Windows 10: Can you use the installed win10 as a vm of its hard drive in anotherOS

Discus and support Can you use the installed win10 as a vm of its hard drive in anotherOS in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Can you use the installed win10 as a vm of its hard drive in another OS? For dual booting so you cna back track easily if a compatibility issue pops up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by ZippyDSMlee, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Can you use the installed win10 as a vm of its hard drive in anotherOS

Can you use the installed win10 as a vm of its hard drive in another OS? For dual booting so you cna back track easily if a compatibility issue pops up or are VMs always ran from an image?

I am about to test Linux again.....probably pop...

:)

ZippyDSMlee, Jun 19, 2020
  2. little cat, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Win10 empty hard drive

My hard drive which had win10 died. Since it was an out of warranty dell and I don't seem to have any install disks fr win 8, I was trying to make an iso on a flash drive to install on the new drive. However, EVERY time I use the win10 media tool I get
    that 08XXXX error. It will download, just not create the usb drive key.

Any suggestion?

Matthew770, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Can you use the installed win10 as a vm of its hard drive in anotherOS

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Can you use the installed win10 as a vm of its hard drive in anotherOS

1. Can you use the installed win10 as a vm of its hard drive in anotherOS - Similar Threads - installed win10 hard

2. VM's - What VM OS'es /hosts / virt progs are you using

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VM's - What VM OS'es /hosts / virt progs are you using: Hi folks I was just amazed that on a topic on XP I got over 10,000 views and another one over 14,000 -- so I thought would be interesting to get an idea of what VM's people are running, on what type of HOST system and what Virtualisation platform they are using -- I know...
  3. can you not boot Windows installation from hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can you not boot Windows installation from hard drive?: If I have a laptop with free dos and my USB ports are broken is there any way that I can boot the installation directly from hard drive? Can I trick my computer into thinking the hard drive is a USB or something similar to that? Or do I have to resolder my USB? too new to...
  4. I was wondering if you can still use an external hard drive to store overflow files if you...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I was wondering if you can still use an external hard drive to store overflow files if you...: This is my first time using a hard drive as a backup but I only have one drive and use it for other files my computer can't store and such. submitted by /u/vkuma [link] [comments]...
  5. Re-Installed Win10 - 2ndary hard drive is not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Re-Installed Win10 - 2ndary hard drive is not recognized: Hello, I've had Win7 on this machine since I bought it. Went through the ... upgrade several years back to Win10. That stunk so I went with a new install in order to resolve a lot of the issues I was having back then. This was years ago. After that install, I added a...
  6. Can Win10 and WinXP run on same hard drive

Can Win10 and WinXP run on same hard drive: Can I — and how do I— install Win10 without losing WinXP now running flawlessly on my desktop ? I have held back on the upgrade to Won10 because I have LOTUS SmartSuite that runing perfectly in WinXP and, until I know that it works also with Win10, I do not want to risk...
  7. I'm trying to install Win10 to a new hard drive.

I'm trying to install Win10 to a new hard drive.: I get a message about required partition missing. I put the hard drive onto a USB adapter and put a NTFS partition on it but still no joy. What's the story on "required partition" and how do I fix it?...
  8. Can I use the same Win10 license to install native AND as a VM under Linux?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I use the same Win10 license to install native AND as a VM under Linux?: My wife uses Windows for everything. I like linux, but need Windows for gaming. I have a copy of Win10 installed natively. I want to experiment with running games on a Win10 virtual machine under Linux. The enterprise evaluation copy I'm using as a VM now has already expired...
  9. How do I Install win10 on a hard drive using a bootable flash drive?

How do I Install win10 on a hard drive using a bootable flash drive?: I downloaded the Media Creation tool and used it and Rufus to create a bootable flash drive. I'm ready to use the flash drive for a clean install. There's a tutorial covering this topic - I read it last night, but cannot find it today. Can someone help? I remember there were...
  10. Accessing external hard drives in a VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Accessing external hard drives in a VM: I have always had a bit of an issue accessing my second hard drive (in a dvd caddy) on my laptop when I clean install to a VM (in Hyper-V for sure - but also in VMware from memory) as I always have to install specific AMD drivers (same happens if I clean install to host) as...