Windows 10: can you use the same product key to reinstall windows 10?

Discus and support can you use the same product key to reinstall windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; so my computer got stuck in the mode where everything is deleted and you have to reinstall windows, and this product key was used on this computer to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Africa1By1Toto, Aug 29, 2020.

1. can you use the same product key to reinstall windows 10?

so my computer got stuck in the mode where everything is deleted and you have to reinstall windows, and this product key was used on this computer to install windows originally, can i use it again?

submitted by /u/Africa1By1Toto
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Africa1By1Toto, Aug 29, 2020

2. Reinstall Windows 10 with OEM product key

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate.
    You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key
    you already ownto reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Aug 29, 2020
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Aug 29, 2020
  4. can you use the same product key to reinstall windows 10?

Windows 10 Product Key

Hi Oscar,

Since the laptop has no battery compartment wherein the product key is usually located, we recommend that you follow these steps to find your Windows product key:

• Press Windows + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter this command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
      and hit Enter.

Also, if you're looking to reinstall Windows 10 after a hardware replacement, we recommend that you follow the steps provided in this

article

Let us know if performing these steps resolved the issue.

Dennis Mop, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

can you use the same product key to reinstall windows 10?

1. can you use the same product key to reinstall windows 10? - Similar Threads - same product key

2. Is the Windows product key still the same after reinstallation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the Windows product key still the same after reinstallation: I got a virus while installing software on a newly bought refurbished computer running Windows 11. The virus prevents me from accessing anything as the screen is flashing constantly and I can click on nothing. I ran various usb rescue disks Trend Micro, Kaspersky but none of...
  3. Is the Windows product key still the same after reinstallation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the Windows product key still the same after reinstallation: I got a virus while installing software on a newly bought refurbished computer running Windows 11. The virus prevents me from accessing anything as the screen is flashing constantly and I can click on nothing. I ran various usb rescue disks Trend Micro, Kaspersky but none of...
  4. Same product keys after reinstallation using same installer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Same product keys after reinstallation using same installer: Hello, Whenever we install/reinstall the units OS Windows 10 PRO with OLP installer/Product Key, It does not activate automatically unless you key in the product key. But whenever we reinstall it using WIN10 Pro Retailer installer and used OLP Product Key it will activate...
  5. Can i use the same product key in the same pc?

Can i use the same product key in the same pc?: Hello so I need to redownload windows beacause of some problem now im wondering if i can use the same product key for the same laptop and i already have my bootable media....
  6. reinstall using product key

reinstall using product key: i had to clear my computer after i installed MSO using product key. i am not able to reinstall with same key now. HELP i am not good with computers so please be patient. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  7. Using the same product key twice?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using the same product key twice?: I've been thinking of making a new PC using Windows 10. I have a laptop that was once running Windows 7, but then got the free update to Windows 10 a couple years ago. Would I be able to transfer the Windows 10 key to a different computer and make it activated? If so, how?...
  8. Can I re-use the same key on the same computer when reinstalling Windows 10?

Can I re-use the same key on the same computer when reinstalling Windows 10?: Hello. I got my key as a gift ~2 years ago Home edition. I need to downgrade my Windows 10 build to the very old one. I know what I'm doing and I don't have a system restore point because I didn't even have this build installed. So, can I use the same key on the same PC...
  9. Can I reinstall genuine windows 10 after formatting with same product key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I reinstall genuine windows 10 after formatting with same product key?: I have mistakenly given administrator setting to an Email account I don't have access to. If I format my windows will I able to get genuine windows 10 with same product key and make new administrator?...
  10. Can I reinstall windows on different drive using same product key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I reinstall windows on different drive using same product key?: Hi! I want to upgrade from a mechanical hdd to an nvme and install windows on that one. this hard drive will be formatted. can i use my product key on that drive given that the current one will not contain it anymore?...