Windows 10: Can you ZIP files using file explorer

Discus and support Can you ZIP files using file explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can you ZIP files using file explorer? If you can how do you do this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnCordwell1, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Can you ZIP files using file explorer

Can you ZIP files using file explorer? If you can how do you do this?

:)

JohnCordwell1, Dec 3, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

.zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/zip-unzip-files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Dec 3, 2018
  3. GSquadron Win User
    Folders with zip files

I have like 30 or more folders and everyone of them has only one single zip file.
    How can I extract all zip files inside of all folders?

GSquadron, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Can you ZIP files using file explorer

Access denied to zip file

Hi Stephanie,

The issue that you're experiencing may be due to a corrupted user profile. We have found a workaround regarding the "Access denied" error. Kindly follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + E to open File Explorer.
    • Copy the files that you want to zip.
    • Paste it in the Downloads folder.
    • From there, zip your file. You may follow the steps provided in this
      article

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Can you ZIP files using file explorer

1. Can you ZIP files using file explorer - Similar Threads - ZIP files using

2. What zip compression methods are used by Windows File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What zip compression methods are used by Windows File Explorer?: Hello,I am working for an organization that will be archiving extensive amounts of data for long-term storage. We rely on Windows File Explorer to compress and create zip files of our publications. For our archiving work, we want to follow the ISO standard for Document...
  3. File Explorer Preview Handler for zip files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Preview Handler for zip files: How/where do I get a File Explorer Preview Handler for zip files?File Explorer shows a preview for some file types but not zip files. I'm told I need a zip file Preview Handler for Windows 10. Where do I get/download one of these?Tim...
  4. File Explorer Preview Handler for zip files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Preview Handler for zip files: How/where do I get a File Explorer Preview Handler for zip files?File Explorer shows a preview for some file types but not zip files. I'm told I need a zip file Preview Handler for Windows 10. Where do I get/download one of these?Tim...
  5. File Explorer Preview Handler for zip files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Can you shrink a zip file while extracting it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you shrink a zip file while extracting it?: I am using a Windows 11 PC and need to extract a zip file. However, after extraction the files will be a total of 80 GB. The zip file is 76 GB before extraction. In total, after extraction this would have used 156GB on my disk. I only have ~120GB of free space. So, is there a...
  7. Can you shrink a zip file while extracting it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you shrink a zip file while extracting it?: I am using a Windows 11 PC and need to extract a zip file. However, after extraction the files will be a total of 80 GB. The zip file is 76 GB before extraction. In total, after extraction this would have used 156GB on my disk. I only have ~120GB of free space. So, is there a...
  8. Restore zip functionality to File Explorer

Restore zip functionality to File Explorer: A while back I installed a 3rd party zip application to open a compressed folder I've never heard of before. After doing that, my File Explorer lost its ability to open .ZIP files. So I uninstalled the 3rd party application but it did not fix my ZIP function. I have been...
  9. Zip Files Open With Internet Explorer

Zip Files Open With Internet Explorer: I accidentally changed all my zip package files to open with Internet Explorer and I can't change it back to opening or downloading as a zip file. When I click "open with," there isn't an option to open with file explorer, and even when I go to "choose another app" -> "look...
  10. Zip file in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Zip file in File Explorer: Hi I try to open a zip file in "File Explorer/Windows 10" with double click on, but it is no working. I'm trying with right mouse click to “extract all”, and I have got the error: Windows cannot complete the extraction The compressed zipper Folder XXX is invalid any...