Windows 10: Can you use Windose 10 backup on locked and system files?

Discus and support Can you use Windose 10 backup on locked and system files? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Can I use that as a fast and dirty method of restoring damaged files or am I pretty much stuck on full drive recovery if I want to deal with the OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by ZippyDSMlee, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Can you use Windose 10 backup on locked and system files?

Can I use that as a fast and dirty method of restoring damaged files or am I pretty much stuck on full drive recovery if I want to deal with the OS itself?

I use macrium reflect to make the drive backups, can you use those to restore just the OS folders and not every little thing?

:)

ZippyDSMlee, Oct 4, 2016

2. WINDOWS 10 64 BIT

Good day!

Iam sorry for the trouble.

I want 32 bit windose 10 to convert to 64 bit. Used Media kreation Toll When you create a boot

disk chose the 64 bit system, but can not boot now.What could be the reason?

THANK YOU!!!

григорийТарнавский, Oct 4, 2016
  3. my wi fi app get lost

thank you for help i had a microsoft surface pro 3 and as i upgrade it to windose 10 my wi fi app get lost and i could not go to internet also i need to re instal my kaspersky antiviruse again and changing from pc mode to tab mode was more complicated
    and my internet dwnload was very very very slow therfore i decided to get back to windose 8.1 and never try agin windose 10 till i buy new computer with pre instaled windose 10 .

jamshidrostami, Oct 4, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Can you use Windose 10 backup on locked and system files?

The point of disk imaging is to allow you to restore a consistent working environment as was. You can't possibly select part of an image- say 50%- and achieve that. You restore the whole registry, so everything has to match that, for example. And there's so much more...

Trying to work out what you might want selectively from an image to give you a correct and reliable system would take you much much longer than simply restoring the image- and would be a complete waste of time trying.

(You can mount image files and extract individual files - but that's completely different to what you want).

dalchina, Oct 6, 2016
  5. I dunno I've managed to fix a broken windows OS by dumping files and folders into it, mainly the windows folder itself, never had something like the DISM to check and restore current items tho but its not 100%, so I could in theory use a VM to maintain the OS and basic profiles in a VM off a disk image, if the main OS goes bad or quirky I'd at least have a live image to use to refresh the current OS.

Also has anyone made a program that will properly import information from a profile to a new profile? Doing it manfully has become a pain in win10...

Right now since the last big update defender is running all the time(gives an error when you shut it off) and my programs and OS are sluggish and iffy. That last update is a killer....

ZippyDSMlee, Oct 6, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Sorry, I have to completely disagree with your maintenance approach.

I find Avast preferable in its negligible use of system resources. I've seen Defender behave like that.

No.. and it sounds as if this is something you're doing repeatedly. That shouldn't be the case and points to sthg else wrong.

dalchina, Oct 6, 2016
  7. Avast is pretty decent, kasversky with firewall,ect dose not take up much more, but defender yikes its rough and has false positives like crazy. I prefer kasversky since it dose false positives less than most.

Just a thought mind you, was hoping for a faster solution than go back to the image, I hard reboot now and then from crashes or stuck programs(can't alt tab away,ect) or the USB driver giving me crap but it happens 2-10 times a year I have clean image backup with the profile made and basic things installed. Hard reboots degrade the system combine that with funky updates that should be treated as SP patches or more very optional feature updates as they come with more "features" than anything else..

So basically the best thing is use the image, okay I'll go with that then.

ZippyDSMlee, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can you use Windose 10 backup on locked and system files?

1. Can you use Windose 10 backup on locked and system files? - Similar Threads - Windose backup locked

2. How can I backup my system and files ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I backup my system and files ?: I'm got a new Windows 11 computer.So,I need to backup my Windows 10 system and files. But I CANNOT find any backup tools in my Windows 10 Settings .There is a backup tool in the control panel,but it only for Windows 7.It DON'T work on Windows 11 and 10. I HOPE Microsoft will...
  3. How can I backup my system and files ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I backup my system and files ?: I'm got a new Windows 11 computer.So,I need to backup my Windows 10 system and files. But I CANNOT find any backup tools in my Windows 10 Settings .There is a backup tool in the control panel,but it only for Windows 7.It DON'T work on Windows 11 and 10. I HOPE Microsoft will...
  4. How can I backup my system and files ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 - Types of drives you can use for system imaging?

Windows 10 - Types of drives you can use for system imaging?: Trying to do backup images of workstations and servers on machine networks that have very little on them and would fit on a 64GB - 256GB thumb drive, but windows states it cannot backup to them. So, can you use SSD drives at all, thumb or external and is it the same for a...
  6. Can you delete the mobilesync/backup files on C drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you delete the mobilesync/backup files on C drive?: Hi,I'm trying to free up space in my C drive, and as per a few other recommendations from other threads I downloaded treeSize to see what was taking up the most space. I can see the files under apple/mobilesync/backup are taking up the most space - around 36GB. I went to...
  7. Can you delete the mobilesync/backup files on C drive?

Can you delete the mobilesync/backup files on C drive?: Hi,I'm trying to free up space in my C drive, and as per a few other recommendations from other threads I downloaded treeSize to see what was taking up the most space. I can see the files under apple/mobilesync/backup are taking up the most space - around 36GB. I went to...
  8. windose store

windose store: it ask me to install on my device but dose not show my device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windose-store/9630c372-a651-4246-9fcd-f491c068b79a
  9. Can you ZIP files using file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can you ZIP files using file explorer: Can you ZIP files using file explorer? If you can how do you do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-zip-files-using-file-explorer/9c023eb6-0718-4b82-a93e-5eccb1bbd7fa"
  10. Can not Backup or system image, Win 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can not Backup or system image, Win 10: I have had win 10 on my laptop 5 months or so being upgraded from win 8, 8.1 etc. In this time I have not been able to backup to my (eSATA) external HD. I need to do some program work so I want to back up before going ahead. Before someone says use this or that backup program...