Windows 10: Can you use the Server Manager to manage Windows 8.1 server

Discus and support Can you use the Server Manager to manage Windows 8.1 server in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a windows 8.1 server Not windows server 2012 or 2016 that I would like to manage using the server Manager. The server is just a home server for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by dastikhan11, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Can you use the Server Manager to manage Windows 8.1 server

I have a windows 8.1 server Not windows server 2012 or 2016 that I would like to manage using the server Manager. The server is just a home server for plex and file sharing. I have tried using RSAT for windows 8.1 remote Server Administration Tool, https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=39296 but to no avail.When I add the server to the Server Manager, using the DNS tab since it doesn't show up in the Active Directory tab with the local ip of the server or 127.0.0.1, it does add but it gives out an error saying "WinRM Negotiate authentication error". I have looked

:)

dastikhan11, Jun 28, 2022

2. Central server management

Hi,

is there any solution (software) for manage multiple company servers in one management center?

I know there is wac, but in wac i am able to add only one company.

Lets say, i need to control several company servers: (all are Windows servers)

Company 1 has 5 servers

Company 2 (different domain, subnet, location) has 4 servers

Company 3 (different domain, subnet, location) has 2 servers

Is there i way, to manage all servers in one console, software, management center?

Mostly to check their status on daily basis.

Have a nice day,

Michal

MichalJanza, Jun 28, 2022
  3. dalchina Win User
    Credential Manager - 0x800706BA - The RPC server is unavailable

Hi, please review the state of your services vs this:
    Restore Default Services in Windows 10

Have you ever changed the state of any of your services, or chosen to disable any?

RPC: I have

Can you use the Server Manager to manage Windows 8.1 server [​IMG]

I can confirm my Credential Manager starts.

Observing the cautious preparatory steps prompted by this free tool:

Can you use the Server Manager to manage Windows 8.1 server [​IMG]

you might try only selected repairs- there are at least two service- related repairs available.

Firewalls and ports:
    You mention firewalls. Are you using any security software besides Windows Defender?

You've probably seen:
    Troubleshooting 'RPC server unavailable' 0x800706BA - [SOLVED] enterprise IT

dalchina, Jun 28, 2022
  4. hiojay Win User

Can you use the Server Manager to manage Windows 8.1 server

Server Manager questions

I've just started using the Server Manager feature in Windows 10 to manage some Windows Server 2016 servers. I was wondering whether there was a way to perform the following using Server Manager:

- View and Manage Scheduled Tasks on servers

- View the "Log on as" user/account for a particular service

I know we can manage this using Powershell commands, but it'd be nice to be able to be able to see and manage this information without having to use Powershell.

Does anyone know whether it's possible to do the above?

[Moved from:Windows/Windows 10/Ease of access]

hiojay, Jun 28, 2022
Thema:

Can you use the Server Manager to manage Windows 8.1 server

1. Can you use the Server Manager to manage Windows 8.1 server - Similar Threads - Server Manager manage

2. Can I use SQL Server Management Studio with SQL 2016 Express Edition for managing data used...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use SQL Server Management Studio with SQL 2016 Express Edition for managing data used...: We have Biometric devices across multiple of our branches from where we collect attendance data on a cloud server running SQL 2016 Express Edition. Can we use SQL Server Management Studio along with it?We are only collecting information within the organization and using to...
  3. Can you use the Server Manager to manage Windows 8.1 server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you use the Server Manager to manage Windows 8.1 server: I have a windows 8.1 server Not windows server 2012 or 2016 that I would like to manage using the server Manager. The server is just a home server for plex and file sharing. I have tried using RSAT for windows 8.1 remote Server Administration Tool,...
  4. Managing Server 2019 clustering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Managing Server 2019 clustering: SQL Server 2019 Always-on implemented on 2 Nodes on Windows Server 2022 and when i perform manual failover to the second node I got this warning "the current wsfc cluster quorum vote configuration is not recommended for this availability group", and the Always-on availability...
  5. Managing Server 2019 clustering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Managing Server 2019 clustering: SQL Server 2019 Always-on implemented on 2 Nodes on Windows Server 2022 and when i perform manual failover to the second node I got this warning "the current wsfc cluster quorum vote configuration is not recommended for this availability group", and the Always-on availability...
  6. Managing Server 2019 clustering

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows server manager error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows server manager error: I was try to use windows server manager to management my server. And here have a error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-server-manager-error/d36c3dc4-b81e-4ea4-91b7-296e2ec500d6
  8. SQL server management not responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    SQL server management not responding: Recently installed SSMS and it got installed successfully but simply it's not responding to any command or opening. Suggestions are appreciated. Version 18.8...
  9. problem in server manager.

problem in server manager.: [ATTACH] Dears, I install windows 10 in VMware Fusion, Then I install the Server manager because I didn’t found it by default. The local server section in the left side is not appearing! moreover, I can’t add roles and features it shows an error ”Attached”...
  10. sql server management studio

sql server management studio: Hi! I have been using an electronic health record system for the past 10 years. I am retiring soon but will still need access to the 'ehr' information for 7 years. The people who run the program that I use tell me that the information is in sql. I have a choice how to access...