can win10 settings be synced on multiple computers: I have win10 running beautifully after hours of configuring on my main computer, now I want to put win10 on 2 of my 3 other computers, is there a way to sync win10 so I don't have to spend additional hours configuring the other two computers like the first one? Thanks TC...